a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/20/14 "They Were Making Me Crazy" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THEY WERE MAKING ME CRAZY
A DMK Production

You have five sons ranging in age from 18 months to 13. The three oldest boys (Jake - 13, Joel - 11, and Jerry - 10) get spankings when needed.  Jason, your 5 year old has only recently started getting "real" spankings.  The youngest, 18 month old John, is not spanked yet but might occasionally get a light swat to the seat of his diaper.

Your spouse has been called out of town for the weekend to help a sick relative.  You plan on a fun weekend with the boys.  

The boys love to play at the local park which is only two blocks from your house. The oldest boys are allowed to go to the park alone or together if they want.  John or Jason must be accompanied by a big brother or parent. One of the biggest attractions to them is climbing on a gorilla statue at the park.  You promise the boys that you will all go to the park today and even take a picnic.

Your boss calls and says it is important for you to come to the office for about two hours for an emergency meeting with a client.  

Since you will only be gone a short period of time you ask Jake to please help you out and watch his brothers, especially John and Jason.  You tell the boys you won't be gone long and that you all will still have your time in the park.  You give Jake and the other boys a few basic rules while you are gone - don't use the stove, don't open the door, don't leave the house, and call you immediately if there is any kind of problem.

You are headed home and pass the park and see:

(Top To Bottom) JOEL - 11, JERRY - 10, JASON - 5, JAKE - 13, JOHN - 18 MOS
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You stop the car, park, and walk over to the boys and ask Jake about your rule of not leaving the house while you were gone.

Jake responds, "They were making me crazy.  They were running wild and would not listen to me. I knew we were coming to the park anyway and so I figured it would be better to bring everybody here.  Since we have been here they have all calmed down."

You ask about telling him to call you with any problems.  Jake responds that he didn't really consider it a problem and, anyway, he fixed it.

What do you do?

John Boy

Sherrif
well Park time is done, part of me feels I should deal with my oldest part of me knows what it is like as an older brother in charge with no real authority.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
It wasn't very long ago that 13 year olds routinely looked after younger sibs.  And by not very long ago, I don't mean 100 years or even 50.

It sounds like Jake exercised (mostly) good judgment.  Everyone is safe and has been looked after.  While it is better to ask for permission than forgiveness, I'm going to limit any displeasure with Jake to telling him to be sure to call me first next time.  And I'm going to make sure he is aware how proud I am of him for taking such good care of his little brothers, and for turning what might have been a real problem into a non-problem.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy ...what Kier says...

when I was 10 and on up, I would stay over the summer with my best friend (her family and mine were besties ) we had to watch her 7 year old sister and 2 year old brother all day.....
so I totally understand this kid but unlike him we made sure we had permission.

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
As the oldest, I was frequently faced with this scenario for real even pre-Alex.  I am going to run with what my father would have done in an instance such as this rather than Alex, who would by default take my butt off for disobeying him.

I will remind him that I told him to call me if my sibs were giving me trouble but since we were already going to go to the park and we all knew that already, it was good that you solved the problem and would then chew out the sibs for giving me a hard time.

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stone Man

Marshall
Jake did a good job, and I can understand the crew driving him crazy and him exercising his judgement to take them where they wanted to be in the first place and it being a good place to let off steam.

My only request of Jake would be for him to give me a shout and explain the situation and his proposed remedy before unilaterally acting on it and me not knowing they were no longer at home.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:It wasn't very long ago that 13 year olds routinely looked after younger sibs.  And by not very long ago, I don't mean 100 years or even 50.

It sounds like Jake exercised (mostly) good judgment.  Everyone is safe and has been looked after.  While it is better to ask for permission than forgiveness, I'm going to limit any displeasure with Jake to telling him to be sure to call me first next time.  And I'm going to make sure he is aware how proud I am of him for taking such good care of his little brothers, and for turning what might have been a real problem into a non-problem.

I mostly agree except Jake should NOT have called me at work but made the decision himself, witch he did!

Iconoclast

Padraig

Trailboss
I will ruffle his hair, what will embarass him to death, and then go home changing. After I'm back I will give the younger ones a mild telling off for giving Jake a hard time and then we will have fun.

ivor

Marshall
I think Jake handled the problem very well.

I suspect neither my boss nor the important client would have been at all impressed had our essential meeting been interrupted by a call from one of my sons saying that the others were driving him crazy. By all means call if there was an emergency, but no for that.

Ice creams all round.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

db105

Trailboss
I'm not happy at all. It is a bad idea to have a 13 year old outdoors in charge of a bunch of younger children he can't really control, one of whom is 18 months old. If the youngest wasn't there it might be OK (depending on how the 5 year old behaves) but with him this is a recipe for disaster. A little boy that age is a challenge even for adults. Fortunately nothing happened. No one will be in trouble, because it seems to me that Jake was doing his best and following his best judgment, after I put him in a difficult situation. It's just that I don't think his best judgment is good enough yet. I am the one to blame here, and if something had happened to John I would probably have been charged.

From now on, if a situation like this comes up again I will need to make different arrangements.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Jack

Admin
The only problem with this scenario is me not telling my boss no. While I wouldn't have much trouble leaving the older four boys alone for a couple of hours, a toddler makes it just too much. I think I dropped a huge problem on Jake, and he did a great job. Me nitpicking him or expecting him to remember everything I said to him in the five minutes before I abandoned him is just petty.

He did a great job, and I'm telling him so.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Poor Jake.

He handled things so well he's likely to get that job again. Very Happy 

If it does happen again though he'll have authority. He'll be assured of my full support and the others will be on a stern warning their pants will be heading south should Jake finger them on my return.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I join the consensus that this is not an occasion for a spanking or any other sort of punishment. Jake did well and deserves my approval rather than my censure. I also take Ivor's point that a call from Jake would have been quite awkward for anything less than a real emergency; and like Daniel and Jack, I think I should have told the boss that coming in to work in these circumstances was impossible.

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
To add to my post:

Since my boss was requiring my presence in some sort of commercial crisis I think (without knowing the actual circumstances)  that I would reluctantly have agreed after explaining my circumstances and pre-warning him that I may have to leave abruptly on account of a "family emergency"

Jake showed excellent judgement re the need to call me.  There is some sort of material  reward in the offing for him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Pi Beta

Deputy
Jake is safe but I'm not so sure about Joel and Jerry. I accept that Jake did what was best in the circumstances and I'm not upset that he didn't make contact since I was in a business meeting, though perhaps a text might have been wise.

At their age, Joel and Jerry should have given Jake more support in looking after the youngest two, not caused him grief, so they'll need to convince me that a mild spanking isn't in order for them. Maybe I'll ask Jake to "order" his four siblings according to the amount of disorder each caused him!

squarecutter

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:Jake did a good job, and I can understand the crew driving him crazy and him exercising his judgement to take them where they wanted to be in the first place and it being a good place to let off steam.

My only request of Jake would be for him to give me a shout and explain the situation and his proposed remedy before unilaterally acting on it and me not knowing they were no longer at home.

I think my not knowing is the point but it was a judgement call. Not sure given the preamble wy they couldn't all have gone to the park anyway rather than battening down the hatches at home

ivor

Marshall
I think I should congratulate Jake for dealing so effectively with what amounted to gorilla warfare with all the monkeying around from his brothers. Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum