Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 am

Jack

Admin
You have a large number of boys in your family. Some of them are close because of similar ages, some of them are close because of shared interest, some are close because they've grown up together, and some aren't really that close (in friendship terms - not saying they don't like each other, just that they don't spend a lot of time together).

Since Pokemon X and Y came out a few months ago, some of your boys have really gotten into it. Some have just played the game, some still find things to do with it, and some are really getting deep into it, and use some of their screen time to explore online possibilities.

One of those is your (older) 11-year old son, Parker.

Parker (at a slightly younger age)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One of the things he's discovered is TyranitarTube's video podcast on youtube. The person who does them sounds like he's early adolescent himself, and Parker has been very inspired.

Maybe too inspired?

You see, two of his big brothers - Barry and Mickey - are into video and blogging, respectively. Because of shared interests in comics (especially) and gaming, Parker has always been close to Daniel and Bryce, and has gotten along pretty well with Barry and Josh. However, Parker and Mickey are one of those pairs who've never been especially close.

Barry has made time to help Parker learn to use an old video camera and has given him some feedback on making videos. Mickey, on the other hand, has been busy, with the upcoming Superbowl, and the start of baseball training, with his blogging, as well as preparing a new speech for upcoming TFA and UIL contests. He promised that he'd find some time to help Parker with a few tips on how to write material for a blog, 'when things calmed down a bit.

Yesterday Mickey...

Mickey (at a slightly younger age), now 18
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

... took first place in oratory at this weekends contest. When he arrived home, he went out with some friends of his. This morning, he was just trying to get some R&R. Parker took that he had time to rest to mean that 'things had calmed down a bit.

You weren't there for all of it, but it sounds like Mickey (more or less politely) rebuffed Parker a couple of times this morning and did make an attempt to explain that he didn't feel like doing it right then. Parker really wasn't willing to take no for an answer. Getting tired of verbally chasing his little brother away, Mickey picked Parker up, threw him over his shoulder, and carried him downstairs, dropping him onto a couch. You saw the end of this, as well as Parker popping up and popping his brother.

Will pop be popping next?

2 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:45 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
hard to say. Depends on the pop and whether I can cool the air or heat something else.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

3 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:05 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
How hard was the pop and how firmly was Parker dropped. I think I would be looking for the whole story and trying to help the boys make piece between each other. I suspect Parker needs a bit more attention so I might take him to the study for a chat though probably not a spanking

4 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:37 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I think that Squarecutter is on point. Assuming that the drop wasn't injurious (and the implication of being dropped onto a sofa would imply it wasn't), and that Parker's pop didn't result in a black eye or bloody nose for Mickey, I don't think I'd get too involved beyond making sure no further blows are exchanged, and listening to both sides.

The immediate situation being solved, I'd look into whether there are community resources for tweens to learn about blogging (or whatever). It appears that Mickey is either too busy or uninterested in teaching his little brother the subject.

5 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:47 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
11 pops 18?? Hmm!.  Shocked   Storms in teacups spring to mind.

The scenario makes no mention of strains in relationships, aggro or or bullying within the family dynamic; therefore as long as things don't escalate too far I'll just keep a watching brief and let natural justice prevail.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

6 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Agreed. If there are no further exchanges I won't intervene as this sounds like typical 'brother stuff'.

7 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:11 pops 18?? Hmm!.  Shocked   Storms in teacups spring to mind.

11 pops an 18 pretty much says it. I've plunked enough boys from my shoulder to a bed or a couch and been popped in response. AS long as that is it, than that will be it.

8 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm afraid that from an 11 y.o. point of view it isn't that easy...

Some moderation might be necessary.

btw: 36:0 ???

9 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I think that Squarecutter is on point.  Assuming that the drop wasn't injurious (and the implication of being dropped onto a sofa would imply it wasn't), and that Parker's pop didn't result in a black eye or bloody nose for Mickey, I don't think I'd get too involved beyond making sure no further blows are exchanged, and listening to both sides.

The immediate situation being solved, I'd look into whether there are community resources for tweens to learn about blogging (or whatever).  It appears that Mickey is either too busy or uninterested in teaching his little brother the subject.

DITTO!  Very Happy 

10 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Jack

Admin
This was based on real life and did occur yesterday morning - the only difference between this and real life is that Parker is currently my only TWELVE year old (I'm assuming slip of the finger, since I'm sure I was both awake and sober when I wrote this).

Parker's smack was kind of a backhanded slap that caught Mickey across the chest and upper arm. I intervened at that point, because Mick (who is normally fairly staid, but does have a bit of a temper) looked like he was going to slap the sniffles out of Parker.

Because I'd actually seen Parker landing a blow (not 100% against the rules, but not encouraged either), I sent him to the corner and got Mickey's version first. It seemed to me that Mick had been pretty reasonable, so I let him sit down while I talked to Parker.

After hearing both sides, then confirming it with the two of them, I pointed out to Parker that he'd best not hit anyone unless he wants to be hit back, and that Mickey, who 'd had a busy weekend, and had more to come with the Superbowl last night, hadn't made any promises about when he'd help. To Mick, I pointed out that he's 18 now, and that hitting a minor would be a very seriously NOT GOOD IDEA.

After Mick left, I talked with Parker for a while. Tyranitar Tube (the youtube channel who started all this) has a really professional product, though he sounds adolescent. He also is either a genius or has a serious case of Pokemon on the brain (I'm not ruling out C) both). The kid has over 90,000 subscribers and over 30 MILLION viewers. I pointed out to Parker that a) there probably aren't a lot of Pokemon topics left uncovered; and, b) TT probably did a lot of practice and work before he got to the point he's at now.

For now, Parker is working with some of his brothers, to make videos I can load on our family page, and he's using those to get familiar with the editing software. When he masters this software, I've promised him we'll buy something more advanced.

So, no spankings this time, though I made sure to remind Parker that not being polite when you ask for a favor is a good way not to get it.

11 Re: BOTD Extra (2 Feb 2014): Pest Control on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:12 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
phew close call on that one. I'm glad my  Cool Cool Parker Protection Plan  Cool Cool Cool worked this time (And I am not fireman cursing it)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum