Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site


You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1/28/14 "At The Doctor's Office" A mahoover Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz


Marshall
AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE
A mahoover Production

You have three sons, Adam (10), John (12), and Mike (8.) Mike is not shown in the picture. You are a stay at home parent, and you are watching all three boys during their summer break. This morning Mike said that he wasn't feeling well at breakfast but he didn't seem to be in too bad of shape. You checked for a temperature, and it was a little high, but still in the normal range. So you let all three boys go play. Mike comes back in the house about an hour later saying he is tired, and goes to lie down on the sofa and watch TV. A little later he throws up, and when you check, he is running a temperature of 101(F). You call the doctor's office and they tell you to bring him in and they will work him into the schedule. You call Adam and John to come into the house, but they don't come in. You have to go into the woods behind your house where they are playing and fetch them. You get all three kids into the car and head to the doctors office. Adam and John are whining the entire trip that you interrupted their game of war tag. When you get to the doctor's office, you have to wait for quite a while they try to work Mike into the schedule. And while you are waiting, Adam and John decide to continue their game of war tag. They are running all over the waiting room. You put a stop to the game and make them sit down. They are continuing to whine that you aren't being fair to them.

ADAM AND JOHN 10 & 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What do you do next?


_________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=David+M.+Katz

John Boy


Sherrif
I shall give them another warning or else we might have to take a trip to the bathroom.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig


Trailboss
A good doctor's office (at least when they usually treat children) should be equipped to keep boys of that age occupied for a while.

AFinch


Sherrif
I agree with both Padraig and JB.

A pediatrician's office should have toys or other activities to keep kids busy, and in today's world, those boys should likely have PSP's or equivalent anyway.

And boys 10 and 12 should be able to behave themselves for a couple of hours, especially when there is a perceived family crisis, such as an ill sibling. There won't be a trip to the bathroom, lest I be accused of "abuse" by office staff, but there will be a quiet promise of a trip to a bedroom, or barn, when we get home if they don't straighten up.

Kat


Editor Extraordinaire
Unanimous so far.

Kat

ivor


Marshall
My temperature is rising like Mike's but due to a different cause.

The pair will be informed that they can either sit quietly now or when we get home they will be neither quiet or sitting.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter


Sherrif
I would like to aske how they feel if they were in the little guys shoes They are are being very selfish and they know better than to behave like this. One last chance or they'll be doing the high jump when we get home

MemoryMan


Sherrif
AFinch wrote:A pediatrician's office should have toys or other activities to keep kids busy, and in today's world, those boys should likely have PSP's or equivalent anyway.  

And boys 10 and 12 should be able to behave themselves for a couple of hours, especially when there is a perceived family crisis, such as an ill sibling.  There won't be a trip to the bathroom, lest I be accused of "abuse" by office staff, but there will be a quiet promise of a trip to a bedroom, or barn, when we get home if they don't straighten up.

A neat summary.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Pi Beta


Deputy
I will ask the receptionist in their hearing whether she would ask if the practice nurse is available to give the two troublemakers their much overdue injection for trouble-itis (pronounced "trublitis"), winking at the receptionist and then adding, "that is the one that's given into their bottoms with the very big needle, leaving them very sore afterwards, isn't it?"

I just hope the receptionist plays the game with me.

Once home, I'll give them a verbal tongue lashing for their selfishness and lack of consideration for others.

Jack


Admin
I explain that tag isn't an emergency, but that their brother's health is, and that there have been times when their health caused inconveniences for the rest of us. Especially at their age, I expect them to understand that.

Honestly, there should be enough toys in the doctors waiting room for me to keep them amused, even if their own doodads won't do it. However, if they need more incentive, I'll offer to ask if the doc has an empty waiting room I can borrow to spank them.

Hmmm... more likely (and probably more effective), I'll simply explain that every minute of disruption in the doctor's office equals ten minutes of time out when we get home.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Jack


Admin
AFinch wrote:There won't be a trip to the bathroom, lest I be accused of "abuse" by office staff...

Not only has the pediatrician seen my boys with red rears, not only has he watched me spank one boy while he examined another, but I've spanked my pediatrician (I've known him nearly 25 years now, and I believe he's 38).


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Kai


Deputy
Pi Beta wrote:I will ask the receptionist in their hearing whether she would ask if the practice nurse is available to give the two troublemakers their much overdue injection for trouble-itis (pronounced "trublitis"), winking at the receptionist and then adding, "that is the one that's given into their bottoms with the very big needle, leaving them very sore afterwards, isn't it?"

I just hope the receptionist plays the game with me.

Once home, I'll give them a verbal tongue lashing for their selfishness and lack of consideration for others.
DITTO Very Happy

1strappedboy


Sherrif
AFinch wrote:I agree with both Padraig and JB.  

A pediatrician's office should have toys or other activities to keep kids busy, and in today's world, those boys should likely have PSP's or equivalent anyway.  

And boys 10 and 12 should be able to behave themselves for a couple of hours, especially when there is a perceived family crisis, such as an ill sibling.  There won't be a trip to the bathroom, lest I be accused of "abuse" by office staff, but there will be a quiet promise of a trip to a bedroom, or barn, when we get home if they don't straighten up.


What HE said!  Razz 

AFinch


Sherrif
Jack wrote:
AFinch wrote:There won't be a trip to the bathroom, lest I be accused of "abuse" by office staff...

Not only has the pediatrician seen my boys with red rears, not only has he watched me spank one boy while he examined another, but I've spanked my pediatrician (I've known him nearly 25 years now, and I believe he's 38).

You have a special relationship with your pediatrician and are also in a state where red rears are more generally accepted as normal parenting, even good parenting, than they are in other areas.

Having been "in the business", I personally am aware of nurses who have called CPS over red, unmarked rears, and have heard threats to do so if a parent so much as threatened a smack to an unruly kid. I think it's wrong, but it's the reality of today's society, at least on both coasts.

AFinch


Sherrif
Pi Beta wrote:I will ask the receptionist in their hearing whether she would ask if the practice nurse is available to give the two troublemakers their much overdue injection for trouble-itis (pronounced "trublitis"), winking at the receptionist and then adding, "that is the one that's given into their bottoms with the very big needle, leaving them very sore afterwards, isn't it?"

I just hope the receptionist plays the game with me.

Once home, I'll give them a verbal tongue lashing for their selfishness and lack of consideration for others.

It is fortunate you weren't in my office. Nothing made me "see red" faster than a parent asking ME to administer the punishment they wouldn't give, in the guise of medical therapy. My response was that injections (shots in the US, jabs, I guess over there) were to cure diseases. Spankings were for bratty behavior, and while I couldn't give those to patients, their parents certainly could.

Iconoclast


Trailboss
I think I would chase Adam and John outside to play after checking to make sure their cell phones are turned on and charged. In any case it is better that they not wait around to catch something in the waiting room.

Iconoclast

mahoover


Cowboy
Most of the responses have matched what I expected and would have done.
After sitting the boys down in the waiting room telling them that this is a case where they have to take one for the family, and that their younger brother needs me to pay attention to him now. And that I need them to behave like civilized people instead of barbarians. I would further say that their behavior for the rest of the doctor's visit will control what happens when we get home. If they are well behaved, they will get a treat, and if they keep behaving like they have been, they will get a sore bottom. Their choice.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum