Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

23 April 2014: Tuesday's Child is Out of Place

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Your spouse works the 7am - 3pm shift, so you're responsible for getting your son, Dwayne, up and off to school.

Neither you nor Dwayne is exactly an early riser. When your spouse first started this new shift, there were a few problems. Dwayne was paddled for tardies, and you caught heck from the spouse for not doing your job. You made a few shifts and changes, and, after nearly having to bust him yourself a couple of times, you and Dwayne came up with a system that works for both of you - giving you as much sleep as possible, while getting everyone out the door on time.

Lately, things have been slipping a bit. Dwayne has been wanting to stay up later, and complaining about having to get up. He's also getting a bit careless about the morning routine, leaving either more for you to do, or leaving it for your spouse to find in the afternoon.

This morning, you woke Dwayne, made sure he climbed out of bed, then ran and got into your shower. When you finished, you went and started breakfast, before realizing that he his shower wasn't running. You go to his room and find...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You only have about ten minutes leeway in your schedule, and he's used about twelve at this point.

John Boy

Sherrif
I think it is time for some stingeroos out of bed and a promise of more if he is late getting out of here.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to throw water on him, and when he awakens abruptly sputtering, I'm going to tell him to get a move on. If he's late to school and gets paddled, too bad--and in this one rare case, if that happens, I'm going to take a page from Dimitri's book and spank him again at home.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I'm going to throw water on him, and when he awakens abruptly sputtering, I'm going to tell him to get a move on.  If he's late to school and gets paddled, too bad--and in this one rare case, if that happens, I'm going to take a page from Dimitri's book and spank him again at home.

Ditto with an added discussion about following the morning routine.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I wonder if the kid is getting enough sleep. Most teenagers apparently don't. I remember how hard it was to get out of bed when I was Dwayne's age. I have a way of getting people out of bed that never fails, and I'll use it now. I'll simply run a key down the sole of his foot. Twisted Evil If he's late, he'll have to take the consequences at school, as I won't write him an excuse. I won't add any punishment at home, but I will consider whether he is getting as much sleep as he needs. I'd hate to impose a bedtime for a kid his age, but perhaps the threat of one will be more motivation for him to get to bed on his own, and then get out of it in a timely manner.

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll wake him again (roughly) then I've done my bit.

He's a big enough lad to be making decisions and shouldering some responsibility for himself; its up to him now whether he rushes around and maybe skips his shower and/or some breakfast or moons around and lines himself up for the tardy paddle.

Last edited by MemoryMan on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
My initial reaction was to ditto Kier then I read Kat and decided to ditto him instead - just this once!

I do recall not wanting to get up in the morning as a teenager but I made sure I wasn't late getting to school. I do suspect these days there are a lot more distractions to keep kids up later in the evenings, so perhaps that side of things needs to be looked at unpopular though it may be.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
His problem if he gets paddled at school. I will not be standing in their way. May be I should reinforce it with another paddling when he gets home Evil or Very Mad An early night or two perhaps?

Jack

Admin
For the record, he probably won't be paddled at school. At least where I attended and taught (and where my kids go now) tardies are by 6 weeks. If he was paddled early on, and he's been on time lately, then this would probably only be his first tardy, and not a paddling offense.

Mikell was a hard one to wake. What was especially bad was when he was still living with his mom, but he'd stay overnight with us sometimes, during the week, because of homework. Then I had to get him up and make an extra long drive to get him to school. I found the belt on the side of the bed usually activated his mutant teleport gene.

In this case, though bringing the belt down somewhere besides the side of the bed is tempting, but I think I need to just get him in the shower, so I can finish getting ready, and make him a sandwich to eat on the way to school. This evening, we're going to have to look at a couple of things and try to find a way to get him a bit more sleepy-bye time.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will instruct my son Dwayne that hereafter, at least on school nights, he will sleep nude and when I wake him he will accompany me into the bathroom where he can take his shower with me. If he does not get up quick enough I will pick him up and deposit him in the shower and turn on the cold water! I think this will solve the problem with no threats or spanking required!

Iconoclast

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
It's obvious that yon lad is engaging in the dreadful practice of onanism which is sapping his life force and causing his health to rapidly decline...

I'd immediately tell him about the perils this filthy and immoral habit pose to his physical, mental, and spiritual well-being...

However, in case he doesn't listen very well I'd buy one or the other of these excellent little anti - onanism devices and all:

Stevie.  Twisted Evil

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Stone Man

Marshall
Dwayne will be threatened with a whippin' and an early bedtime when he gets home. With a threat (not a promise) I can change either action if I wish.

Bedtime may NOT be the problem. Studies have found that many teens are the most comfortable with a sleep/wake cycle that has them going to sleep close to midnight and waking at 10 or 11AM. I do have sympathy for my boy and will help him however I can, be HE must take the final responsibility for his life choices.

Kittykat

Deputy
I'm also throwing water on him, and I'm giving him a bedtime for a little while at least.

db105

Trailboss
Stevie wrote:
However, in case he doesn't listen very well I'd buy one or the other of these excellent little anti - onanism devices and all:

Stevie.  Twisted Evil

Laughing  Good response, Stevie. It got a laugh out of me.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum