Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Jack

Admin
You have a 6pm curfew for your boys (dinner is normally at 6:30). A few minutes late is no big deal, as long as it's a rare occurrence. Repeated tardiness or more than a few minutes usually get some type of restriction. Coming home past 6:30 (without a darned good reason) is a spanking offense.

This evening, at 6:15, you receive a call from your 12-year old. He was at Target, looking at toys and playing demo video games. He lost track of time, but he's on the way home now.

At 6:40, a blur passes you, headed towards the bike rack.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does the call count, or is late late?

2 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
If 25 minutes is the time that the ride home would take following the telephone call, he'll get a pass. If, however, the journey should take no longer than 15 to 18 minutes, he's getting a spanking - not severe, but enough to get through to him.

3 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
The call counts but I would be more lenient then Pi Beta above because it would take several minutes to get from the store to where his bike is, get it unlocked and SAFELY ride out of the parking lot and home!

Iconoclast

4 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:42 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Assuming this is an isolated occurrence. He has slipped up, has realised it and done the responsible thing by calling me.

He gets a pass.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

5 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

mahoover

Cowboy
Yes the call counts, but it isn't a get out of jail (spanking) free card. Assuming that he didn't dawdle coming home we will go to my office and talk. I will make it clear that calling was a good idea, but admitting to a mistake doesn't remove all of the consequences of being late. He will get a spanking, but not a severe one. I will make sure that he understands if he hadn't called, he would be in more trouble.

6 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I am with Ma on this one. The call is mitigation but I think a low velocity (few stingoors) reminder will make a greater impact unless this is becoming a habit.

7 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
In a single kid household a pass might work but with more kids, no, sorry buddy. Calling was the right thing to do and I will certainly take that into account.

8 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:59 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
my biggest question is, Is losing track of time looking around and playing games at Target a valid excuse, even with a phone call? Second is the bike ride home safely in the time he did get home or was their obvious delaying there? If those are the cases vs the curfew I say there is a case building against him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

9 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:23 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm mostly with Pi on this. Calling was the right thing to do, and if the time to get home following the call was reasonable, and it's an isolated incident, he gets a pass. If not, he gets a spanking. Either way he gets told that "losing track of time" isn't a valid excuse, and won't be an acceptable one in the future.

10 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
It was a lapse and I think we've probably all been there. He called when he realised and headed home straight away. Unless he's been making a habit of this I think I could let this go with a quiet word and may be a loud stingoer

11 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
squarecutter wrote:It was a lapse and I think we've probably all been there. He called when he realised and headed home straight away. Unless he's been making a habit of this  I think I could let this go with a quiet word and may be a loud stingoer

Probably more than one stingoor, but anyone can have a "Junior moment" and loose track of time once and awhile. I will be clear with him that he'd be in BIG trouble if he hadn't called in a timely manner. Let's hope this is a one-off for him.

Twisted Evil As many of you know I have a love of red heads ((my 11 year old grandson clinched it for me years ago)) so my "real" answer is: He's a redhead and late, of course he's getting a spanking!  Twisted Evil 

12 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 am

ivor

Marshall
I'll ditto Kier. To me it all hangs on whether this is an isolated incident.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

13 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with MemoryMan.

Kat

14 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 am

Jack

Admin
This actually did happen (or close to it). It wasn't a red-head (sorry, Stoney - I just happened to like that picture). It was Parker and Brad Tower.

I went close to what most of you did. I honestly don't think that calling when you're already 20 minutes late, then expecting to not get in trouble is a good idea. If they'd called a few minutes before 6pm, and told me they couldn't make it home on time for the exact same reason, I would have been more understanding.

On the other hand, I do want my boys to get into the habit of calling me and updating me. Instead of the spanking that I think they'd earned by being more than 30 minutes late without a good reason, they each did their age in the corner (Jim was already here, so Brad got to go home and do his there). They're also restricted from their bikes for the weekend. I would probably have restricted them to the house for one day normally, but they had the birthday party Friday night, and I wasn't going to take that away from them for something like this - so, bikes.

I did thank them for calling, I clarified that it's not a get out of jail free card, and that if the same thing happens again, they will get spanked. While Brad is pretty nervous about the idea of a group spanking like that (even just two boys), they agreed Jim and I were being fair, and no one was too unhappy (except maybe some of the Spankorama readers).

15 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:19 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote: While Brad is pretty nervous about the idea of a group spanking like that (even just two boys), they agreed Jim and I were being fair, and no one was too unhappy (except maybe some of the Spankorama readers).
Well there is one who is happy it didn't happen.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

16 Re: BOTD 21 Feb 2014 - A Matter of Time on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:06 pm

LLALVA

Trailboss
Aw, Parker and Brad... serving corner time in different houses.

(Hugs JB)

Leti

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum