a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2/18/14 "The School Project" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THE SCHOOL PROJECT
A DMK Production

Carson is your thirteen year old son.  Carson is still subject to spanking but since his 13th birthday you have also experimented with grounding as a punishment for Carson and it has proven to be as effective as spanking. Carson is currently in to day four of a week's long grounding and has handled it well. It is Saturday morning and Carson comes to you with a concern.

Carson says he and his best friend Donovan are partners on a school project that is due next week.  You are aware of the project and do know the boys have been working on it together.  Carson shows you his progress and says he needs to go see Donovan so they can finalize the assignment.  Your spouse is not well and so it is not practical for Donovan to come to your house. Carson says he knows he is grounded but he really needs to do it.  You review the project with Carson and call Donovan's parents.  All seems to be in order and, since it is for school, you allow Carson to take his bike and go to Donovan's house.  You tell him he is to go only to Donovan's house and that they are to spend the time on the project.  You tell Carson that you will review what they accomplished when he returns home. Carson thanks you and grabs his books and materials and heads out.

About an hour later you make a run to the pharmacy to get some things for your spouse.  You notice the following in the shopping center parking lot:

CARSON (Your Son - Brown Hat) & DONOVAN (The Friend - Red Hat)  BOTH 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Carson and Donovan have not seen you.

How do you handle this issue?

AFinch

Sherrif
Assuming the school project doesn't have anything to do with counting tires in a parking lot, or some other plausible reason for them to be where they are, I'm going to confront both boys. Both of them know that Carson is grounded, and got special dispensation to go work on a school project. I'll listen, but I doubt I'll be convinced.

If I am not convinced, I'm going to send Carson home without further embarrassing him by telling him what his fate will be (though I'm sure that if the boys are long time friends, Donovan already knows).

Once home, I'm going to read Carson the riot act, let him know he's violated my trust, and will have to work hard to earn it back. This is deceitful, deliberate, and very disrespectful disobedience. He will then be given a memorable spanking before being informed he will STILL have to serve out the rest of his grounding--confined to his room except for meals, bathroom, and school.

John Boy

Sherrif
quite simple I shall drive right by them and wait for the OH @$#@ look. I will then wait till he gets home to find out and deal with him. I shall expand the grounding and I think he just earned a spanking as well.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Jack

Admin
Obviously grounding isn't working. I'll give Carson the spanking I should have given in the first place - with some pepper for this stunt.

Later, after Carson's rear has recovered, and he's gone back to see Donavon, he and I will have a talk. I think grounding can wait a year or two.

(honestly, this is my answer, an 'in scenario' answer would depend on why I started grounding him in the first place).

db105

Trailboss
Kier has my vote. I'll only add that (assuming the boys have no good excuse) I'll also be calling Donovan's parents. Probably Donovan was involved in the deception, but that's for them to decide. To tell you the truth, I'm probably a bit upset with his parents, since I had talked with them and they were aware of my son's grounding.

Like Jack says, grounding probably can wait a year or two more. Spanking is safer and doesn't require me becoming a jail guard.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Stone Man

Marshall
Carson will get a deluxe spanking when we get home. Then we can talk about what went on and why he did what he did.

ivor

Marshall
Kier has my vote too, but isn't this always a potential problem with grounding?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
So far Carson has handled his grounding well and I'm not such a grouch that I'm not prepared to allow a bit of remission for good behaviour, even though it was gained covertly.  So I'm going to drive by.  

We reviewed his project together before he went.  Subject to my "after" review, combined with the length of his absence and the answer to my (likely) follow up question as to why it was necessary to visit the shopping centre my strap will be biting his bared butt somewhere between zero and thirteen times on his return.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
' so boys, hows the project going,' That should grab their attention. I will be suggesting Donavan go home and I will be calling his parents. I told them Carson was

grounded so I assume Donavon knew but thats down to them.

Carson will know how disappointed I am. Trust is easily lost and not so easily regained. He's getting the strap and another weeks grounding on top plus a lot of

lecturing. I know we will have to organise for the boys to finish the project later though I am tempted to let the boys fail if that teaches them a lesson.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in agreement with Kier, though I don't think I really need to take grounding off the table as a punishment.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Kier wrote:confined to his room except for meals, bathroom, and school

Oh, my, that's far too lenient...

Give him his bread and water on a tray, a plastic bucket, and a roll of toilet paper.

Let him out once a day to empty the bucket.

That'll teach the little scamp a lesson...  Twisted Evil 

Stevie.

Pi Beta

Deputy
No time like the present to confront them! I will ask whether Donovan's parents know they've come out or whether, perhaps, they have themselves gone out. If the boys have gone out with their permission, I'm going to be decidedly upset with them but will not punish Carson who could justifiably claim that he'd had some sort of adult permission - unless the two lads had invented a completely spurious reason connected to their project to go out in which case see below.

If Donovan and Carson set this up knowing that Donovan's parents were going out and that would leave them free to break Carson's curfew, Carson is in for the roasting of his life and, I hope, Donovan's parents will back me up by dealing similarly with him for this deception.

Padraig

Trailboss
StevieWeeks wrote:
Kier wrote:confined to his room except for meals, bathroom, and school

Oh, my, that's far too lenient...

Give him his bread and water on a tray, a plastic bucket, and a roll of toilet paper.

Let him out once a day to empty the bucket.

That'll teach the little scamp a lesson...  Twisted Evil 

Stevie.

Far too lenient. Remove his electronics. Or would that qualify as torture?  affraid Laughing 

db105

Trailboss
Padraig wrote:Remove his electronics. Or would that qualify as torture?    affraid Laughing 

It seems cruel and unusual to me...  Razz 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum