a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 04-19-2014 For A Good Cause - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
FOR A GOOD CAUSE
A DMK Production

This is Taylor, your thirteen year old son, with his dog, Juneau.  Taylor is spanked when a punishment is needed.  Taylor is a hard core animal lover.

TAYLOR - 13 (With Juneau)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taylor volunteers at the local animal shelter twice a week after school.  He loves the work and loves the animals.  Taylor has gotten word that the shelter is in a bad financial position and is having difficulty purchasing food for the animals.  Taylor also over heard the shelter director saying some animals may have to be euthanized if the situation doesn't improve.  Taylor has ten dollars left from his allowance and so he donates that to the shelter.  Taylor wants to do more.

Taylor is responsible for keeping the yard mowed and typically does a great job of tending to his chore but has been letting it slip as of late.  The yard is now looking bad and you warn Taylor that you need the yard mowed on Saturday with no excuses.

Today is Saturday and your spouse is out of town on business and you have to work an overtime shift on Saturday.  As you are leaving you wish Taylor a good day and remind him to mow the yard.  You remind Taylor that he will be spanked if you come home and the yard is not done.

Taylor decides to get to his chore first thing and as he is taking the mower out an idea comes to him.  Taylor takes the mower and goes to houses in the neighborhood.  Taylor offers to mow yards and explains to the neighbors that he is going to donate what he earns from mowing to the shelter.  Taylor's idea is very successful and by mid afternoon he has earned a hundred dollars. Taylor is very tired and hungry so he heads home to grab a snack.  Taylor then plans to mow his own yard after he eats. Taylor sits down on the sofa to have his snack yet he falls asleep.  Taylor is still asleep when you get in.  It is now late in the day and it is now raining.  You have come home to a yard that is not mowed and your son sleeping on the sofa.

You wake Taylor and he immediately realizes the situation and starts explaining that he did not mean to fall asleep.  He explains how he had been mowing all day to raise money for the shelter and he shows you his earnings. Taylor explains that he really was going to mow the yard today.

Your response?

John Boy

Sherrif
Sunday after Church and then a stingeroo to send him to his room.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

mahoover

Cowboy
I think I am going to steal one of Jack's lines, and ask what would your boss say if this was a job? If he hadn't already let the lawn get longer than it should, he would have more margin, but since mowing the yard was already late, he is getting the promised spanking. It won't be a harsh one, but he does get it.
After the spanking is over, I will tell him I am proud of him working for a good cause, and contribute some more money to it. But I will remind him that he has responsibilities and needs to balance getting them done with his good deeds.

Padraig

Trailboss
I'll second that...

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I couldn't possibly spank a kid for having a good heart. I couldn't punish him in any way for this. We'll work on the lawn together tomorrow and get it done. I'll see what I can do to help raise money for the shelter as well. No healthy animal should be euthanized for want of funds.

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
I am enthusiastically with Kat. There's no one on earth I'd even scold for this, let alone spank. Taylor's a chip of the old block, and I'm very proud of him.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm spanking him for stealing Max; bring him back at once!!  Seriously, there's always tomorrow for our lawn and what he has done is for a good cause.

My kids are still waiting...... Razz 

That dog is the image of Max!

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I am enthusiastically with Kat.  There's no one on earth I'd even scold for this, let alone spank.  Taylor's a chip of the old block, and I'm very proud of him.

I am with Kat and Kier!

Iconoclast

Stone Man

Marshall
On hearing Taylor's explanation of his day, I paws for a moment and think of what I would have done when I was thirteen, had I hear what he had.

Then I give him a hug (and a kiss) and go fix dinner. Tomorrow will have to suffice for getting the lawn mowed, twice if need be. Taylor knows I'm proud of his care and actions, but there is an implied promise if the lawn is not done on the next good day.

ivor

Marshall
I'll ditto Kat.

This is a praise not punishment situation.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I am enthusiastically with Kat.  There's no one on earth I'd even scold for this, let alone spank.  Taylor's a chip of the old block, and I'm very proud of him.

I am enthusiastically with Kier who is enthusiastically with Kat.

Very Happy 

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Cliché time again ...... "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" .... BUT THIS ONE WILL.

I'm proud of my son.  I'm not a dictator - nor a plantation overseer - nor so infirm as to be incapable of doing the job myself when the weather improves.

What I AM going to do is commission Taylor to mow our yard on the next fine day.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Mahoover has it for me. Then he is free for money making

Jack

Admin
I think I'm going to sit down and explain my thoughts on this to Taylor.

I'm honestly kind of torn. I'm proud of him for wanting to help the animals, and I don't want to discourage him from doing charity work or make him think I'm upset with him for what he did. On the other hand, the reason I threatened to spank him is because the work should have been done already, but he kept putting it off.

Having explained that, I'm going to tell him that he's not only giving the money he earned to the animal shelter, but he can donate a few tears as well. I'm going to see how he reacts to that, and I keep shifting what I want to do and feel needs to be done as I work, but I think I'm just going to tell him he's now grounded until the yard is done. If this is a Noah-type rain, I might change that.

I guess the main thing I want him to take out of this is that charity begins at home. You can skip your job to go help a cause you want to support, if you want to keep your job. There are right ways to do things and wrong ways to do them, and he did the right thing, the wrong way this time. If I think he understands that, I don't think there's a real need to punish. On the other hand, if he understands it, he'll probably be ready to accept what I promised him.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie's already apprenticed Taylor to a chimney sweep. He'll learn all about doing as he's told when his master lights a fire under his bum to speed him up the flue and all...

Stevie.  Twisted Evil

Post script:

On Edit... here's his new master with another apprentice...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post post script... I'm pretty sure that the photo is staged and all... just doesn't look real...

Kai

Deputy
In German there is a game called "Koffer packen" (packing the suitcase) where everyone needs to recite what his predecessors packed and then pack something for himself.
I am packing my suitcase: I am taking Kat and Kier and Iconoclast and Ivor and Katzy.

ivor

Marshall
Kai wrote:In German there is a game called "Koffer packen" (packing the suitcase) where everyone needs to recite what his predecessors packed and then pack something for himself.
I am packing my suitcase: I am taking Kat and Kier and Iconoclast and Ivor and Katzy.

That sounds IK to me!  Laughing 

(Mind you, it'll be a bit of a squeeze but should be fun  Smile )

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
ivor wrote:(Mind you, it'll be a bit of a squeeze but so should be fun  Smile )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum