Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD EXTRA: 17 May 2014: Nightswimming and the Slurpees of Doom

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Tomorrow is the Spring Celebration and Band Benefit for the BCA Boosters. You're not able to be there, but you've done a lot of the arranging, and your kids will be helping to set up.

Your son, John, is the oldest of your boys to attend BCA - he's a freshman there this year. Two of his classmates, and pretty much his closest friends - Joe and Perry (not of Journey), as well as his cousin, Gordy, who's also a classmate - are sleeping over tonight, so they can get there first thing, and help set up.

About 11:30 PM, just as you're getting ready for bed, you hear some noise out back. Taking a look, you see...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You're about to tell them to keep the noise down just a bit. Before you speak, you look over and see one of the chairs covered with their clothes, but you also see four Slurpees. The problem is that you can tell the drinks are mostly new, but it's well after 11pm, which is past your curfew for them, as well as being past city curfew.

Are you going to ask them to stay quiet, help them to make more noise, or is something else called for?

BTW - you have full permission to discipline Joe and have used it. You also have permission with Gordy, though he's touchy about being paddled, so you usually don't spank him like you would your own kids (using hand or leather with him seems to cause less hard feelings). Perry's parents have given you permission to punish him in the past, but you've yet to use it.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
As one who sneaked out the bedroom window in search of Slurpees in the dead of night and got stopped by a policeman, who followed me home, I'm inclined to be merciful this one time. Maybe some stingoors on those wet bottoms are in order, though. Twisted Evil

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
I'll agree with Kat, though I never sneaked out any windows growing up.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
What the H*ll is a slurpee when it's at home and all????

Stevie...  Question 

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
StevieWeeks wrote:What the H*ll is a slurpee when it's at home and all????

Stevie...  Question 

It's like a frozen margarita, but made without alcohol. It may be fruit flavored or use a cola syrup as the flavoring. It is at home in 7-11 stores, where customers can dispense it from machines that freeze the mixture and keep it stirred to preserve a slushy consistency, about like snow. A similar drink is sold in other convenience stores, called an Icee. A Slurpee or Icee should not be confused with a snow cone.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Dry 'em out and even 'em up!!!

kalico

Sherrif
Like kat I have also slipped out but not often it had to be when my brother was out of the house cause his ears were like a bloodhound with his nose  No 

As for the BOTD I'm going to forget I seen the slurpees and just tell the kidos to quiet down.

Hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
I'm going to ask them to keep it down. Otherwise, I see nothing. Tomorrow when the boys wake up I will remember that I did see something and will remind everyone of the rules. (Seriously, just a simple verbal reminder is all it will take.)

Stone Man

Marshall
I did see the slurpees and because their acquisition was obviously made after my and the cities curfews I'll be calling them all to dry land.  Twisted Evil  After a brief lecture all will be subjected to enough stingoors to cause redness before sending them back into the pool to cool off.... Provided them stay quiet as I don't need any more boys joining them.

LLALVA

Trailboss
Shocked Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Hugs Leti

Last edited by LLALVA on Sun May 18, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jack

Admin
Like most of the people here, I just acted like I hadn't seen them. The next day, I made sure to let the boys know (quietly and individually, so there was no threat), that 'in by 11', didn't mean for a minute, and I also let them know that our town does have a curfew, and what can happen if they're caught violating it.

They should have let someone know they were leaving, and they shouldn't have been out after 11pm, but John is still quiet and shy enough that I didn't want to discourage him from having fun, and I just didn't see the reason to make a big deal about it (as opposed to when Josh's entire role playing group snuck out at about 3am a couple of years ago).

squarecutter

Sherrif
I Ilike Stevie want to know about sharpies. I assume this means they've been off campus after Curfew. I think Johns situation saves them all bu as J ack says they do need to be warned

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:I Ilike Stevie want to know about sharpies.

Sharpies are black markers with a leaner tip than Marksalots, so I assume you had an autocorrect.

Slurpees are actually a brand-name from 7-11 convenience stores, but like Band-Aids, Kleenex, and Coke, it's also kind of taken over for anything similar. I've also seen them referred to as Slush Puppies.

AFinch

Sherrif
Or as slushies on "Glee"...an ongoing plot point there.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Why did I write sharpies? Oh well, two things learned for the price of one

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum