a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1/30/14 "See You Later, Alligator" A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SEE YOU LATER, ALLIGATOR
A Late Chat Production

You have taken your nephew, twelve year old Jesse, and your two sons, five year old Bert and seven year old Jeb, on a camping trip.  There is a creek near your camp site but it is only accessible through a wooded area and it is prone to flooding.  You tell Bert and Jeb that they are not to go to the creek without you or Jesse with them. You tell Bert and Jeb that since this a safety issue there are to be no exceptions.

Your sons and their cousin get along well but Jesse does often take advantage of the age difference and likes to play pranks on his younger cousins.  

You and Jesse are busy setting up camp while Bert and Jeb play nearby.  You have to make a quick trip to a local store to get some forgotten supplies.  The trip will not take you more than a half hour and so you leave Jesse in charge of the younger boys while you make the supply run.

Jesse tells his cousins that there are alligators in the creek.  Jesse says they are tame alligators and fun to play with.  The boys ask Jesse to take them to the creek to see the alligators but he says he doesn't want to go.  (There are no alligators and Jesse knows it but he thinks it is fun to joke around with his cousins.)  Jesse tells Bert and Jeb to go look for the alligators without him.

As you are heading back to the camp site you see Bert and Jeb at the creek by themselves.  You stop and order your sons in the truck.  You ask them if they were clear on the rule about going to the creek.  They say they were but that Jesse said it was OK.

Yes, Jesse knew he was setting his cousins up to disobey.

JESSE - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BERT - 5  &  JEB - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You use spanking (just hand on bare) with your sons and it works well.  Your brother uses spanking (belt, spoon, or hand on bare depending on circumstances) with Jesse and it also works well with him.  You and your brother have mutual spanking permission with each other's sons and you both have used it with all three boys in the past.

Is anyone in trouble?  Do Jesse, Bert, or Jeb get a spanking?  If so, who gets spanked, and how will you give the spanking(s)?

AFinch

Sherrif
If Bert and Jeb have been left in Jesse's care, and he's told them they can go play at the creek, they would, fairly, believe they had permission and that permission, being more recent, superseded what they'd been told before I left to go to the market. They get a pass, though they do get to hear, again, why I don't want them there unless I (or another ADULT) is with them.

Jesse, per the scenario, is setting his cousins up to disobey knowing what he thinks will happen. That's reprehensible, as well as just plain mean. And the results could have been tragic had there been a flash flood.

Because I don't want to ruin the trip, I'm going to read Jesse the riot act, including the "how would you have felt if something had happened to them on your watch?" By the time I'm done, his ears will be burning more than his bottom deservedly ought to be. He'll get a pass this time, but he will be very aware that if he steps a quarter inch out of line the rest of the weekend, he'll be in for the switching of his life. We're in the woods--there are lots of trees, and like space, there's no one (else) to hear him scream.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:If Bert and Jeb have been left in Jesse's care, and he's told them they can go play at the creek, they would, fairly, believe they had permission and that permission, being more recent, superseded what they'd been told before I left to go to the market.  They get a pass, though they do get to hear, again, why I don't want them there unless I (or another ADULT) is with them.

Jesse, per the scenario, is setting his cousins up to disobey knowing what he thinks will happen.  That's reprehensible, as well as just plain mean.  And the results could have been tragic had there been a flash flood..

A spot on analysis but.......................

After chewing Jesse out he can be removing his shorts while I to impress on Bert and Jeb that whatever I tell them stands unless I say otherwise.  That they can watch what will happen if they disobey.

Then Jesse will go across my lap for a very sound handspanking. Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
I'm in MM's camp.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
The little guys are getting a pass because Jesse said they could go to the creek. But they did disobey and will be warned that although I left Jesse to watch them MY rules  still apply. Not an easy one to follow at their age. As for Jesse. I tell him I've a mind to take my belt to him as I think his Dad would do if he heard about this, It was a mean and potentially dangerous trick to play. I thin k thought that I will have a suitable bit of footwear with me on this trip and Jesse can go bare over my lap inside the tent while the lttle ones play/listen Exclamation Evil or Very Mad  just outside. I want to get my point across about just what being in charge entails so my sons arent endangered but also I want toe ensure this doesn't colour the whole trip.

Padraig

Trailboss
Well, Jesse will probably deny the accusations so I can only assume he had set them up. But either he had set the little ones up or he had failed his watching duties.

His ears will ring when I am done lecturing him. If he gets an additional sore rear depends on his attitude. However, he will know he has to work hard to earn back my trust.

The little ones will get a (milder) lecture too. The rule regarding the creek will be redefined.

Kai

Deputy
I am sitting with Ivor in MM's camp around the fire.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jesse is getting it and he has lost his supervision privileges. Though maybe we play a trick on him Twisted Evil where I bring my two back to camp. (They will be in on it) and make sure Jesse can hear me promising them both spankings of their young lives. See if the trouble maker has a I love you

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with MM on this one. Jesse has something coming.

Kat

Jack

Admin
The hard part for me is that, if I gave them permission to go with Jesse, and he gave them permission to go without him, I can kind of understand why boys that age thought it was okay.

If the facts of the scenario come out on discussion, then my boys will get a lecture about asking ME about changes in my rules, rather than taking anyone else's word on it... Probably also a brief time out.

I don't want to ruin my time with Jesse, but this isn't a joke, he had the boys violating a safety issue, and he apparently did it to get them in trouble. It will depend a bit on what he has to say for himself, and somewhat on our relationship, but I'm tending towards giving him a choice of belt on pants or hand, bare, with him otk (just like his cousins would have received). It won't be too harsh, but I think he needs it driven home that his behavior was unacceptable.

Stone Man

Marshall
Kai wrote:I am sitting with Ivor in MM's camp around the fire.

If there's room I'll join this camp.... I've got the makings for s'mores.

ivor

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:

s'more the merrier!  Laughing 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
ivor wrote:
Stone Man wrote:
s'more the merrier!  Laughing 
Smile

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Hate to break this campfire up, but Jesse is due for more than my hand for this!  I agree that mine get the proverbial 'pass' as they clearly were left in the command of their older cousin and would rightly (in boy-think) believe that his word was good.  That being said I need to impress on my guys the consequences that befall an "older" boy when he messes up.  They can see what my belt does to "a big boy's butt".  Perhaps that will impress them sufficiently as to keep them in line for a while.

Like Jack said, I don't want to spoil our outing or my relationship with my nephew, but I need to impress upon HIM that I can't have this sort of thing happening if I expect to trust him with my kids.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum