Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Jack

Admin
Like most boys - especially those in early adolescence - your 12-year old son, Van, can sometimes be a saint, and sometimes a sinner.  

Today he was both.

The good:

When you arrived home, he'd organized some of the bigger boys to help him.  He'd had them dismantle his indoor rabbit hutch and take it outside.  Some of the younger boys had taken his rabbits for a walk (he's  trained them to the leash) along with the dogs.  With help from some of the bigger boys, he'd scrubbed the cage down, cleaned behind and beneath where the hutch usually goes, cleaned all the gear that goes in the hutch, and was in the process of getting everything put back together.

You had mentioned to him that you wanted to do this, but only once, and you hadn't put any kind of time frame on it.

The Van
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Bad:

Last week, when you were out of town, Van dug into your CD collection.  He's allowed to take two out at a time.  Instead, he had more than 30 out, and they were spread between his bedroom, the piano downstairs, and the garage, where the boys' band practices.  You were seriously thinking about spanking him... right up until the boys dropped their early Father's Day surprise on you.  He did not get spanked.  He was grounded from your library for a week and required to re-shelf all of them, making sure they were in proper order.

After complementing Van on getting that done, and checking to see what the other boys were into, you went to check your e-mail.  In your office, all four Gorillaz' CDs (which Van had recently expressed interest in) were sitting next to your computer, along with the cable to connect his mp3 player to a computer.  For the record, not only is 4 CDs more than he's supposed to get at one time, he's also not supposed to be using your computer or being in your office without permission.

How do you deal with little, blond Saint Devil?

Last edited by Jack on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:50 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to ask him about, and then remind him about the rules and numbers of CDs one is allowed to take at one time. I'm going to ask them about the cable and mp3 player, and specifically ask to which computer it had been connected (or if it had been at all). If the answer is it hasn't yet been, I'm going to check the mp3 player and see for myself that's true. If no exchange has (yet) taken place, I'm going to consider the issue pretty minor. If he's lied about it, he's toast. Either way, I'm going to remind him about the "no using my computer without permission" (and password lock it if I haven't already, and change the password if I have).

I'm going to remind him that we just HAD this issue a week ago, and that he dodged a bullet then. And then I'm going to ask him what HE thinks should happen. My guess is that he's going to be harder on himself than I would be.

If he's been honest, and if he hasn't accessed my computer, he'll get a telling off punctuated with a few stingoors. If he's used the computer without permission, he'll get enough of a spanking to remember not to do that again (though he won't be able to with a PW lock on the system). And if he's lied to me...well, OW.

3 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:10 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Sad ...VAN!

The cd thing I guess really needs to be addressed as it was only last week that he dodged that spanking bullet....

scratch ...it says all that was next to your office? Like on a table outside or was it really in your office but close to the computer?

If it was in your office them I'm with kier on asking questions.....if he just set them there for you to get to them later I'll just remind him of the no being in my office rule.....if he did down load well then I'm sorry van but your toast!

4 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Jack

Admin
kalico wrote: scratch ...it says all that was next to your office? Like on a table outside or was it really in your office but close to the computer?

I must have been distracted while typing it. I re-worded it a bit for clarity; however, it was sitting next to the computer in my office.

Also, and this is why I was kind of ticked off beyond what the scenario might suggest, the CDs had been removed from their cases and not returned. I always treat my CDs with extreme care, and expect them to be treated the same by others.

5 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:49 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Distracted by the sound of one hand clapping, and the attendant "ambient" noise. Guess we'll hear about it on the spankorama tomorrow.

6 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:08 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
sounds like there might be a symphony of spanks.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Place an old computer in your library with a DVD reader and a separate DVD writer as well as the software to convert CDs to MP3s (called ripping). Also make sure it has assessable USB ports and the software for these operations. This computer does not need to be connected to the internet.

This computer will be able to read, write and copy CDs and DVDs.

There should be no more reason to remove original CDs and DVDs from your library.

Iconoclast

8 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Glad I read the 'clarifier'.

I was going to let him off a stern warning perhaps punctuated by a swat. Now that I fully understand the situation, I'm afraid he's bought himself a ticket on the red rear express! While it won't be 'of the century caliber' it will be enough of one to make him not want a repeat for this anytime too soon.

9 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:17 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I'm going to ask him about, and then remind him about the rules and numbers of CDs one is allowed to take at one time.  I'm going to ask them about the cable and mp3 player, and specifically ask to which computer it had been connected (or if it had been at all).  If the answer is it hasn't yet been, I'm going to check the mp3 player and see for myself that's true.  If no exchange has (yet) taken place, I'm going to consider the issue pretty minor.  If he's lied about it, he's toast.  Either way, I'm going to remind him about the "no using my computer without permission" (and password lock it if I haven't already, and change the password if I have).

I'm going to remind him that we just HAD this issue a week ago, and that he dodged a bullet then.  And then I'm going to ask him what HE thinks should happen.  My guess is that he's going to be harder on himself than I would be.

If he's been honest, and if he hasn't accessed my computer, he'll get a telling off punctuated with a few stingoors.  If he's used the computer without permission, he'll get enough of a spanking to remember not to do that again (though he won't be able to with a PW lock on the system).  And if he's lied to me...well, OW.

I agree with Kier.

10 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 am

Padraig

Trailboss
Technically he didn't remove the cds from the libary, as far as I understand, but if he went in without permission he bought himself a warm rear. If he used the computer without permission too, it will get hot.

11 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 am

Jack

Admin
Padraig wrote:Technically he didn't remove the cds from the libary, as far as I understand

The office and the library are nearby, but they are separate places.

Iconoclast wrote:Place an old computer in your library with a DVD reader and a separate DVD writer as well as the software to convert CDs to MP3s (called ripping). Also make sure it has assessable USB ports and the software for these operations. This computer does not need to be connected to the internet.

Since they really aren't supposed to be in my library without permission, and since there's not a real good place to do that, it doesn't really help the situation, as well as totally ignoring what's actually happened.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm going to leave things go a bit longer before answering, to see if anyone else posts.

12 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
We'll talk and see how he reacts to his omissions and commisions. Unless he lies to me, I'll give him a choice between a spanking and extra chores of a tidying, cleaning and putting away nature - maybe in a workshop or food cupboards.

13 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:23 am

Kai

Deputy
Sorry Van, but you're toast Sad
Because you got an one off only a few days ago you need to get the full treatment for exceeding your special CD privileges AGAIN and invading my office space.
I am nearly thinking about revoking your special privileges for a week but that depends on your words of realization.
After the nasty business is done we will have a good cuddle and you will get lots of praise and recognition for your good deeds.
I hope you'll learn that a good deed not always can wipe out your sins and shortcomings but I will (hopefully) never fail to see the good boy you are.

14 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:21 am

mahoover

Cowboy
There are two things from the scenario that aren't clear to me, that I think matter. The first is that he was grounded from the library for a week, a week ago. If the grounding hasn't expired already, he is in for an upgraded spanking. If the grounding has expired, then the next question comes into play. You said 4 CDs were out, but how many CD cases are involved? If it was 4 CDs from a single case, or two double CD cases, I can see kid think saying that that is 2 CDs. If there are more than 2 CD cases, once again he is toast, but he wouldn't get an upgraded spanking. If there are only two CD cases, I will talk with him, and make sure that he understands I mean CDs, and not CD cases when counting how many CDs are out. And I would point out that the reason I don't allow most of the boys to mess with the CDs is that they get left out, and he left them out. So he is pushing getting his privileges revoked permanently. In this case a few swats with my hand on his jeans to let him know that he had a close call.

Then we come to the office and the computer. I will ask him if he used it, and see what he has to say. Assuming he used it and owns up to it, he will get the standard lecture about respecting other people's things. And assuming that he did use the computer, his spanking from above will be a little warmer if he owned up, or a lot warmer if he tried to cover it up.

15 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:56 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:I'm going to ask him about, and then remind him about the rules and numbers of CDs one is allowed to take at one time.  I'm going to ask them about the cable and mp3 player, and specifically ask to which computer it had been connected (or if it had been at all).  If the answer is it hasn't yet been, I'm going to check the mp3 player and see for myself that's true.  If no exchange has (yet) taken place, I'm going to consider the issue pretty minor.  If he's lied about it, he's toast.  Either way, I'm going to remind him about the "no using my computer without permission" (and password lock it if I haven't already, and change the password if I have).

I'm going to remind him that we just HAD this issue a week ago, and that he dodged a bullet then.  And then I'm going to ask him what HE thinks should happen.  My guess is that he's going to be harder on himself than I would be.

If he's been honest, and if he hasn't accessed my computer, he'll get a telling off punctuated with a few stingoors.  If he's used the computer without permission, he'll get enough of a spanking to remember not to do that again (though he won't be able to with a PW lock on the system).  And if he's lied to me...well, OW.

Kier Your grasp of essentials here leaves me nothing to add. Van seems a  very complicated but charming young man

16 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:38 am

Jack

Admin
mahoover wrote:There are two things from the scenario that aren't clear to me, that I think matter.  The first is that he was grounded from the library for a week, a week ago.  If the grounding hasn't expired already, he is in for an upgraded spanking.  If the grounding has expired, then the next question comes into play.  You said 4 CDs were out, but how many CD cases are involved?  If it was 4 CDs from a single case, or two double CD cases, I can see kid think saying that that is 2 CDs.  If there are more than 2 CD cases, once again he is toast, but he wouldn't get an upgraded spanking.  If there are only two CD cases, I will talk with him, and make sure that he understands I mean CDs, and not CD cases when counting how many CDs are out.

In answer to the two questions:

1) His grounding started on Monday, so it was over when this occurred.

2) When I say CD's, I mean albums (or CD cases, to use the terminology you use).  I would count the White Album or Goodbye Yellow Brick Road as one album.

AFinch wrote:I'm going to remind him about the "no using my computer without permission" (and password lock it if I haven't already, and change the password if I have).

For a variety of reasons, there is a 'family account' on my computer. It has very limited access, but it is there for the kids to do some thing they can't do on the normal family computers... as long as they have permission first.

17 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Jack

Admin
Time to bring this to a close and update the Spankorama.

When I posted this, I hadn't handled the manner, which was probably part of the reason it was a bit unclear on some of the details. At 12, I feel Van is old enough to wait a while to have something dealt with. With a little one, I'd worry that he would forget the details or not connect the action with the consequence. While I'd hate to leave a 12-year old in dread for most of a day over something that's really pretty minor, I think waiting to bring it up is fine, and I think it was probably better for him, with not having to have friends around when it happened.

He did finally come back and put the albums away, but it had to have been right before or after dinner, so at least six hours after he'd gotten them out. I'd taken a picture and kept his cable, so there was no question about what had happened.

I did tell him that, if he'd come into the office while I was there with four albums, ripped them, then put them back, I wouldn't have had a problem, since it's not quite the same as taking them elsewhere. That's not really what he did, though.

We talked about each thing, and we agreed that he had done three things - either taking too many CDs or not caring for them properly, using my office, then my computer without permission.

I wanted this to make a good impression on him, but not to be too drawn out, so I suggested a school-style paddling, like the older boys usually get, with a progressive penalty - one swat for the first offense, which means he received six swats total.

I used the small Lexan, which is a bit smaller than a normal novelty paddle. It's a bit small for that action with him, but he's never had Lexan before or been paddled by me in that manner, so I thought it was fair.

He had trouble staying still, even with me holding him down a bit, and he was making lots of noise during the paddling, and crying afterwards, but he survived and was able to settle down pretty quickly, despite complaints of how long that paddle made his rear burn.

We talked a bit more this morning about respecting other peoples stuff, and I made sure to tell him how happy I am that he enjoys music as much as he does, but that he needs to remember that I'm trying to teach him rules that will help him in future relationships and jobs. I think we understand each other now.

18 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm late to the party, so all posts considered I find I must agree with Jack  Rolling Eyes 

19 Re: 4 June 2014: Good Boy/Bad Boy on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Van uses a Lexan paddle with his kids and I am amazed at the sting that thing generates!  I'm sure your Van will remember this for some time to come.  All things considered, a good outcome.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum