a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4/16/14 "Cooking Merit Badge" A Dimitri/1Strapped Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Cooking Merit Badge
A Dimitri / 1 Strapped Boy Production

Spring has finally sprung here in cold western PA and you decide to fire up the BBQ to grill some outside grub.  Tonight is scout night and the younger 3 (Darren, Jeff and Ryan)are in their Class A uniform shirts so you tell them to keep clear of the grill so they don't get stained/smoky smelling.

You go inside to grab some spices and return to see:

Darren, Jeff and Ryan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Not only are they going for the food, you see that Darren has put wood (that has 'boy scout water'-lighter fluid on it) in the grill causing a flare up.

Are more than steaks and burgers going to be cooking?

This one is NOT based on a real situation for a change!!

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think I'll just chase them away with a few stingoors. The smell of grilling meat is hard to resist.

Kat

John Boy

Sherrif
They should know safety and also know how unsafe it is to disobey Dad.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

kalico

Sherrif
Sad  as much as I would like to agree with Kat on this one....Im more inline with what JB has said.....fire is dangerous and they are old enough to know better and listen when I say STAY AWAY....so their backsides will also be cooking shortly.....

hugs kal

Stone Man

Marshall
Come on Dimitri...  Razz A smokey smelling scout shirt is a bad thing?  Rolling Eyes 

However, it would seem there should be toasted buns to go along with the grilled meats. You told the boys to stay away and the didn't (according to the picture at least two of them). Darren actually added wood to the grill once the meat was on, which kind of negates the idea of coals for cooking. Plus there was lighter fluid on it which adds a lousy taste to meats and caused a flareup which could be dangerous. Age wise, and experience, I would think all the boys have built controlled fires multiple times and am not all that worried about them working safely around a fire or grill.

The short version is: you tell them to keep clear of the grill and at least two didn't.

Stingoors maybe? I'm just not all that upset, as long as the meat still tastes as it should.

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with Kat and Stoney--hardly the crime of the century, and old enough that grilling shouldn't really be a safety issue. It's disobedient, but not awful enough for a "real spanking".

ivor

Marshall
I think setting them the chore of cleaning up that yard over the next few days would be a more constructive solution.  Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Seriously, I told them to stay away so they wouldn't smell smokey?

It sounds like I should worry more about showing them how to handle grill cooking properly. I will discuss obedience with them, but I don't think it requires more than a couple of smacks.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:Come on Dimitri...  Razz A smokey smelling scout shirt is a bad thing?  Rolling Eyes 

Shocked Darren's the grinning idiot who's dropped the wood amongst, not underneath, the meat.

He can entertain his brothers by dropping his shorts for a few zingy smarting stingoors across my lap for his stupidity, and then taking the (possibly) contaminated adjacent meat as his portion.  Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kai

Deputy
Well, stained and smoky smelling are no issue for me.
More like a badge of honour. So maybe some playful stingoors and a reminder.
But there is still the safety issue.
Are they properly instructed in grill/fire usage yet?
If not than they are toast followed by getting the proper instructions later (aren't there merit badges to earn for that?).

squarecutter

Sherrif
Stingers all round for the act of disobedience and just a sense I have that the boys may know about the rules on fire safety but may not be aware just how fast fire can spread if you get careless with it. . Better a small burn in the butt than...

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:Come on Dimitri...  Razz A smokey smelling scout shirt is a bad thing?  Rolling Eyes 

However, it would seem there should be toasted buns to go along with the grilled meats. You told the boys to stay away and the didn't (according to the picture at least two of them). Darren actually added wood to the grill once the meat was on, which kind of negates the idea of coals for cooking. Plus there was lighter fluid on it which adds a lousy taste to meats and caused a flareup which could be dangerous. Age wise, and experience, I would think all the boys have built controlled fires multiple times and am not all that worried about them working safely around a fire or grill.

The short version is: you tell them to keep clear of the grill and at least two didn't.

Stingoors maybe? I'm just not all that upset, as long as the meat still tastes as it should.

Actually, Stoney's right; smoke and a uniform do kind of go hand in hand!! Razz 

As I pointed out, for once I didn't base on reality per se as much as envisioning Darren doing something like putting accelerant soaked wood into an already burning fire (despite several roasted rears for that sort of thing) and when I saw the flare up it just seemed a 'natural'!

Had this been R/L, I would have chased them away with a swat or 2 and toasted Darren to his usual level of heat for 'stupidity with fire'.

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:... and toasted Darren to his usual level of heat for 'stupidity with fire'.

Will the smoke from that fire smoke up his shirt even more??? Twisted Evil 

1strappedboy

Sherrif
MUCH more! Shocked Twisted Evil Razz 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum