Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Jack

Admin
Your son, Joey, is nearly thirteen, and the two of you have been clashing over things lately.  It's mostly minor things, but he's not wanting to follow the rules anymore, and when you try to talk to him, he's at least snarky, and sometimes close to rude.  You try to remember how it was dealing with your parents at his age, and you try to talk to him and let him express himself, but you also remind him that he needs to treat you with some respect.  

When some of the rules seem to be a problem for him, you sit down and let him have input into them, explaining why you feel the ones you won't change are important.  In some cases, you give him options.

One of the options is that he can either come home and do his chores, then be home in time for dinner, or he can hang out with his friends, but then he needs to be home by 5:30.  Even though he agreed to that and thought it was a good idea, he hasnt' been going by it.

When Joey was younger, you spanked him - your bare hand on his bare rear, with him over your lap.  As he grew older, you started using an implement more and more.  However, he still fits over your lap.  He hates it though, because he says it's childish (and probably because he still cries when you spank him).  Since he's nearing his teens, you've pretty much quit spanking him, but the last time he came in late, while his chores were undone, then gave you grief about it when you reminded him that he'd agreed to that, you told him he has one last chance - next time it happens, you're spanking him the old fashioned way.

And that next time was today.

Traffic was heavy, and you arrived home a bit after 5:30.  When you went inside, trash wasn't taken out, though Joey had obviously been home for a snack (the mess he left made it obvious).  Looking around, you see that neither of his other chores for the day were done either.

He's still not home after you change clothes, so you call him.  His phone goes straight to voice mail. You're sure where he is, so you walk down there to get him.  You don't want to embarrass him in front of his friends, so when you get there (not even two blocks away), find him and some other boys shooting baskets, so you wait until he sees you, then point at your watch.  He turns away, so you speak up and tell him it's time to come home.  He turns and gives you an ugly glare, but tosses the ball to one of his friends, walks over and picks up his bike, then stops as he passes you.

"I don't know why it's such a big deal."

That was one straw too many, and you just snap and swat him on the butt, telling him to get on the bike and get home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are you keeping your promise, or is that look asking for something more?

Last edited by Jack on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
Hard one. It will be difficult to reestablish the discipline I didn't enforce for too long.

It's a good thing I allowed him some input but if I didn't want to lose control completely it's high time to get things straight.

However, if comming down on him like tons of bricks will help I don't know. But I have promised him a spanking so let's see if we can start there. Hopefully he won't let it get dirty.

I'm afraid we have to work hard to establish a new relationship.

p.s.: 3 BOTD on Feb 2nd?

3 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:26 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
He was promised a spanking, and I can not only NOT find any mitigating factor against it, but he appears to be begging for it.

The scenario says he still cries when he's spanked bare hand to bare bottom, and the emotional overlay to this one would make me suspect that won't change now--in fact, he's likely to already be crying before any real spanking happens. That said, I can see no reason to up the ante to something more severe, nor can I see any reason not to spank him.

Sorry, Joey. If you act like a bratty entitled little boy, that's how you'll be treated.

4 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:09 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
"no big deal" We shall see how big of a deal he finds it when he sees how serious I am about spanking him. I may also threaten to restrict him for a day or two. Suspect or twenty if he keeps arguing with me Razz (Just kidding about the twenty)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 pm

mahoover

Cowboy
Yes he is getting a spanking, but it won't be over my knee. He is growing up, and part of his problem is trying to figure out what that means. So I need to re-establish some limits, but I can't treat him as a small child. I will go over with him why he is being spanked, reminding him that we discussed this and that he had several choices. For his spanking I will bare his behind, and use his normal implement. However, instead of being over my knee, we will either be over a stool/chair or his bed. The number and intensity of the strokes will not change, just his position.

6 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Joey is in for it. I've been to easy going and accommodating and all that has been thrown back at me. I must keep that in mind when I mete out his punishment. Making sure that anger is not driving my actions.

Since OTK is too childish for him (And he is missing the point that he is acting childishly) perhaps a changeover to bending over a chair or lying flat on his bed to receive his belt licks will be more appealing to him... we shall see.

After this session, I hope talking will work. I'm wondering what else may be going on with my boy.

7 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:Joey is in for it. I've been to easy going and accommodating and all that has been thrown back at me. I must keep that in mind when I mete out his punishment. Making sure that anger is not driving my actions.

Since OTK is too childish for him (And he is missing the point that he is acting childishly) perhaps a changeover to bending over a chair or lying flat on his bed to receive his belt licks will be more appealing to him... we shall see.

After this session, I hope talking will work. I'm wondering what else may be going on with my boy.

I agree with this reasonable response.  DITTO.

What is going on can be summed up in 3 words: Pu Ber Ty

8 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:

What is going on can be summed up in 3 words:  Pu Ber Ty

Don't you love that look in the picture?!?!

Now a show of hands please... How many of you Moms and Dads out there have experienced this look at least once per child?  Razz 

9 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:45 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Mahoover

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
When we get home I will remind Joey in no uncertain terms that THE BIG DEAL is that if he wishes to be treated in a more grown up way and have input into the way he expected to behave then he must abide by the agreements we make.  If he doesn't he will have proved he is still a child and will be punished accordingly.

Then its pants down and over my knees, and it will be more than a token spanking to reinforce this.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

11 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:10 am

Jack

Admin
Reading back, I can see that I didn't make this clear - you have been punishing Joey with an implement, in a 'not over the knee' position for a while. In this case, you promised him an 'old-fashioned' (i.e. - over the knees) spanking when you pointed out that he's been behaving childishly.

And no, I haven't had to deal with this at least once per child - some of my boys are still a bit young for it (however, if you want to AVERAGE - a couple of their older brothers have me up in the vicinity of once for every child I've ever met).

12 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I go with Mahoover. It may be good and bad news for Joey. He is getting spanked because he is showing me that is still needed. But it will now be over a piece of furniture  so likely to have a bit more sting as befits a "big boy."

13 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Jack

Admin
Since I pretty well promised an actual, over the knee spanking, that's what I'm getting. I will, however, be sure to explain that he's getting spanked because he's been being so irresponsible. If he gives me any more trouble, he's still going over my lap, but we might be using a brush instead of my hand.

14 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:49 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Oh no, this little fellow is TOAST!  I have given more than enough rope and he has hung himself with it righteously!

At his age, OTK probably is embarrassing/childish to him. Therefore he is quite welcome to ben dover my desk!

The strop and his rear will be making beautiful music together!

15 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I note that Joey is actively playing basketball, NOT sitting around playing video games or worse, so I will offer that if he gets his chores done before going to bed he will escape his spanking.

Iconoclast

16 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 am

Kai

Deputy
I am with Dimitri this time Exclamation 

17 Re: BOTD 3 Feb 2014 - Upping the Ante on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Kier.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]