a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Botd 01-10-14 Ant on the Lam - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Ant on the Lam
An Ivor Production

Last night you spanked your 14 year old son Ant.

The reasons for doing so aren't relevant but were for an 'offence' he has committed before. Until recently you have always spanked him bare butt over your knee but a couple of months back you told him he could keep his boxers on but your 'normal' two minute spanking would be increased to three minutes as a result.

This morning on going to his room you find he's not there. Some of his bedding has gone as well and he has left a note that says he's left home because he's too old to be spanked - especially over your knee.

It is the summer, so before calling the police to report him as missing you go out into the nearby woods to see if you can find him. After a while you see this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's safe, so no worries there. But is he in for another spanking for running off or are you going to consider a non spanking policy in future?

David M. Katz

Marshall
Sounds like we need to talk.

I am not inclined to spank for this.

He did leave a note.  Very Happy 

I think this one needs to be worked out by discussing it.

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto David. I can't see how another spanking at this time would make anything better. We need to talk. I won't take spanking off the table, necessarily. but should it be necessary we can talk about an alternative method. Of course, the simplest solution is for Ant to simply behave--then type and method of punishment becomes moot.

Padraig

Trailboss
ditto

but easily said as an adult...

Stone Man

Marshall
AFinch wrote:Ditto David.  I can't see how another spanking at this time would make anything better.  We need to talk.  I won't take spanking off the table, necessarily. but should it be necessary we can talk about an alternative method.  Of course, the simplest solution is for Ant to simply behave--then type and method of punishment becomes moot.

Ditto Kier.

Fourteen is/was a turning point age for me and my boys. There is/was a difference in how I/they were treated as 14 YO Eighth Graders and as 14 YO Freshmen. Spanking would not ever be off the table, but it would likely be saved for MAJOR misbehavior serving as a reminder of who was the parent and who was the boy and added to the usual loss of privileges or restrictions.

I think I'll hug him instead and see where that leads.

John Boy

Sherrif
ditto Katz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with the K Club. There is little value in a punishment that elicits such a strong reaction in a kid. We'll talk and reach an agreement about what punishments are acceptable to both of us. Perhaps he is too old for over the knee spanking but can accept corporal punishment with a paddle or belt while bent over; perhaps it's time to forsake corporal punishment altogether.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I'm not going to punish him for this - it seems to me that it's obviously a talking occasion, where the two of us need to come to an understanding. I'm not saying I'll let him off scot free, but I can understand that he was very upset, and upsetting him more won't help the situation (I will make it clear to him that this is a one off, and future occurrences might not be met the same way).

Considering his age, I think I need to clearly define my thoughts, then listen to his. If spanking has always worked in the past, I see no reason to change it. On the other hand, it seems like it might not be working now. Or maybe it's as simple as letting him lean across something instead of going over my knee.

Jack

Admin
As a reminder, I used to take CP off the table for my boys when they'd behaved for 6 months or when they started to drive, and I used it more sparsely even before that. Over the last... couple of years now (?), I've found that the older boys don't mind CP nearly as much when they have input and options, and that's probably what Ant really needs.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
We need to talk - with no threat of further punishment on the table.  He has made the strong point that I'm on the cusp of losing him, perhaps not physically but certainly from the point of view of being a positive influence in his life.

Fourteen - an interesting age.

My memory isn't altogether clear on this but I believe that by the time I was 14 the dreaded strap had become a memory.  I think that I was broadly compliant, intelligent enough to respond to reason and perhaps cunning enough to cover any wayward tracks.

Or perhaps there was a different perception of 14 year olds in the working classes at that time, a time when my peers who had not made it through to grammar school were leaving school to join the world of work and contribute to the family income.

I still got the cane at school at and after 14 though, but not, as far as I can remember, in my final year.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm not spanking for this because it is more important I find out what is in Ants head if he is going to run out on us like this. I am prepared to accommodate my young teen not going over my knee any more (he's no longer a little boy) but I'm not sure about stopping spanking altogether so I need to check whether going over the knee or being spanked at all is the issue. Am I still only using my hand. Would Ant prefer shorter school style spankings bent over or laying on his bed with a paddle or other suitable implement? Given the increased force involved he could keep on layer of protection for that. But for now I just need to get Ant home

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum