Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site


You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Jack


Admin
LLALVA wrote:
Jack wrote:The other thing is that Noah was outside my office, pacing like an expectant father. He was pissed at me, which led to Noah and Blake almost getting in a fight over whether I'd whupped him too hard.

So nice of Noah I love you to worry about Blake, but why did they almost got in a fight?

Because Noah was mad at me for 'whupping Blake too hard,' and Blake was defending me. Noah's many things, but good at backing down isn't one of them. However, before things got too heated, they kind of realized how stupid they probably sounded (and how silly an argument it was), and they ended up having giggling fits.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

27 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 pm

John Boy


Sherrif
Jack wrote:
LLALVA wrote:
Jack wrote:The other thing is that Noah was outside my office, pacing like an expectant father. He was pissed at me, which led to Noah and Blake almost getting in a fight over whether I'd whupped him too hard.

So nice of Noah I love you to worry about Blake, but why did they almost got in a fight?

Because Noah was mad at me for 'whupping Blake too hard,' and Blake was defending me.  Noah's many things, but good at backing down isn't one of them.  However, before things got too heated, they kind of realized how stupid they probably sounded (and how silly an argument it was), and they ended up having giggling fits.
Well at least it didn't have to end with another demonstration for you Razz Razz Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

28 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Stone Man


Marshall
Jack wrote: Noah and Blake - However, before things got too heated, they kind of realized how stupid they probably sounded (and how silly an argument it was), and they ended up having giggling fits.

That creates a really nice picture.

As far as the 15 swats. the numbers make perfect sense when all the background info is made available. How much difference the small paddle makes compared to the middle sized lexan I have no idea. But have found that a hand spanking before swats has a numbing effect after awhile and that swats tend to have a bit less sting than if you started with the paddle.

29 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 am

Jack


Admin
squarecutter wrote:All sounds fair though I'm not sure how a parent verifies a reading assignment is done without ploughing through the material themselves and then testing on it.

These packets that are being handed out usually cover one topic. The boys are in world history, but that class could really be called 'European History as it Relates to the Caucasian Settlement of North America'. It's better than when I was in school, but that's really still it's focus. The packets (I've looked at several of them now) are covering things that happen during the time period they're studying, but elsewhere - Japanese, Chinese, and Central/South America have all come up several times.

That makes it fairly easy to review the boys on, since I can just glance at the packet, while they tell me what they got from it, and ask a few questions. I'm also going to study both of these tests to get an idea of what kind of questions this teacher asks.

squarecutter wrote:As to that teacher I hear him on spoon feeding but I think if you plan on a live test you need to be clear the reading needs to be done

After reading the e-mail this teacher sent, and checking with Johnny, it seems like he told them a few weeks ago that 'everything he assigned' would be covered on the tests, and that the extra reading he was giving them was an assignment.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

30 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 pm

mahoover


Cowboy
This style of teaching is good practice for when they get to collage. There are a number of classes where the only time the assigned reading comes up is on the test. And the boys have to learn that the reading is part of the work they have to do.

31 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 am

Jack


Admin
mahoover wrote:This style of teaching is good practice for when they get to collage.  There are a number of classes where the only time the assigned reading comes up is on the test.  And the boys have to learn that the reading is part of the work they have to do.

That was actually my thought as well. I remember how hard some of my first college classes were, because I was so used to the high school teachers who would tell us exactly what was going to be covered on the tests.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

32 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Sun May 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Jack


Admin
I was reading through past BOTDs (trying to find if I'd ever done a particular scenario for which I'd had an idea), and I came across this.

Stone Man wrote:How much difference the small paddle makes compared to the middle sized lexan I have no idea.

Stoney, both paddles are Lexan, but the small one is closer to a novelty paddle. The medium one is closer to a middle school paddle. I also have another one now, which is between the two, and is shaped more like a paddle ball or Jokari paddle.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

33 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Stone Man


Marshall
Jack wrote:I was reading through past BOTDs (trying to find if I'd ever done a particular scenario for which I'd had an idea), and I came across this.  

Stone Man wrote:How much difference the small paddle makes compared to the middle sized lexan I have no idea.

Stoney, both paddles are Lexan, but the small one is closer to a novelty paddle.  The medium one is closer to a middle school paddle.  I also have another one now, which is between the two, and is shaped more like a paddle ball or Jokari paddle.

So it has more to do with the area covered than the thickness/heft of the paddle? Or is it leverage do to length?

34 Re: BOTD 17 Feb 2014: Begging for It on Mon May 05, 2014 4:16 am

Jack


Admin
Well, the smaller surface area also implies a lighter mass - both are 3/8ths thick.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum