a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/14/14 "Shane In The Sand" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SHANE IN THE SAND
A DMK Production

You have a fourteen year old son, Shane.  Shane is still subject to spanking although you have experimented with grounding and privilege loss with him.  Spanking still proves to be the most effective punishment for Shane.

The neighborhood you live in is near the beach and Shane enjoys spending most of his free time hanging out at the beach.  The beach is only a short walk from your house.

Shane has been having issues as of late remembering to do his daily chores. You put him on a checklist and schedule and threatened a spanking and there have been improvements.  School is now out for the summer break.

You and your spouse leave for work and you tell Shane that he needs to mow the lawn today and add the chore to his checklist.  There is an understanding that Shane must have his chores done before undertaking any other activities.

You come home from work and find the lawn has not been mowed and Shane has not taken care of the dishwasher nor fed and watered his cat nor scooped the litter. The dishwasher and care for his cat are his two daily chores. Shane has marked his checklist that all of his chores are done.  You give the thirsty cat some water and go to get Shane as you are certain you know where to find him.  Sure enough you find him at the beach:

SHANE - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shane seems very glad to see you and seems oblivious to the fact that there is a problem and asks you to join him.  Despite the fact you are still in your work clothes you take a seat on the wet sand next to your son and say, "Tell me about your chores for today."

Shane responds, "Oh, it was such a great day and I just couldn't miss a minute of being out here.  I'm still gonna do them but later this evening.  I went ahead and marked the checklist because I knew I was gonna get it all done."

Is Shane in trouble?  If so, what do you do?

kalico

Sherrif
I'm going to go with that and enjoy the sun and time with my son.... Later after the chores are done I will talk with him and let him know that next time he wants to do that he needs to call and okay it but if I don't get the call then all chores are to be done by the time I get home

Hugs kal

LLALVA

Trailboss
I can say, ok but he needs to feed and water the cat.

Smile

Leti

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going to be a hardass on this one. I might overlook the lawn and dishwasher, but there is no way I'm excusing his dereliction of duty towards a helpless animal that has to depend on him for food and water and a decent place to eliminate. Shane needs a sharp reminder of his responsibilities. He can bend over his bed for ten licks with my belt.

Kat

Jack

Admin
It seems like I made it clear that Shane needed to have these things done before other activities. I'm tempted to call him marking them done dishonest, except he seems so blase about the whole thing - like a kitten trying to cover on a linoleum floor - that I wonder if he just doesn't understand how wrong he was.

I'm going to tell him that he's been promised a busting for this and see how he reacts. He looks like a decent sized boy, so I think he's going to get two on the boxers - kind of a minimum punishment - and very explicit instructions on what to do, along with very explicit details on what will happen next time he doesn't.

I might consider threatening him with some kind of house arrest if this doesn't straighten out. Mowing isn't a daily thing, so it shouldn't be that big a deal, when it just means him going to the beach an hour later.

Jack

Admin
Kat posted his answer while I was writing mine, and he's right - letting the cat run out of food and water does need a bit heartier response.

Padraig

Trailboss
Though it's called a town I live in a quite rural enviroment - and if the cat is really dependent on human services something went seriously wrong.

However, he is 14, not 8, so a basic level of responsibility should be expected. Nevertheless, my neighbour's boy at 15 is still suffering of a certain degree of kid's thinking, so it depends on Shane's overall stage of development how hard I have to come down on him.

John Boy

Sherrif
Busted, he is coming home doing the chores and depending on whether he gives me problems or not will depend on whether I bust his butt first or second.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat (and Jack Part 2). I don't care much if he mows later, but leaving a helpless animal without food or water calls for a vigorous response.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Agreed. The animal's welfare is priority; the lawn can wait and I'm not too bent out of shape about that.

I am a bit concerned about how he could check off the list and be so utterly 'blah' about it. As Jack pointed out, I could hold him on "being dishonest" and the punishment that carries in our house, but it wouldn't be fair as he would really not see it that way.

I think a short, sharp shock is in order though so that kitty doesn't suffer in the future. If there's a repeat, I can always upgrade.

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm most concerned with his lack of care (understanding of the need for a live animal) for the cat. If he had taken care of its needs and given me a call, I would have been willing to let him put off the other chores until later, with HIM responsible (with some reminders from me without a doubt) for getting them done before the day is done.

I'll tell him he needs to come home NOW and finish up with the cat related chores, and that he's in for a spanking of some ilk for not doing as he was told (especially as it has to do with the cat). I will leave it his choice if he gets the punishment now, before finishing up his chores, or he can wait until just before going to bed.

As he's in wet swim shorts, I'm surprised no one has decided to dry him off before letting some one else even him out.  What a Face 

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Kat & Kier. He needs something to drag him out of his dream world and back to reality. If there was someone around to supervise it I'd also ground him for a few days so he couldn't go near his beach.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm with Padraig unless its a "house cat" in which case I'm with Kat.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kai

Deputy
I am with Kat & Kier & Ivor.
He definitely needs some reality check and a hot butt is something he wont be able to ignore.
But being grounded from the beach might be the harder and more case related punishment. The only problem is to enforce the grounding.

Jack

Admin
MemoryMan wrote:I'm with Padraig unless its a "house cat" in which case I'm with Kat.

A lot of this seems to depend on where you are. In Texas, in the summer, even an outside cat needs a water supply available. I doubt the cat would starve to death in one day, but the water's even more important.

What bothers me, on further thought, is that I always considered mowing an early morning chore, and one of the things that bugged me most about Ralph is that he wanted to sleep in, then have me mow the lawn late morning, when it was already 90 degrees or so. The beach seems like more of an afternoon activity.

I'm not sure what's going on with this boy, but I do think he needs a serious reality check.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
You know Jack, even up here (w PA) cutting the grass was one of those things we did (and do) in the morning during the summer months. This kid needs his rear lit up from no matter what angle I approach it!

kalico

Sherrif
Sheesh....maybe im a softie but as far as the cat I'm not to concerned as I have five and two like to drink from the toilet bowl..... affraid and if this was a school day the cat wouldn't have been done until after school so.....

I think its just the start of summer and he needs to get into his summer schedule....

Hugs kal

MemoryMan

Sherrif
In my part of the world mowing is an afternoon or evening chore. The grass is usually soaking wet with dew (or last night's rain) first thing.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Partly it depends if there is still time in the day to do these things. If there isn' he has clearly disobeyed me all day and will be paddled. If there is still time I will get him home and set him to work.  Whatever you think of the original impositions it is the disobedience that matters

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum