a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-28-14 The Good Son A Skater Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
The Good Son
A Skater Production

Your son Corey just turned 12. You have used spanking as a punishment since that first spanking at the water park when he was 5. You haven't had to spank him much over the years as he's usually harder on himself than you are on him. He studies hard and does all his chores. He's polite and respectful. He's an all around good kid

Corey 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well today he calls you aside because he has a guilty conscience about something. He tells you that he's not proud of himself because some of his friends we're teasing one of the nerdy kids before school to the point that the poor kids was crying.

While your son didn't take part he told you he should have stuck up for the boy, that he should have tried to stop his friends. He said he was basically just watching and maybe he evened laughed.

You think Corey expects you to give him a good bare bottom spanking like you do when he really messes up. Are you going to spank him?

John Boy

Sherrif
I agree he should have stepped up but this is the age where peer pressure is huge. I am not going to spank him though, because I don't see that he actually did wrong.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with JB. Spankings aren't a "get out of jail free" card for matters of conscience. Cory will have to find some other way to make it up to the "nerdy kid".

Stone Man

Marshall
A spanking won't do much good at easing Corey's guilt. If he really wants to feel better about himself he needs to make overtures to the bullied boy, something very difficult to do on one's own. I'll help him in this endeavor if he wishes and would suggest he see if he can convince any of his friends to join him.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Not sure he actually did anything. At least he didn't join the herd and join inwhich is what many kids do when "friends" are up to no good. I hope in future weeks he might either influence thes kids. behaviur in a different direction or distance himself from them somewhat, but for the religious among us (if there are any!) what made the Good Samaritan a good story was that it was NOT an easy thing to do and for now it it is enough That Corey, although he couldn't pull that off, hated what he saw and took no part. No spanking.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll tell Corey that he's absolutely right to feel ashamed of himself; that just looking on and being amused made him as much of a bully as the others and that in a way he deserves a good spanking for it.

Then I'd ask him how, apart from perhaps deterring him from participating again, he thinks that would help the bullied nerdy kid?

I'd suggest that if he really felt bad about it he should try to befriend the nerd, that even if they didn't have enough in common to become proper friends the fact that one of the mainstream kids was prepared to hang about a bit with him and support him could end the bullying and give him the boost that in time one friend could become two or even more.

Last edited by MemoryMan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar AND spelling... oops)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
I also don't think a spanking is going to do any good.

It isn't clear what age the nerdy kid is, but assuming he is similar perhaps I can suggest to Corey that we should invite him to join us in some activity? We were planning to go to the Putt Putt this weekend........

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I'm not going to do anything but ask Corey why he didn't do it. I might even suggest he reach out to this kid and try to support him.

Twisted Evil Evil Spanko Me - We're calling the nerdy kid over, he can watch while I strip Corey down, they'll I teach Little Nerd how to give a good spanking, so he can teach Corey a lesson!  Twisted Evil 

David M. Katz

Marshall
ivor wrote:I also don't think a spanking is going to do any good.

It isn't clear what age the nerdy kid is, but assuming he is similar perhaps I can suggest to Corey that we should invite him to join us in some activity? We were planning to go to the Putt Putt this weekend........

I like this answer.  Very Happy 

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Corey did do something wrong in my opinion. Sins of omission can be just as bad as sins of commission. Nevertheless, I agree that this is not a time for a spanking. A spanking might help with a bad conscience if there are no other means of making amends. In this situation, however, reaching out to the victim of the bullying will be far more useful for both boys.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Kat wrote:Corey did do something wrong in my opinion. Sins of omission can be just as bad as sins of commission. Nevertheless, I agree that this is not a time for a spanking. A spanking might help with a bad conscience if there are no other means of making amends. In this situation, however, reaching out to the victim of the bullying will be far more useful for both boys.

Kat

As usual spot on, Kat. While I could spank him for this, I believe the "harder" thing to do at this age is to reach out to the unpopular kid and befriend him. Perhaps that game of putt-putt mentioned earlier will be a good start!

Danny

Deputy
Wow. This one is hard!!!

No spanking.

I think I am rather pleased that he considers this to be something he's done wrong. I will find out what he thinks he could do differently next time he's in this situation and see where that leads us. You can't really make a kid brave, especially with all that crazy peer pressure, but there are a lot of options that could improve things. I am betting Corey will do something to make this kid's life better. I'm kind of proud of him!

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm sorry I didn't answer before but I'm still wondering how I deserved such a boy... Embarassed 

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will instruct my son that next time one of his "friends" does this he is to immediately demand that he stop making fun of the kid. I will further instruct my son that if the "friend" or whoever might be doing it does not stop he is to immediately SLUG him even if teachers are watching! If the school has a problem with my sons action I will nevertheless reward him significantly!

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum