Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site


You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-01-14 One of the Guys - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater


Bransom Postmaster
ONE OF THE GUYS
A DMK Production

Kent is your twelve year old son.  Kent is basically a well behaved boy and is rarely in trouble.  When Kent does slip up a spanking addresses the issue very well. Kent also does well in school and, like at home, is rarely in trouble.  Obviously you believe in spanking but you are not comfortable with anyone else but you or your spouse spanking your son. Kent's school utilizes corporal punishment but a parent/legal guardian must sign a waiver in order for the school to paddle a student. Because you want only you or your spouse to spank Kent you never signed the waiver.  Because Kent rarely misbehaves at school it has essentially been a non-issue.

Kent comes in from school and says he needs to have an important discussion with you.

KENT - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kent tells you that he and three of his friends skipped school and went to a local park instead of going to school but they were caught when the assistant principal decided to have his lunch at the park.  Kent further confesses that it was actually his idea to skip.  Kent explains it was "just too nice of a day to sit in class."  Kent and his friends were sent back to school to meet with the assistant principal.

Kent says his partners in crime were each given three licks and sent on to class.  Kent explains that he was not paddled because you did not sign a waiver.  Kent says he has been assigned In School Suspension for tomorrow.  Kent says the issue is that his friends are now teasing him and calling him a wimp.  Kent says his friends are also saying it isn't fair that they got paddled and he didn't.  Kent admits that he doesn't want to sit in ISS all day but he says the bigger issue is that he wants to be one of the guys.  Kent says he wants to be paddled just like his friends.

Kent produces a CP waiver that he obtained from the assistant principal.  Kent says he can be paddled just like his friends tomorrow morning and then he won't have to serve ISS.  Kent says it would help his standing with his friends and Kent also feels that they should all share the same punishment. Kent asks you to sign the waiver and let him take the three licks.

Do you sign?  Is Kent due any sort of punishment from you?


_________________
Can you dig it?
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Skater

AFinch


Sherrif
Assuming I have no reason to believe the school officials are abusive, I'm going to sign the waiver. And since it's a school matter, and will be handled at school, I'm not going to add additional punishment.

John Boy


Sherrif
Obviously he has taken a lot of thought to this himself (sure the teasing didn't help) but his sense of justice shows that I should sign.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Iconoclast


Trailboss
AFinch wrote:Assuming I have no reason to believe the school officials are abusive, I'm going to sign the waiver.  And since it's a school matter, and will be handled at school, I'm not going to add additional punishment.

I agree!

Iconoclast

Kat


Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Kier. K Club is in agreement. In general, I'm not a fan of ISS unless a kid is causing problems in class; otherwise, removing a kid from his direct instruction and classroom participation is a poor way of addressing behavioral issues.

Kat

Stone Man


Marshall
Kat wrote:I agree with Kier. K Club is in agreement. In general, I'm not a fan of ISS unless a kid is causing problems in class; otherwise, removing a kid from his direct instruction and classroom participation is a poor way of addressing behavioral issues.

Kat

Hear Hear! on Kat's ISS views, and Kier's post.

ivor


Marshall
Kent can join the club.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan


Sherrif
Kent will have been agonising about confessing his sin to me and has been honest in admitting that it was his idea. (difficult? I think so.)

I believe any further jaw jaw from me about the importance of education etc. will be superfluous as will further punishment; so I'll bite my tongue and leave the punishment to the school.

Clearly he has thought the issue through and its important him.  

Of course I'll sign.

(actually I'm also a bit proud of him for the way he's handled his difficulty)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter


Sherrif
First I'm proud Kent is not afraid to take whats coming and has been so upfront with us but not pleased at what he did. I think Kent has seen that his friends have survived their paddlings/ not been abused etc. I am also aware of not wishing to be the odd man out and taking the jibes. I am in agreement that CP would be better than ISS but that merely doing the deed at home will not cut it. Two choices, let the school do it or take Kent to the office and ask to borrow the Principals paddle. So I am going to sign the waiver and take a view on what happens in future should Kent get in trouble again.

One other thing though, while letting the school punishment stand for this I will let Kent know that I shall be less than pleased with him should he be the one instigating the trouble in future, Indeed I'm surprised the school aren't planning on giving an extra lick for this.

1strappedboy


Sherrif
I'll join the K Klub on this one too!  Kent took a big step in owning up and I agree that a paddling is a much more appropriate punishment for this than a day of in school vacation detention.  He can keep his cred with his buddies and can show off his rear to them tomorrow afternoon when I've finished with him.  Twisted Evil 

After all, he knows we enforce the in trouble @ school=in trouble @ home rule.  Shocked

David M. Katz


Marshall
I agree with Kier.

And, yes, I am proud of his courage as well.


_________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=David+M.+Katz

Jack


Admin
This is one of those scenarios that I'm not sure I can really answer, since someone else spanking my kid isn't a huge issue for me, unless I have reason to believe something else is going on (and, in this case, it sounds like there's no question of guilt).

What it would really come down to is why I'm uncomfortable with it. I'll admit that I watch school paddling with my kids like a hawk, because the times I was paddled in school were so unfair. I think I'd be willing to sign an exemption for this time, or maybe give permission for CP, but require that I be contacted first. Really though, given the situation, I think I'd just stress to my son that if he is being treated unfairly, he can refuse the punishment and call me, and that there won't be any extra punishment for doing so.

However, that's my answer, and it would really depend on how uncomfortable I was in this scenario and why.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

John Boy


Sherrif
Jack wrote:This is one of those scenarios that I'm not sure I can really answer, since someone else spanking my kid isn't a huge issue for me, unless I have reason to believe something else is going on (and, in this case, it sounds like there's no question of guilt).

What it would really come down to is why I'm uncomfortable with it.  I'll admit that I watch school paddling with my kids like a hawk, because the times I was paddled in school were so unfair.  I think I'd be willing to sign an exemption for this time, or maybe give permission for CP, but require that I be contacted first.  Really though, given the situation, I think I'd just stress to my son that if he is being treated unfairly, he can refuse the punishment and call me, and that there won't be any extra punishment for doing so.

However, that's my answer, and it would really depend on how uncomfortable I was in this scenario and why.
Well said or should I say "Wells" Said Razz Jack

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Pi Beta


Deputy
I'm with Jack on this. In some ways my son is getting a worse punishment than the others in that he will have all tonight to worry about it whereas they got their punishments done and dusted quickly and can have a worry free (and maybe very enjoyable) night while he's fretting.

Padraig


Trailboss
ditto

Kai


Deputy
I can understand him wanting to be one of the guys.
And since it's pretty well deserved I just sign it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum