a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1/2/14 "Come Blow Your Horn" A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
COME BLOW YOUR HORN
A Late Chat Production

Your ten year old son, Buck, is learning to play the saxophone but he is not very good but he still enjoys practicing. You have told Buck he is not to practice outside as the neighbors next to you have complained about the noise.

Buck has a school concert and he is in his room practicing. Sadly, he still needs LOTS of practice. You ask Buck if he would take a break for a little bit. (You have to get some last minute reports done for work and need to concentrate.)

Unknown to you Buck takes his saxophone outside.

BUCK - 10 (Aspiring Saxophonist)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The neighbors call the police complaining of Buck's "disturbing the peace" and "noise pollution."

The police arrive and knock on your door. They tell you what happened and the officer rolls his eyes towards the neighbor's house and says he feels this is a matter you can handle. The officer thanks you for your time and departs.

Buck is spanked if needed.

How do you handle the matter? Is Buck's horn no longer going to be the only thing making noise pollution?

AFinch

Sherrif
Buck can make all the noise he wants from 7AM until 10PM by LAW, a law for which I'm sure the intolerant yahoos who called the police agitated. I'm going to politely tell the officer so, and phone my neighbors and politely suggest if they don't want a war, they'd be better served by using a different mechanism in the future.

I'm going to commend Buck for sticking to his practice--I'm sure even he knows he's not very good right now, but with practice he'll only get better.

No way I'm spanking for this. Who knows? He might even grow up to be President of the United States.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:Buck can make all the noise he wants from 7AM until 10PM by LAW, a law for which I'm sure the intolerant yahoos who called the police agitated.  I'm going to politely tell the officer so, and phone my neighbors and politely suggest if they don't want a war, they'd be better served by using a different mechanism in the future.

I'm going to commend Buck for sticking to his practice--I'm sure even he knows he's not very good right now, but with practice he'll only get better.

No way I'm spanking for this.  Who knows?  He might even grow up to be President of the United States.

I second!!

Iconoclast

John Boy

Sherrif
Iconoclast wrote:
AFinch wrote:Buck can make all the noise he wants from 7AM until 10PM by LAW, a law for which I'm sure the intolerant yahoos who called the police agitated.  I'm going to politely tell the officer so, and phone my neighbors and politely suggest if they don't want a war, they'd be better served by using a different mechanism in the future.

No way I'm spanking for this.  Who knows?  He might even grow up to be President of the United States.

I second!!

Iconoclast
I second the second LOL or is that Third LOL Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
Ditto that!  Very Happy 

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Perhaps next time he needs to practice outside I should accompany him with my drum kit.  Twisted Evil

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
I don't want to discourage my little lad from his music. We all know it can sound awful when kids are beginners. If I want Buck to be the next Clarence Clemmons I have to find a way to help him out. Do we not have a garage or a basement he could go to. I really don't want to spank him any more than that officer wanted to take action against him, especially when he is so keen. If the house isn't up to it I might try to find a way of soundproofing his room or seeing if a neighbour has anything suitable. In time I hope, people will Want to hear Buck play his sax. For now though I will tell Buck we will have to have a bit of give and take. Buck will understand when I have to get some work done and that he cant disturb the neighbours and I may have to grit my teeth and cover my ears for a bit. Like with babies, this stage won't last forever.

ivor

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:Perhaps next time he needs to practice outside I should accompany him with my drum kit.  Twisted Evil

That's a bit rich, buddy  Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm not bucking the trend.

I WILL say that, in real life, I'm very lucky to have a corner house and a detached garage.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Kier. I'm sure I've had to tolerate noise from my neighbor on occasion, such as his lawn mower shattering my Saturday morning lie-in. I've been reasonable in asking Buck to practice indoors, so the neighbors will just have to suck it up on the rare occasions when outdoor practice is necessary. If the kid doesn't practice, he can't improve. Perhaps I'll look into some private lessons for him.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'm getting him a mute for the instrument. I need it in the house as well as when he practises inside!

Thank goodness he's chosen a saxophone rather than a violin. That's even more painful to the ears.

Stone Man

Marshall
A mute sounds like a good idea. The next time the neighbors complain I'll go and accompany my son on my trombone.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum