a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-12-14 Keep The Change - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Keep the Change?
An Ivor Production

You are on holiday at the beach with your 10 year old son Tommy. Where you are there are a few shops immediately behind the beach that sell the various things that holidaymakers might want.

Tommy wants an ice cream. You agree he can have one and have no worries about sending him off to get one on his own. You only have a largish denomination note in your pants pocket which you give him telling him to go and get his ice cream and come straight back.

When after about a quarter of an hour he hasn't returned you go and look for him. You eventually find him:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He has been seduced by the amusement arcade with the change he got from the ice cream.

Tommy does get spanked when you deem it necessary. Is he in for one now? And if so will it be delivered now or when you get back to your motel?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'm gonna let him off as it's vacation time... I think I will join in Smile

AFinch

Sherrif
It's vacation time. But I was worried when he didn't come back. And he was told to get his ice cream and come STRAIGHT back, so his detour was deliberate, potentially dangerous disobedience and, it could be argued, theft as well. That would normally earn him a spanking, and not a mild one either.

Because it's vacation time, only his ears are going to burn, but I'm not letting him off scot free. He'll be well aware this is a one-time pass, and if it happens again, he'll be in for a painful, embarrassing time.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ummm....I dunno. He's only 10 so I would be pretty frantic if he was back fairly straight away, so seeing him at the video game would be a HUGE relief.

The scenario suggests I haven't blessed him with an electronic leash (cell phone) yet so that's on me.

I know I'll chew him out fairly well for not coming straight back and causing me yet more gray hairs. I think where I'm going to have to a bit further is the theft issue. Yes, I would have given the money HAD HE ASKED but he felt that he could just use the money and that requires a firm response to send a message to the contrary.

I don't want to spoil our time either, but a low grade "get your attention" type spanking would be the order of the day for our house.

John Boy

Sherrif
either way he is done at the arcade, we will go back and discuss the laundry list of problems. I will point out how it could be looked at as theft if he did use the change. I will then give him a choice, stingeroos and no more arcade, plus he will be on a tighter leash. Or we clear the slate the hard way.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
Tommy gets a pass on a spanking this time, but he will be fully aware that he is on the ragged edge and could easily fall into a spanking if he's not mindful of his behavior. He will be leaving the arcade with me and IS in for a serious lecture/discussion about all that he has done wrong in this short 15 minute window.

Razz Tommy will be making a trip over my lap for wearing someone's boxers as I would never buy a ten year old boy anything but briefs.  Razz

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm hugging him in relief that I've found him (always good for embarrassing an 10 year old that!) chewing him out for not coming back straight away as told and perhaps giving his backside a few of whacks when I've whisked him away. Not sure if he's in shorts but I would be aiming those at the hems and the backs of the legs. I will then ask him for the rest of the change. What hes fed into the machine I will take out of his holiday allowance. At his age he knows he cant claim his ice cream cost that much. We will then have a chat.

I will tell him he is not old enough to stay away that long and that he had me and his Mum very worried. I will also say that amusement arcades, however tempting  are not places I want him to hang around without us, not because of the slot machines but because there are often highly dubious characters, predators or thieves even, looking out for kids like him and if one meant harm he is not big enough to look after himself  in that situation. I will also mention, that were we not on holiday I could even interpret his feeding my change into the slot machines as theft and then he would be in BIG trouble

He may have to put up with repeat performance  of some of that  from his Mum  Embarassed

db105

Trailboss
I understand how a child might get carried away, seeing that tempting arcade. On the other hand, he's too young to wander off without saying where he is going to be, he did disobey my instructions to come back "straight away", even if it was forgetfulness more than willful disobedience, and he used the money without asking.

In this situation, a lot is going to depend on his "criminal record". If he's been in trouble for similar things before he'll get a spanking. If he hasn't, he'll get away with a good scolding this time.

If he does get a spanking, the details are going to depend on practical issues (how far is our motel? are there other convenient locations nearby?...)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with the others: No spanking but a firm warning.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
He's in deep trouble because he will know from past experience that slot machines are strictly out of bounds since his brother, on a trip with school, had to confess - first to his teacher, then over the telephone to me - that he'd lost his entire spending money for the trip on a slot machine on the cross-channel ferry and thus had no money left for the next week away. Since that episode, all my children have known that slot machines are absolutely off limits.

He'd therefore deliberately disobeyed me, probably (it's not absolutely clear from the text) used MY money playing them and failed to return immediately. Holiday or not, he's going to be a very sorry boy by the time I've finished with him.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Its a safety/honesty/disobedience issue.  I'm not letting our holiday be spoiled by one selfish inconsiderate 10yo.

We are going straight back to the motel where he'll be wishing he'd preserved the ice cream to spread on his bottom.

Then hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Padraig

Trailboss
We trust or boys to walk several kilometres to school and back alone but worry if he spent 15 minutes away getting an ice cream?

O.k., technically he disobeyed. But it's also vacation time. He'll get a talk, but only talk. This time.

AFinch

Sherrif
Padraig wrote:We trust or boys to walk several kilometres to school and back alone but worry if he spent 15 minutes away getting an ice cream?

When I was in college, I lived in a dorm. My parents had no idea where I went or when I went there, or what time I went to sleep or woke up. When I was in high school, I spent two summers in Europe, alone. Again, my parents had no idea of my comings or goings.

When I came home over winter break (Christmas vacation in those days), I went out with my gf. I didn't get home until 2AM. My mother was waiting up, and she was NOT happy.

"But you have no idea where I am while I'm at school. Or when I was in Europe." "It's not a matter of trust--it's a matter of courtesy. If you're going to sleep here, I need to know where you are and when you're coming home so I don't worry. Next time, just call and let me know"

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Yon lad will have to sweep a mickle o' chimneys t' pay back t' brass he owes me at tuppence a flue.  Mad 

After I've gi'en  yon nowty little backside a right good skelping and all...

hxxp://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/twiki/pub/EngLegalHist/ArmorieDelamirie/climbing_boys_strange_ch_2.pdf

(Replace "x" with "t" in the url)

db105

Trailboss
StevieWeeks wrote:
hxxp://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/twiki/pub/EngLegalHist/ArmorieDelamirie/climbing_boys_strange_ch_2.pdf

How horrible!  Crying or Very sad 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Jack

Admin
I'm torn on this one, so I probably wouldn't spank -- certainly not until we get back to the hotel. However, we are going back to the hotel on this one. Tommy is going to have a chance to explain to me how he wasn't disobeying me by not coming straight back, and how this wasn't theft. My feeling is that I'm not going to trust him with money again for a while, and that he's going to be staying pretty close to dad for a bit, but I might decided to spank him, just depending on how he reacts.

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
...He has been seduced by the amusement arcade...
I was seduced once.  1978, I think it was. Sad

Anyway, I'm going to whack him!

Padraig

Trailboss
huh?

you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n6_gESTFVk

??

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Good Lord, Pad; that was PRICELESS!!

Certainly did capture a certain mentality of the era, didn't it?  Razz