a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 03-28-14 - Food Critic - A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
FOOD CRITIC
A Leti Production

Your spouse has been taking cooking classes and s/he is trying to impress you with something s/he just learned. It looks different from what you are used to having, but it smells good and your spouse is proud of it.

Terry - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your 7 yo son looks at it, and declares that he does not like how it looks, he wants a pizza and HE IS NOT EATING THAT!

What do you do?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I will be giving him a few stingoors.. (all credit to our Cappy)

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
No problem... I won't force him and he doesn't have to eat it...

In fact, he doesn't have to eat anything at all... Twisted Evil

Bed without supper.

Problem solved.

Stevie. 

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Easy one if he won't even try it. - Let him go hungry - no alternatives.

If he throws a tantrum we know how to deal with that.

He looks a bit over chubby anyway.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Skater

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
A seven year old resists to eat new food - how surprising...

My father always tried to make some kind of deal. Sometimes it worked and I liked the food, more often not. But at least he got me to try it, well, most of the times. Sometimes I simply couldn't (e.g. spinach). But he never raised his hand over that issue and I won't do either.

Stone Man

Marshall
If Terry doesn't want to even try it, than so be it. He doesn't have to eat. I can't ever remember a time when there wasn't something edible on the table. Terry can make a meal of salad or his favorite on the table... green bean casserole.  Cool 

He will get some stingoors just because he's there.

AFinch

Sherrif
I grew up in the days of "the clean plate club". I was a very picky eater. I remember being probably the only kid in the world who, at age 10, didn't like pizza (I'd never tried it, but it looked and smelled "gross" to me).

We had gone out to dinner. My dad ordered pizza as an appetizer for the table. My sister and I did everything short of throwing a tantrum to not try it. Dad finally told me (us) that if we didn't at least try it, he was going to spank us "right here in front of everyone" and never, EVER, take us out to dinner again. We held our noses and tried it. And like Mikey, we liked it--in fact, we loved it and still do).

I'll share that story with Terry, but if he still won't try it, I'm not going to force the issue. There should be enough other stuff on the table (even if it's just bread) that he won't starve. He'll get more grown up tastes when he's ready.

As most of you know, the picky little boy who was me grew up to be a gourmet chef who eats (and cooks) most everything now.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I agree with most; this isn't a spankable offense.

I would ask him to at least try it for his mom.   If he finds it totally not to his liking (he can't eat it without hurling) I'm sure there's other stuff there he will eat.

My folks were the clean your plate type as well and there were times I'd choke something down only to have it return so I'm sympathetic.  As you know from my last "My New Family"  story, Darren detests eggplant.  Doc was kind enough to share a sauce recipe that, according to Dare, "makes it tolerable but could you use that sauce on some pasta; it would be awesome there."  Lyn's a 'clean your plater' too so meals can be interesting at times.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Well he's not getting pizza. I will try to cajole Terry into trying some of the dish and telling him there will be no pudding unless he does, no spanking unless Terry is rude about it

AFinch

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:I agree with most; this isn't a spankable offense.

I would ask him to at least try it for his mom.   If he finds it totally not to his liking (he can't eat it without hurling) I'm sure there's other stuff there he will eat.

My folks were the clean your plate type as well and there were times I'd choke something down only to have it return so I'm sympathetic.  As you know from my last "My New Family"  story, Darren detests eggplant.  Doc was kind enough to share a sauce recipe that, according to Dare, "makes it tolerable but could you use that sauce on some pasta; it would be awesome there."  Lyn's a 'clean your plater' too so meals can be interesting at times.

It IS awesome on pasta, and as chicken parm. And that's how I use that recipe 90% of the time.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Terry can eat what we serve or not as he pleases! But if he is hungry that is his problem!

Iconoclast

Kittykat

Deputy
In my house we have a rule that you have to try it. If you don't like it fine, but you will try it. I'm not a short order cook.

ivor

Marshall
I don't think forcing him to taste it will achieve anything as his mind is already made up that he isn't going to like it. He can eat anything else that is on the table or go without.

I don't consider it to be a spanking offense unless he gets stroppy as a result but in that case the spanking would be for that anyway.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I tell him that his mom has worked very hard on this, and it would be nice if he tried it. If he doesn't try it, he's welcome to make a sandwich, but he's not getting pizza.

Jack

Admin
My step-father tried 'clean your plate' for a while. As a result, we found out that I'm more stubborn than him, and I still hate any and all vegetables. I manage to choke down a few, to be a good example for the kids, but I don't eat them when I don't have to worry about that (lunch, for instance), and I didn't start eating vegetables until about '98.

Kai

Deputy
Hm, thats a hard one.
I was the kind of kid who ate ANYTHING that was declared food - and lots of it. But I was like the second row of Egypt cows: I was always skinny as a rake and carried nicknames like "Spider Legs".
There were things I didn't like but ate it anyway because it was there to be eaten and I was hungry (I was ALWAYS hungry).
My sister was quite the opposite and I profited from it because whatever she didn't like she gave me and I never complained.
So my approach is: Try to try it. An if you really don't like it: well, there will be someone else who is happy to eat it.

But just like the majority here: If you throw some kind of a tantrum, then it's toasted buns for supper.

db105

Trailboss

What's that? Pouting? Oh, no! This means war!

I will have to fight with his own weapons:

Wink 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in with the group that suggests gentle persuasion to try the dish, but won't insist. I'm an adult, and I can often tell by the smell and appearance of a dish that I won't care for it. I wouldn't allow someone to force me to "just taste" something, so I hardly think it's appropriate to bully a child into it. What appeals to us is highly individual and changeable; one person's delicacy will make another person vomit just at the thought. As many have pointed out, there should be some side dishes that he can eat.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
If after verbal encouragement to try it, he still declines to do so, so be it - he goes hungry.

If there is a second course, he will get a standard portion of that but no seconds.

No spanking unless his attitude stinks.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum