You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/22/14 "Casey At Bat" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 5/22/14 "Casey At Bat" A DMK Production on Wed May 21, 2014 6:07 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
CASEY AT BAT
A DMK Production

Your thirteen year old son, Casey, is still very much subject to spanking if needed.  Casey is very athletic and competitive.  Casey plays baseball at a local little league.

Today there is a full slate of games at the ball park.  Casey's game is the first one for the day.  You and Casey have plans to stay and  see several more games after his game concludes. Casey's team is at bat first.  The bases are loaded and Casey is batting fourth. Casey is very good for his age (hence batting clean-up) and the cheering crowd is anticipating a grand slam or at least an RBI or two.

The plate umpire is abysmal but, despite the umpire's inability to know the difference between a strike and a ball, the previous three batters all managed hits and managed to make it to base. Casey is at bat and two obvious balls are called as strikes.  Casey is getting very agitated and the coach is out of the dug out getting ready to say something. Things calm down when the ump calls the next three pitches as balls.  Casey now has a full count.  The pitch comes in and it is far outside the box and the umpire yells out, "Strike three, the batter's out!" Casey becomes livid and starts yelling and cursing at the umpire before the coach is able to make it on to the scene.  By the time the coach makes it to the plate Casey is having nothing short of a meltdown on the umpire and is kicking dirt on him. The first base umpire intervenes and ejects Casey from the game.  The game is played under protest as the coach has filed an appeal with the league but Casey is still out of the game.  Casey's team ends up losing by one run.

After Casey is ejected you catch up with him and pull him aside.  You tell him that the call was bad but that he handled it horribly wrong and should have let the coach take care of the matter.  Casey is still livid and so you and he take a walk and talk and Casey seems to calm down.  You and he sit in the stands to finish watching the game.  When his team loses Casey becomes angry again and starts screaming at the plate umpire from the stands.  You  take Casey away quickly for another private talk. You finally tell Casey that he is taking things way too far and that he needs to let the coaches and league officials handle things.  You threaten Casey with a spanking if he can't get his attitude under control.  He calms down and promises there will be no more problems for the day.  You and Casey watch the next game and all goes well.  

You step away for a trip to the concession stand and rest room at the start of the third game for the day and return to see:

CASEY - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The problematic umpire is again behind the plate and Casey is jeering and cussing at him through the fence despite your warnings to let it go.

What do you do? Has the mighty Casey finally struck out?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Casey must learn that I mean what I say. I've tried to reason with him more than once. Now we are going home and he will get the spanking I threatened.

Kat

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Casey is Justifiably unhappy. So I will do what I should have done first: I will take Casey to the rifle range, hopefully he will calm down during the 60 mile drive to the range.

Iconoclast

1strappedboy

Sherrif
He is justifiably unhappy, but he needs to learn how to deal with life's inevitable unfair happening with some grace. I have allowed him to vent more than sufficiently and told him 'no more'.

This is simple disobedience on my view and we all know what that buys at our house!!  Twisted Evil 

John Boy

Sherrif
Mighty Casey has struck out and we shall be having a long talk at home followed by a thorough "TALK"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
I've commiserated and counseled Casey. He has been warned that continued negative behavior will result in him being spanked.

I will take Casey home and keep my promise to spank him as long and as harshly as I need to be for him to feel thoroughly punished.

AFinch

Sherrif
I never should have let this go so far. When he was ejected, we should have gone home.

That said, he was told enough, and he's continued to push the envelope. Life isn't always (or even usually) fair. Better he learn that now. Better also that he know that I mean what I say.

We're going home now. Once there, we're going to talk. I'm going to make it perfectly clear that if he can't play without having meltdowns, he won't be playing at all. And then I'm going to punctuate that conversation with the promised spanking.

As an aside, I had a friend growing up who did exactly what Casey did. He was 14. His mother bared his bottom and spanked him ON second base after he was called out and melted down (and it WAS a bad call). I'm not advocating that, but it DID make a lasting impression on everyone who saw it.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I never should have let this go so far.  When he was ejected, we should have gone home.

I totally agree with this point. Surely I know my boy well enough to realize that the day was not going to go well.

Had I done this when I should have then Icono's idea of an alternate activity to redirect Casey's frustration would have been a good idea.

Sadly I allowed Casey to stay at the park BUT despite MY shortcoming Casey still has some ownership of the problem. We will head home and discuss the issue yet again on the ride home. Once home then Casey will get the promised spanking and, like Dimitri, I see that the issue has crossed the line in to disobedience. I do not think the spanking needs to be severe but Casey does need to feel the consequences of his actions.

After Casey has recovered then we will see about salvaging the day with an alternate activity.

I also owe it to my boy to follow up with the coaches and league officials to do my part to make sure this "blind" umpire does not officiate any more games in our league.

ivor

Marshall
"Casey is Justifiably unhappy. So I will do what I should have done first: I will take Casey to the rifle range."

Iconoclast

And shoot him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
My talks have clearly failed to cure his tantrums so we'll go home and get my trusty strap on the case(y)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Yep Casey has chirped his last today. We are going home and Casey will feel leather on his backside

Jack

Admin
Reading all the way through, I think I made a mistake. Casey and I should have left for a bit, for some calm down time. Leaving him in that environment let things stay too fresh.

Having said that, yeah, we're going home and he's getting spanked. That's as much for the cussing as the disobedience. If he'd just been jeering, I wouldn't have said as much. I'm going to make sure Case knows that as well.

As it is, it's easy to say he should have behaved better, but it's hard for an adult to have something stolen from him by an idiot who has no idea what he's doing and no justification for the position he's in. For a 13-year old... Still, it's my job to help him learn how he should act, and that includes not letting him give in to the lowest common denominator.

13 Re: BOTD 5/22/14 "Casey At Bat" A DMK Production on Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 am

AFinch

Sherrif
Jack wrote:... but it's hard for an adult to have something stolen from him by an idiot who has no idea what he's doing and no justification for the position he's in.  For a 13-year old...  Still, it's my job to help him learn how he should act, and that includes not letting him give in to the lowest common denominator.

Actually, I just had this situation in my own life. Much as I wanted to physically wipe the smirk off the insurance company's "Claims Rep's" face (what's do you call 300 lawyers at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean? A: a good start) and tell the Judge just exactly what I thought of a justice system that allows insurance companies to do what was done on the basis of "legal technicalities", I picked up my compiled documentation and walked quietly, if furiously, out of the room. Better for Casey to learn that now. Had I given in to my justifiable desires, I'd still be sitting in a jail cell.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum