a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/15/14 "Feeling Froggy" A Jack Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
FEELING FROGGY
A Jack Production

David is your fourteen year old son and is a Freshman at the local high school. David is a typically well-behaved kid and has not needed CP since sixth grade.

DAVID - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You got a call from the principal at David's school. He needs your input on a "discipline matter" concerning David. You are very involved in the school and are close with the principal and so he respects your input.

David thought it would be funny to "prank" his Biology teacher and so when she was out of the room he put one of the dissection frogs in her purse. The purse was not harmed but it did give the teacher quite a shock and she was also very hurt when she found out that David pulled the prank as he is her favorite student. Again, David meant no harm he just thought it would be fun. David was referred to the principal over the matter.

The principal has an open slate as far as discipline options and can administer CP if needed.

Your input is . . . ?

David M. Katz

Marshall
This is definitely not the crime of the century and, knowing my boy, I bet he feels horrible and has already punished himself in his own mind.  I think writing a honest and heartfelt letter of apology to the offended teacher will be plenty in this situation.

When David gets home he and I will discuss the appropriateness of some pranks.

Last edited by David M. Katz on Wed May 14, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Boy

Sherrif
I thank the principal for involving me but tell him I trust his judgement.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

squarecutter

Sherrif
Would David do this to his Mother. I think it might come down to what that teacher might accept and how contrite David is. Given Davids record a written apology might do and will happen in any case but if the school want to David to have a swat or two I will not stand in its way. David and I will talk about unintended consequences

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will tell David: Next time don't get caught!"

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Whether Dave's feeling guilty about this already or not is rather irrelevant to me.  This is indeed one of those 'unintended consequences' issues, and we will be discussing that as well as the right time/place/people for pranks.

While it sounds like he's really a pretty good boy who did a thoughtless/dumb thing (DARREN!!) I think that whatever the policy of the school is for anyone else in this situation is what I would recommend the principal to do.  If that's swats, so be it.

Of course in our house, there WILL be swats for this so Dave should hope for leniency from the school administrator!

Stone Man

Marshall
From the description of David, I'd be surprised if he wasn't physically sick because of the unintended consequences of his prank. We will be discussing this privately once he's back under my roof. Until then, a written and face to face apology would be in line, as I'm sure David feels badly.

As far as the school, my recommendation is for them to punish David in any way or form that they would consider using on any other student in their school for a similar act.

Last edited by Stone Man on Thu May 15, 2014 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, spelling, punctuation)

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with DMK and Stoney.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
As far as the school, my recommendation is for them to punish David in any way or form that they would consider using on any other student in there school for a similar act.

I agree.

At home we'll discuss his stupidity and the issue of cruelty to the frog.  I'll suggest he also considers apologising to his teacher.  A forced apology is worthless.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

David M. Katz

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:the issue of cruelty to the frog.  

The frogs typically arrive at the school pre-killed. The supplier usually dispatches them humanely and then they are vacuum packed or jarred or bagged in formaldehyde or similar solution and sold to schools and labs.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Stoney.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I'll tell the principal to apply firm bastinado every morning until David quits wearing black crew socks with shorts!

Wait, what was the question again?

Oh - I agree with Stoney. Dave and I need to discuss this. I'd like to find out what inspired it, and I'll definitely push him to realize why it was such a bad idea, but I'm going to tell the principal to treat him the same as any other kid.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
MemoryMan wrote:the issue of cruelty to the frog.  

The frogs typically arrive at the school pre-killed.  The supplier usually dispatches them humanely and then they are vacuum packed or jarred or bagged in formaldehyde or similar solution and sold to schools and labs.

Actually, I was shocked and amazed to discover that beginning with Jon's bunch (class of '12) that our school district has stopped dissecting "real' animals in biology and have gone to 'virtual' animals. Much nicer for the squeamish I suppose, but I think the real deal is the way to go; there's nothing like the smell of formaldehyde as we played with those scalpels. I'll NEVER forget my lab partner's green gills when we did the baby pig!!

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:
Actually, I was shocked and amazed to discover that beginning with Jon's bunch (class of '12) that our school district has stopped dissecting "real' animals in biology and have gone to 'virtual' animals.  Much nicer for the squeamish I suppose, but I think the real deal is the way to go; there's nothing like the smell of formaldehyde as we played with those scalpels.  I'll NEVER forget my lab partner's green gills when we did the baby pig!!

alien I was actually looking for a stifling vomit emoticon, but green will have to do.

kalico

Sherrif
I'm in agreement with stoney also.....

Embarassed  I REFUSED to disect anything other then the owl pelet (owl poop) and that was in seventh grade....in high school we did the frogs and pigs......brought my grade down but I didn't care....

Hugs kal

Jack

Admin
We didn't do pigs in high school, but then I only took bio I and went with Chem and physics for the rest of my science. I personally have no trouble with 'virtual' dissection... at least not in high school.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum