a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/11/14 "Buyer's Guilt" A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Buyers guilt?
A Leti Production

You go to a Pet fair with your spouse and seven year old son, Kevin. You planned on getting a kitten for the family. You and your spouse get distracted, and then realize that Kevin is missing. You go back some stands and find him with a GP and a smile, and he tells you, "Look what I just bought!"

Kevin- 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He has his own money.
Your spouse is terrified of mice.

What do you do?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think we'll still get a kitten. If the GP and the kitten are raised together, they shouldn't have any problem. I'll explain to my wife that a GP is not a mouse.

Kat

John Boy

Sherrif
well I have to convince my significant other, but I should also warm up my son for wondering off.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
"You and your spouse get distracted, and then realize that Kevin is missing"

I think we should have been watching him. Unless he's been specifically told, just now, to "stay together", I can't imagine a 7 year old NOT wanting to look at all the cute (and not so cute) animals. Like Kat, I'm going to explain to my SO that a guinea pig is not a mouse. Whether to get a kitten in addition remains an open question for now.

kalico

Sherrif
I agree with the above but will be talking to my son about wandering and not staying with us cause im pretty sure I would have said before we even got out of the car. other than that its all good!

hugs kal

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I agree with Kier above but my wife is going to have to get over her irrational fear of mice before Kevin gets one of those also!!

Iconoclast

squarecutter

Sherrif
we will probably still buy a kitten. If nothing else the guinea pig probably won't live till the cat is big enough to devour him! I will remind Kevin that we will have to pay for a cage, guinea pig toys and for his food. We will then have a discussion about wandering away and a few stingers when we get home. Kevin is old enough to know better and as was mentioned was probably warned about this beforehand.  Its a known ruse of predators to use furry little animals to lure small children away. Is a guinea pig really much like a mouse?

1strappedboy

Sherrif
In R/L, I can just hear how this would have gone down!! No   (BTW, she allowed a kitten?!?)  Let's just know Kev is gonna be REALLY disappointed here! Sad 

If I can get past the SO's dislike of all things furry I think I'll let Kev keep the little pig  perhaps in the garage or other outbuilding.

I'm in agreement with Doc re the "We got distracted and realized he was missing" component.  As his parents WE should be aware of his location especially in a place like this that has so many, err distractions so he escapes anything more than a reminder to stay with us "or else"!  Now, about the kitten......let the two grow up together and it should be ok.

Really, she's going to allow PETS?!? Razz

David M. Katz

Marshall
Unless Kevin was told, when we arrived, to specifically stay with us then I see no issue except he gets to buy a cage, food and toys for the  pig . If he is out of money then I will advance him on his allowance.

Surely my SO realizes this creature is not a mouse. Of course my SO may be one of those that considers all things small, furry and with 4 legs to be a "mouse." Looks like it may be time for rodent education and identification. A little research will prove these creatures are sweet and loving (and also a staple of the Peruvian diet  Twisted Evil  )

As far as the  cat  - we can get one of those too.

* BTW, I have four cats and 2 (now) guinea pigs in my house and no one has eaten anyone.

David M. Katz

Marshall
But, just in case things don't work out, then there is this option:

CUY CHAQTADO_

Fried Guinea Pig (Ayacucho-style)

1 guinea pig, de-haired, gutted, and cleaned

1/2 c. flour

1/4 - 1/2 t. ground cumin

salt and black pepper to taste

1/2 c. oil

Pat dry the skin of the guinea pig and rub in the cumin, salt, and pepper. Preheat oil. Dust the carcass with the flour and place it on its back in the oil, turning to cook both sides. Alternately, the guinea pig can be cut and fried in quarters.

Serve with boiled potato or boiled manioc root, and a salad of cut tomatoes and slivered onions bathed in lime juice and a bit of salt. Have cold beer on hand.

Embarassed Embarassed affraid affraid tongue tongue Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

David M. Katz

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:

Really, she's going to allow PETS?!? Razz

Well, she kept you.  Razz Razz Embarassed 

1strappedboy

Sherrif
True enough, she did Dave!  (Don't let HER ever hear this) I consider HER (actually them) more to be MY pet(s) but.......

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:True enough, she did Dave!  (Don't let HER ever hear this) I consider HER (actually them)  more to be MY pet(s) but.......

Save above and forward to.... Razz 

ivor

Marshall
Personaly I think the stallholder needs spanking for selling a GP to an unaccompanied 7 year old kid.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Good thing he didn't buy a mouse, then.

Kevin will be getting a serious lecture about what he can and cannot do and why. However, I don't see any reason we can't afford the cage and stuff. However, since Kevin made this decision himself, I'm going to be pretty strict about making him meet the responsibilities that go with it, and I'm willing to bet he'll earn quite a few smacks and an occasional spanking.

But I had hamsters by 9, so I'm sure things will work out.

And we can still get a cat.

Jack

Admin
David M. Katz wrote:But, just in case things don't work out, then there is this option:

CUY CHAQTADO_

Fried Guinea Pig (Ayacucho-style)

1 guinea pig, de-haired, gutted, and cleaned

1/2 c. flour

1/4 - 1/2 t. ground cumin

salt and black pepper to taste

1/2 c. oil

Pat dry the skin of the guinea pig and rub in the cumin, salt, and pepper. Preheat oil. Dust the carcass with the flour and place it on its back in the oil, turning to cook both sides. Alternately, the guinea pig can be cut and fried in quarters.

Serve with boiled potato or boiled manioc root, and a salad of cut tomatoes and slivered onions bathed in lime juice and a bit of salt. Have cold beer on hand.

Embarassed Embarassed affraid affraid tongue tongue Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

I thought this was one of Stevie's posts for a minute  Suspect 

And I agree with Ivor, too - Hope the GP seller is young and cute.  Twisted Evil 

Pi Beta

Deputy
UK Pet Animals Act 1951
"Pets not to be sold to children under twelve years of age.

"If any person sells an animal as a pet to a person whom he has reasonable cause to believe to be under the age of twelve years, the seller shall be guilty of an offence.

"Any person guilty of an offence under any provision of this Act other than the last foregoing section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or to both such fine and such imprisonment."

I think I may have a good bargaining tool to get some much reduced pet accessories from the person who sold my 7 year old the guinea pig!!!

But, yes, he can keep the guinea pig.

Last edited by Pi Beta on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing inverted comma at start of second quoted paragraph.)

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jack wrote:
I thought this was one of Stevie's posts for a minute  Suspect 

Dave wonders why you would think that and all.  Cool Dave doubts Stevie eats cuys and all because of the risk of contamination and the related severe intestinal distress and all.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
If you like gastrointestinal distress you should try raw oysters and all... (warning - it is about typhoid and other gastrointestinal disturbances and all)

hxxp://archive.org/stream/sewagepollutedoy00stilrich#page/n5/mode/2up  (cut and paste link replacing "x"x with "t"s)

Stevie...  Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum