You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/25/14 "Helping Hand" A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 3/25/14 "Helping Hand" A Leti Production on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
HELPING HAND
A Leti Production
You are in a family reunion and there was a scuffle between cousins.  The respective dads took over and some of the dads delivered swats and some other kids were made to stand in time-out.

You see your favorite nephew, thirteen year old Leonard, walking away looking upset. You go to him and, after some pulling on your side, he tells you that his dad was the one dealing swats and he was promised more once at home.  He is upset because he was not the only one guilty, and when his dad said it, all the other cousins heard it.

LEONARD - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Leonard is upset with his dad, and doesn't want to get near the other cousins and be teased.

What do you do?

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to tell Leonard I'll talk to his dad. And walk him to the table where his cousins are seated, where I will make it clear that I will have zero tolerance for any teasing about what just happened, or what might happen later. I think that's about the best that can be made of a bad situation.

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
I hope Leonard's Dad is my brother, or if a brother-in-law that we like and respect each other. I will commiserate with Leonard but explain that sometimes when Dads are embarrassed by their kid's behavior they speak

I can't come up with a solution with which I'm happy. I like Kier's idea about talking to the other boys, but am afraid that would backfire into more teasing than less or none. I do feel sorry for my favorite nephew, but feel that's all I can really do which isn't much help.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Can I spank Leonard's dad?  Twisted Evil 

I will have a talk with his dad but, other than that, I am powerless to help.

Stone Man

Marshall
It isn't clear how many dads are at the gathering, nor is it set what individual adult to adult relationships are shared among them.

After thoughts have me explaining to Leon that dads make mistakes too; have me talking with Leon's dad about his son being upset and the dad going to his boy to apologize; getting all the dads together and getting all the boys together with them and having all the dads threaten spankings to their sons if things continue.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Good lord, does that boy look like Dave when we first met! They say everyone has a twin out there and goodness that kid and Dave sure could pass!

I think Stoney has captured the answer for me, though as Katz pointed out, I really can't 'promise' anything.

ivor

Marshall
I can only try but I may well not succeed.

Firstly I can explain to Leonard that all Dad's have different standards as well as probably different methods of punishment for errant kids. His Dad is evidently tougher than others.

Secondly, I can talk to his Dad and try and persuade him that Leonard wasn't the only one involved so is it fair he should be punished twice and have the rest of his day spoilt knowing what is going to happen when he gets home? Perhaps, as a favour to me if nothing else, he could tell Leonard he is going to suspend the further punishment?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm going to tell Leonard "I'll see what I can do - but don't hold your breath."

Then I'll get all the dad's together to point out the boys have been disciplined randomly without any attempt to determine culpability or fairness.  I'll make them an offer in case of any recurrence and then request, as host, that the matter ends now.

If I get agreement I'll next call the boys together.  Tell them their fathers have agreed there will be no further repercussions over the fracas but that I have made a bedroom, equipped with a hairbrush and strap, available for their fathers to take them, one by one, if there is any recurrence.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Not sure quite what happened, who did what and the ages of the kids involved. Sounds like Lennys Dad got angrier than most. I will ask Leonard to give me his side of the story and tell me his part in the scuffle and just why he thinks the other kids might tease him rather than sympathize. I will promise to raise it with his Dad when things are calmer and if I think Leonard has a case but can make no promises on his behalf. I am also sure that we can squash any teasing by threatening more retribution on those doing so and that Leonard should stop moping and rejoin the party.

Padraig

Trailboss
I will gather all the boys, bring them in the party cellar/rumpus room (or whatever you will call it) where all the boys bunk. I order them to strip completely and bend over side by side. When I have a row of beautifully presented bottoms I will start a major tickle and pillow fight until everyone is exhausted... affraid  Twisted Evil 

It will not save Len from his father's punishment, but at least it will take off his mind and certainly cuts all teasing...

Seriously, I can't add anything sensible to the answers above. Life is not always fair.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
The problem is that, even if I talk to Len's dad and persuade him not to add further punishment at home, the damage was done when the threat was made in front of the others. Unless Len's dad can be persuaded to apologize to Len in front of the others, Len will still feel humiliated. I can tell Len not to let teasing bother him, but I know that at 13, that advice is useless to him. I'll talk Len's dad to try to explain the situation to him, but it's up to him to mend the situation for his son. I'll do my best to be supportive of Len in any case.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Part of my answer lies in how I'm related to Leonard's Dad and our relationship.

I am probably going to go to his dad, point out that all the boys were involved, Leonard wasn't the cause, and (if true) it was exactly the type of thing he and I used to get involved in. To me, it should be over and done, and it's certainly not worth ruining the rest of the day for his son.

If I don't think that will work, I might just go to my sister (because I know the above would work for one of my brothers), and ask her if Leonard can come home with me.

Jack

Admin
On second thought - if this is my brother....

"Man, Len," I say, loud enough for all the cousins to hear, "I remember taking your dad and your other uncles on a vacation trip one time. Mary and Patrick were coming the next day, but we kids left early, so we could get more time at Schlitterbahn. Well, your Uncle Matt was 16 at that point, but your dad and the other two were complaining the whole way, and making me crazy, so I pulled into a rest area...."

I"m sure the apology from his dad will be coming before the story gets any further than that!

LLALVA

Trailboss
I was thinking along Jack's solution.

Talk to my brother and tell him I am taking his kid home with me to tell all the embarrassing tales I know about him...

Jack wrote:"Man, Len," I say, loud enough for all the cousins to hear, "I remember taking your dad and your other uncles on a vacation trip one time. Mary and Patrick were coming the next day, but we kids left early, so we could get more time at Schlitterbahn. Well, your Uncle Matt was 16 at that point, but your dad and the other two were complaining the whole way, and making me crazy, so I pulled into a rest area...."

I"m sure the apology from his dad will be coming before the story gets any further than that!

And now I want to know this story...

Very Happy

Leti

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum