a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/19/14 "Why Didn't You Wait?" A John Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT?
A John Boy Production

You have two sons.  Wade is eleven, almost twelve, and Jonas is six.  Jonas' best friend is Kurt who is also six.  It just so happens that Kurt's big brother, eleven year old Damian, is Wade's best friend.

You and your spouse are watching Kurt while his parents take Damian for a doctor's check-up.  While Kurt is at your house Wade disobeys you and earns a spanking.  You give Wade his spanking despite him asking you to wait until Kurt is not there.  The spanking is quite a noisy affair and Jonas and Kurt hear it all.

JONAS  & KURT - BOTH 6
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is typical for Wade to be a little sulky after a spanking but he usually recovers within less than a half hour.  It is now almost two hours since you spanked Wade and he is still sitting in a chair and sulking and not speaking to anyone.

WADE - 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You finally get Wade to talk to you.  He is angry because he asked you to wait and you didn't.  He says he is concerned that Kurt will tell Damian about his spanking.  Wade admits he deserved the spanking but doesn't understand why you couldn't wait until there were no guests to give him his spanking.

What do you do about Wade's sulkiness?

AFinch

Sherrif
I'd have waited.

Since the scenario says I didn't, I guess I'm a jerk, and I'm going to, in that case, tell Wade that the embarrassment is part of the punishment, and if he doesn't want other people to know he gets spanked, then he should just behave himself.

Similarly, if I'm the person in the scenario, I'm going to tell him to get over it unless he wants another dose.

Personally, I think that even a kid who is getting punished deserves to be treated with respect. I don't blame him for sulking.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I can't add anything to Kier's answer.

Kat

John Boy

Sherrif
Kat wrote:I can't add anything to Kier's answer.

Kat
K KLUB

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
I can't add to Kier or Kat too much myself.

I will say the only reason to not wait on Wade's spanking if he does not do well with  waiting or if he is the type of kid who needs immediate reinforcement.  Even then surely I could have found a more private venue (garage, woods, tool shed, back seat of the van, etc.)

Or, on edit, could the spouse not have taken the 2 littles out for ice cream or something if the spanking just had to be immediate?

Otherwise, K club intact.

Last edited by David M. Katz on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Since I've been such an insensitive jerk the answer is nothing.  I'll just stay in character and ignore both him and his sulk.  He'll get over it.

The apple never falls far from the tree.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Stone Man

Marshall
Evidently I'm a jerk and nothing (while still living) is going to change that. So I'll threaten Wade with another "public" spanking if he doesn't snap put of it.

When a kiddo as old as Wade asks for a wait and even tells you why, he is old enough to be given that wait time. Exception(s) would be if he has done this before and then thrown a fit when it was time, or been less than cooperative with "waited punishments". Wade sounds like a responsible lad who understands he deserves a spanking and will accept punishment, only please wait.

ivor

Marshall
I reckon Kier summed it up perfectly.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I think both sides have some justification here. If he doesn't want to be spanked at a certain time, he shouldn't misbehave then. Consequences are not going to be differed just because it's inconvenient or embarrassing for him.

On the other hand, our relationship has to be very important, and he does deserve some respect and consideration.

In the situation described, I think I would probably have been willing to wait, with the understanding that it was very limited, probably a one time thing, and that he was basically grounded until the spanking occurred.

In the actual scenario, I think I would simply tell him that I understand his feelings, then explain why I felt we needed to deal with things right away. And knowing myself, I'll point out that, while it might be a bit embarrassing for Damien to know he got in trouble today, we all know that both families of boys get spanked, and it's not like he hasn't known about times Damien has got it.

Kai

Deputy
Well what's done ist done. Maybe I should have waited but punishment is no request show or a bowl of cherries.
The scenario indicates that Wade disobeyed me in front of the littles so it's only fair for them to know he didn't get off scot free.
Maybe Wade is concerned that his best friend might see him as kind of a wimp because of his maybe excessive sound effects.
I can make both little ones promise to NOT tell ANYBODY about the event. If they break the vow of silence their own little botties will be in the line of fire. And they both know how good a spanker I can be ...

Last edited by Kai on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 am; edited 3 times in total

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm with Jack here.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think Jack has the best answer but I.m niot sure that(in character ) I would have responded like that

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I actually like Kai's answer to this one and shall therefore steal it my own! Doc's right though, I have shown myself to be a bit of a jerk here and it's likely that I'll continue in that vein.

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:I actually like Kai's answer to this one and shall therefore steal it my own!  Doc's right though, I have shown myself to be a bit of a jerk here and it's likely that I'll continue in that vein.

I can see the point of view that this dad wasn't very considerate, but we really don't know what kind of disobedience. Was this something he was told to do and just delayed it past my tolerance, or was this some kind of deliberate, disrespectful refusal? In the first case, the parent was (at the minimum) not very respectful of the kid's feelings. In the second case, I kind of feel like the kid got what he paid for.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum