Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-06-2014 A Blast From the Past - If you Break IT, You've Bought It 1975 - Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
A Blast from the Past – If You Break It, You’ve Bought It – 1975
A Kat Production

You receive a phone call from the manager of a five-and-dime store that is popular with the kids in your small town. Your ten-year-old son Antonio was roughhousing with a friend of his when the two of them broke a lamp. The friend ran off but Antonio stayed to face the music, even though he has no money to pay for the $10 item.

Antonio 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It seems that the boys had each picked up one of the novelty paddles the store sells and were trying to swat one another with it. Will you buy the Applied Psychology paddle that Antonio was playing with to give him a real punishment, or will you handle the situation in another way? Does he get any consideration for not running off?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'm taking it out of his allowance .. no spanking.. I'm kind of proud of him!

John Boy

Sherrif
I'm still deciding on the spanking. The money can come out of his allowance and I will give him plenty of praise for accepting responsibility.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
If it were today, I'd agree with Skater. And in 1975, I'd have wished Skater were my dad.

"You're 10 years old. You're old enough to know not to rough house in a store. Now it's going to cost me ten dollars. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know." And the fact that the boys were TRYING to swat each other with the novelty paddles..."you like paddles so much. I'LL show you paddles."

Given the time of the scenario, I'm afraid Tonio will be making a different kind of music. I will, however, let him know that I'm proud of him for staying and accepting responsibility, and that will mitigate his session with his new paddle. Which will be little consolation...when I was ten, even spanking I got was "the worst one ever".

Stone Man

Marshall
AFinch wrote:If it were today, I'd agree with Skater.  And in 1975, I'd have wished Skater were my dad.

"You're 10 years old.  You're old enough to know not to rough house in a store.  Now it's going to cost me ten dollars.  Money doesn't grow on trees, you know."  And the fact that the boys were TRYING to swat each other with the novelty paddles..."you like paddles so much.  I'LL show you paddles."

Given the time of the scenario, I'm afraid Tonio will be making a different kind of music.  I will, however, let him know that I'm proud of him for staying and accepting responsibility, and that will mitigate his session with his new paddle.  Which will be little consolation...when I was ten, even spanking I got was "the worst one ever".

Well put, Kier and I agree.... Even with the last line.  Laughing 

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yeah, Kier's right.

AFinch

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
AFinch wrote:If it were today, I'd agree with Skater.  And in 1975, I'd have wished Skater were my dad.

"You're 10 years old.  You're old enough to know not to rough house in a store.  Now it's going to cost me ten dollars.  Money doesn't grow on trees, you know."  And the fact that the boys were TRYING to swat each other with the novelty paddles..."you like paddles so much.  I'LL show you paddles."

Given the time of the scenario, I'm afraid Tonio will be making a different kind of music.  I will, however, let him know that I'm proud of him for staying and accepting responsibility, and that will mitigate his session with his new paddle.  Which will be little consolation...when I was ten, every spanking I got was "the worst one ever".

Well put, Kier and I agree.... Even with the last line.  Laughing 

Padraig

Trailboss
I'll join the queue.

ivor

Marshall
For 1975 I think Kier's answer is the more likely and that when we get home Antonio's butt will be lit up with his new paddle.

I hope though I'd go a bit easy for not running off and admitting his 'crime'.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Ah yes! 1975.  Cool  I remember it well. It's getting a bit hazy now though.  scratch  scratch   Crying or Very sad 

Anyway, I'm going to whack them.

Kai

Deputy
Padraig wrote:I'll join the queue.
So we are four now?

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am proud of him for not running away.and as a result I won't be spanking. The 10 dollars will be coming from his allowance ( a not inconsiderable imposition in 1975) and to enhance the lesson about how not to behave in shops I will be buying the paddle he was whirling around. I'm sure there will be a time to put it to good use Evil or Very Mad

Jack

Admin
I ran afoul of one of the 'you break it, you bought it' rules. I thought they were total BS then, and I think courts have rules against them now.

HOWEVER, the fact that they were rough housing is something else entirely. Antonio has been taught how to behave in different places, and he knows that's not allowed.

So yeah, I'm paying for the lamp (either reducing his allowance and giving him chores to pay off his share of it), and buying the paddle as well. After all, it never hurts to have another for my collection.

Maybe I should buy one for his friend's dad, too?  Twisted Evil 

Kai

Deputy
Jack wrote:Maybe I should buy one for his friend's dad, too?  Twisted Evil 
Well, the DAD might be thankful ...

squarecutter

Sherrif
There was a Springsteen song from his album THE RIVER about this era

'You can look but you better not touch boy'

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm swimming against the tide and going with Skateski. I think most parents probably would punish Antonio in 1975, but even then there were exceptions.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
If 1955, a spanking would be about 90% certain; by 1975, I thing that would have fallen to about 40 to 50%. Much would depend upon the finances of the family (and thus pocket money allocation), whether $10 would be a minor inconvenience or a major disaster.

The spanking, if any, would be more for the larking around than the fact that something got broken but would be reduced in its intensity by his willingness to stay and face the music.

1strappedboy

Sherrif

Given the time of the scenario, I'm afraid Tonio will be making a different kind of music.  I will, however, let him know that I'm proud of him for staying and accepting responsibility, and that will mitigate his session with his new paddle.  Which will be little consolation...when I was ten, even spanking I got was "the worst one ever".

AGREED! Though I only thought that when I was 10. Much worse was to come.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am hazarding a guess that a Texan kid would be in a lot more danger of a paddling in 1975 than a Bostonian kid and that it would be in the region of 50/50 or even more in a kids favour that an English ten year old would feel the back of his dads hand

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum