a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 04-05-2014 See What Happens When You're Bored - A Stevie Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
See What Happens When You're Bored
A Stevie Production

You are wasting time on a Saturday morning, surfing the internet, when you follow an I Am Bored link entitled Young Candidates for Darwin Awards.

You are shocked beyond belief when you recognise the participants in one of the linked videos as being your thirteen year old son, Ganymede, and a group of his friends...

The video involves a shopping cart, a friend of your son named Robert, and a steep hill terminating on a road. You watch in horrified fascination as the video ends with the boy being tossed out of the cart, obviously badly injured... you do know that Robert has a broken arm which you, and Robert's parents, were told was the result of falling off his bicycle on his way to school...

You follow the link to a channel on YouTube, and find that your son's friends refer to themselves as the Jack Ass Challengers. There are over two dozen videos... all of them involving some fairly serious risk as far as you are concerned... in one of them the boys expose their bare bottoms to the entire world... in others they perform various acts of vandalism for which they (all of them being over twelve years of age) might be charged under the Young Offenders Act... and their faces are recognisable in all of the clips.

One day earlier in the summer, you and your spouse had made plans for a family evening out with dinner and a movie which Ganymede's two younger siblings had been looking forward to seeing (although he himself considered it too babyish for a teenager)... Ganymede had, however, arrived home that afternoon with a badly upset tummy and those plans had had to be cancelled at the last minute, severely disappointing the younger kids.

You notice the date on the episode in which the groups tried the 4 litre milk challenge, resulting in a disgusting episode of vomiting, and realise that that was the date of the cancelled family outing...

Neither you or the other parents were aware of this... the lads are fairly technically savvy and managed to hide their tracks until I Am Bored picked up their video...

What steps do you take now... especially considering that the boys are now out together and you haven't heard from Ganymede since breakfast and all? Here are the Links

Link 1

Link 2

John Boy

Sherrif
I shall be calling him home. I will tell him there is something I need to ask him or something like that. I shall then "leave" the you tube videos up and when he comes in I won't be near the computer but his OH "S#@T" comment will give me all the guilt I need to warm him up good. EmbarassedEmbarassed I will also be limiting his computer access.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to invite the other boys and their parents for dinner and a movie.  The "movie" is going to be a compilation video of these dangerous stunts.

I will tip the other boys' parents off in advance, but swear them to secrecy.  Once the first escapade begins, the boys will know they're "busted".  And then we will talk--about the dangers of what they've done, about the young offenders act, about peer pressure, and about the fact that once on the internet, things don't go away.  I'll also suggest they read up on Ryan Dunn and then decide whether being Jack Ass Challengers is a good thing.

Since apparently all these activities are deliberate, disrespectful, disobedient, and dangerous, not to mention ILLEGAL, the switching of their young lives would not be out of the question.  If they appear proud of themselves, or tell me "no big deal", that's likely what will happen.  If there is a sufficiently close relationship between parents as well as boys, it would best be accomplished together, and should result in all three boys being reduced to incoherent howling.

If the boys are horrified and contrite, I'll give them a final warning, and make sure they are kept on a very short leash for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by AFinch on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:I'm going to invite the other boys and their parents for dinner and a movie.  The "movie" is going to be a compilation video of these dangerous stunts.

I will tip the other boys' parents off in advance, but swear them to secrecy.  Once the first escapade begins, the boys will know they're "busted".  And then we will talk--about the dangers of what they've done, about the young offenders act, about peer pressure, and about the fact that once on the internet, things don't go away.  I'll also suggest they read up on Ryan Dunn and then decide whether being Jack Ass Challengers is a good thing.

Since apparently all these activities are deliberate, disrespectful, disobedient, and dangerous, not mention ILLEGAL, the switching of their young lives would not be out of the question.  If they appear proud of themselves, or tell me "no big deal", that's likely what will happen.  If there is a sufficiently close relationship between parents as well as boys, it would best be accomplished together, and should result in all three boys being reduced to incoherent howling.

If the boys are horrified and contrite, I'll give them a final warning, and make sure they are kept on a very short leash for the foreseeable future.
Very well said... I will add what I say and then say ditto. Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
Ditto the ditto of Kier by JB. I think this is a time for a switching, along with serious restrictions on their freedoms. I wonder if anything can be done to mitigate the effects of Young Offenders Act.

Hey Jack! was one of the boys in Link 1 wearing tighty whities? Or were my eyes playing tricks on this old guy?

1strappedboy

Sherrif
These 2 are toast on SO many levels in my book!  Suspect 

I like the 'dinner and a movie' concept and after the 2 catch a clue that we as parents are on to them, I will be taking away sophisticated electronics for a very long time; just a basic phone with limited minutes/capabilities given ONLY so I can keep tabs on them with the exceedingly short leash they are now on.

Additionally, since the two goofballs don't mind suffering together  Twisted Evil , they can get a deluxe session from me (12/strop/WELL laid on) and when I'm through my son's idiot friend's dad can give them HIS version of the deluxe package.  If that happens to include a switch, I will not intercede to save my boy the experience!  affraid 

Once this has happened, perhaps we can find a way to scrub this crap from the net especially if it violates the law!!

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poor editing on original)

Padraig

Trailboss
Well said, everyone.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Dinner and a movie works for me as well. I also suspect all involved are in for the spanking of their lives.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Yep He's toast. After the spanking we will have dinner and dvds of the younger siblings choosing and popcorn which Ganymede will "enjoy" with us. So guys, is Fantasia, Dumbo, Snow White...? And if Robert is free perhaps he'd like to join us?. Then Ganymedes You tube account is going down

ivor

Marshall
I can't add to what Kier has already proposed as a reaction.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

kalico

Sherrif
DITTO ...... That is after I have recovered from heart failure........ affraid 

Actually I guess I can't be to shocked as I myself did a few VERY Crazy stunts that could have gone so VERY wrong.....all I can say is thank the good lord we didn't have all this technology to bust us when I was a teen..... Very Happy 

Hugs kal

Jack

Admin
I probably did some stuff that could have resulted in broken arms or legs, but nothing like this... (that comes to mind, right off hand --- maybe I killed those brain cells).

Causing yourself to be sick is just stupid. Doing it when you know we have family time planned is just rude. What concerns me is the vandalism. I know that boys think they're immortal and that the bad things only happen to other people, but I think a thorough switching is not out of the question, along with close supervision for a while.

Stoney - I saw two boys who might have been wearing TWs. I think one of them was probably in white compression shorts, based on the look of the fabric. The other (right side, with a bit softer belly) seemed to have a white waistband, but I couldn't say what he was wearing. I'd really had no desire to watch the vids - I deal with enough sick kids in RL.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
If I named my son Ganymede, then I shouldn't wonder he is acting out. I expect I'll be paying for years of counseling to undo the damage.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
kalico wrote:DITTO ...... That is after I have recovered from heart failure........ affraid 

Actually I guess I can't be to shocked as I myself did a few VERY Crazy stunts that could have gone so VERY wrong.....all I can say is thank the good lord we didn't have all this technology to bust us when I was a teen..... Very Happy 

Hugs kal

So very true! I think back and consider it a minor miracle some of us made it to adulthood in one piece. I think even if we had the tech we wouldn't have posted this to the world; we had the good sense to be sneaky about this sort of stuff! Of course we all knew what would happen if we were caught out! affraid 

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:Of course we all knew what would happen if we were caught out! affraid 

Suspect Maybe THAT is the reason my kids' youtube channels are so tame...

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:
1strappedboy wrote:Of course we all knew what would happen if we were caught out! affraid 

Suspect Maybe THAT is the reason my kids' youtube channels are so tame...

I know that's why MY kids' are!!  Razz 

kalico

Sherrif
Dimitri wrote:
I think back and consider it a minor miracle some of us made it to adulthood

OH that is so true for me....I did some REALLY crazy LIFE threatening things "just because everyone else was doing it"... or to keep a time honored action alive..... No 

and Im sure you both right about the youtubes....LOL

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
"Because everyone else was doing it."

Truer words were never spoken! ......."and if everyone else was jumping off a cliff you would too?"

Good God, I've become my parents!!  Razz 

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:."and if everyone else was jumping off a cliff you would too?"

as a matter of fact, Yes, i actually have. Razz

On the other hand, I still recall how wonderful it felt to use that phrase when my grandmother pointed out that 'all the boys are wearing their hair short these days,' so I try to avoid it with my kids.

kalico

Sherrif
Dimitri wrote:
if everyone else was jumping off a cliff you would too?"

Embarassed  actualy that is exactly what one of the life threatening things were.....I did jump off a cliff just because everyone else was.....

infact that little phrase did help get me soar bottom because after my jump off the cliff, the first time my brother/dad said that phrase I couldn't control my giggles and you as dads can understand how that didn't go over very well ... I couldn't exactly come out and say WHY I couldn't control myself and I knew I would rather take the punishment for giggling then the other..... affraid 

hugs kal

Kittykat

Deputy
LOL, well I never jumped off a cliff but I did jump off the tressles in Gator infested waters....... Twas fifteen and foolish as hell, I coulda been gator food!

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm sure all of us had their share of stupid and dangerous stunts. But it's a parent's or adult's job to try to keep the kids from killing themselves. And, as our parents failed, so did we...

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Padraig wrote:I'm sure all of us had their share of stupid and dangerous stunts. But it's a parent's or adult's job to try to keep the kids from killing themselves. And, as our parents failed, so did we...

Yep!!

...And Kal?  HECK yes I would have and like you, did.  After I got back from having my arm set and casted, the trip to the barn was epic!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum