a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/26/14 "Flowndering Around" A Stone Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
FLOWNDERING AROUND (Part One)
A Stone Man Production

Christopher (Tophy most of the time) is your ten year old son. His friend is Flownder (we haven’t the time for that story), a de-scented pet skunk belonging to an older couple next door. Tophy has permission to play with Flownder anytime he wishes as long as you or your spouse approve. Tophy is a delight to have and is rarely in trouble. Swats, glares and corner time take care of most misbehavior, and a firm parental hand applied to a bare, little boy bottom takes care of the “serious” stuff.

The area where you live is rural, with houses grouped in clusters leaving lots of common ground for all to enjoy, including birds, deer, chipmunks, squirrels, and wild skunks. Most of the neighborhood knows about Tophy and Flownder and their friendship, but non-locals are quite taken aback the first time they see them together.

TOPHY - 10 WITH FLOWNDER
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tophy got into a bit of trouble today. A family three lots away (where there are kids who are friends with your son) was having a gathering of friends and family, both near and far, in their backyard. You and the family were in attendance. Tophy told the kid guests about Flownder and all agreed that they wanted to meet the skunk.

Without asking permission, Tophy went and got Flownder. He brought him back to the gathering and met up with kids playing in the front yard where Flownder was an immediate sensation. All was well until one of the kids let go of Flownder and he took off for the back yard. Fortunately, except for some screaming kids who were chasing the skunk and screaming adults who were trying to run away, only a little food, brew, and dignity was lost before Flownder was again in Tophy’s arms.

After helping with the cleanup as best you can, you take Christopher by the arm and excuse yourself from the party saying you will be returning after awhile.

Once you get Flownder back in his cage what becomes of Master Christopher?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think Tophy needs a mild spanking as a reminder to get permission before taking Flownder. Everything turned out all right, but it could have gone badly quite easily. There's no need to burn down the barn, though.

Kat

Jack

Admin
This one really depends on how long it's been since that rule needed to be enforced (or was introduced). I can kind of understand Tophy being excited about the new kids and wanting to make a good impression.

My general feeling is that we're going to have a talk about pet skunks and non-pet skunks, and how Flownder might have been hurt. By that point, Tophy will probably be ready to have his bottom bared for a relatively mild spanking.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Why didn't I challenge him the moment I realised that he'd fetched the skunk rather than wait until the inevitable had happened? I'm sure that the kids' excited shouts would have alerted me immediately Flownder appeared.

However, what has happened has happened. A mild spanking should suffice with the promise of something more severe if he transgresses in this way again.

Then, once any tears have disappeared, we return to the gathering. The tears will probably be more from the fright of what might have been than the spanking.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Bearing in mind Tophy's  character reference he will have had such a fright he will not be repeating that mistake any time soon.

Even so the possible consequences of his deed make some reinforcement desirable.  A good talking to followed by a few stingers (rather than a hiding) on his bare bottom will suffice and then we can return to the party.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Christopher does NOT have to ask permission for every little thing! Nor would I punish him because some other kids (or adults) were not paying attention!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Jack, who agrees in principle with pretty much everyone else.

Padraig

Trailboss
ditto... ;-)

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Christopher's bottom is safe...

It was Stevie's idea to release yon skunk in any case... and I enjoyed the whole shebang a very great deal indeed.

We'll just tell the neighbours that he has been severely chastised.  Laughing

I will suggest that the lad should pretend to brush a tear or two - and rub his little bum a little ruefully - in order to ad verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative and all...

Stevie  Twisted Evil

John Boy

Sherrif
I chose Jack's answer.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Kat wrote:I think Tophy needs a mild spanking as a reminder to get permission before taking Flownder. Everything turned out all right, but it could have gone badly quite easily. There's no need to burn down the barn, though.

Kat

What HE said!!

ivor

Marshall
So Flownder created a bit of a stink - ain't that what skunks re supposed to do??  Laughing 

I think Tophy will have realised that he gave that he also gave Flownder a scare and will be much more careful in future.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
I'm stealing Jack's answer.

db105

Trailboss
Hmmm. Technically, it seems he has broken a rule and a telling off or a mild spanking is in order (mild because this seems an excess of boyish enthusiasm rather than deliberate disobedience). However, I'm not sure I understand why Tophy has to ask for permission from us every time he wants to play with Flownder.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I'm going to put this one down to boyish imPETuosity and enthusiasm, explain to the folks that Flounder has been de(dis- odoured) and and give a warning swat to remind Tophy to ask first. Later Tophy and I will JUST talk about the way things we are used to doing can be viewed differently elsewhere. From now on Flounder visits only when invited.

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:I'm not sure I understand why Tophy has to ask for permission from us every time he wants to play with Flownder.

This occurred to me as well, along with Square's point about him being descented (pet skunks aren't common, but I didn't think they were so rare that someone would be shocked by a kid playing with one). Still, sometimes you just go with the scenarios... These things are hard to make up 366.25 days a year!

kalico

Sherrif
javk and kat ....ditto!!

hugs kal

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Jack wrote:  Still, sometimes you just go with the scenarios...

"Sometimes" Jack?  I like to try to make it make it "Always"

Often the parents described in the scenarios (whilst probably real somewhere out there) are so alien to my own personality and so inept wrt my own view of successful parenting that sticking with the scenario standpoint is a good mental exercise helping me to keep my old nemesis Al Zeimer from hunting me down.  scratch Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:
db105 wrote:I'm not sure I understand why Tophy has to ask for permission from us every time he wants to play with Flownder.

This occurred to me as well, along with Square's point about him being descented (pet skunks aren't common, but I didn't think they were so rare that someone would be shocked by a kid playing with one).  Still, sometimes you just go with the scenarios... These things are hard to make up 366.25 days a year!

Flownder is not a family pet for Tophy. Since ten year old kids do not always exhibit good judgment, he needs to check out the appropriateness of playing with Flownder with Mom or Dad before taking him from his cage. If Tophy had asked Mom/Dad likely would have said yes, but would have prepared the guests form away and supervised the visit.

Besides, as the author, I wanted to make sure that there was an actual violation of some rule, not just an accident.  What a Face 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum