You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-07-2014 Robbie the Rude - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Robbie the Rude
An Ivor Production

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is your 11 year old son Robbie with his best friend John who lives a couple of doors away. We are back in the late 50s so both boys are accustomed to being spanked for wrongdoings.

Robbie thought it would be fun to 'tattoo' John today. Unfortunately he included a rude word which John didn't know about, but John's mum saw when he was getting into the bath that evening.

His father offered him a choice, tell him who wrote it and he'd just get a hand spanking but keep quiet and he'd get his first taste of the belt.

John told - and now his father is at your front door suggesting that you should give Robbie the belt for writing that word on his son's back. You've never given Robbie the belt before - is this going to be the firs time?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Hey I learned from yesterday.. first taste of the belt it is!

AFinch

Sherrif
It's the 50's. You've seen A Christmas Story (which was the 40's, I think). In the period in which this is set, yes, Robbie is going to get his first taste of the belt.

In the here and now, or even in the early 80's when my own were kids, no one is going to tell me when or how to punish my kid.

And even in the 50's, I'm not sure a dad would have punished a kid for having something "rude" he didn't know about written on his back.

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:It's the 50's.  You've seen A Christmas Story (which was the 40's, I think). In the period in which this is set, yes, Robbie is going to get his first taste of the belt.

In the here and now, or even in the early 80's when my own were kids, no one is going to tell me when or how to punish my kid.  

And even in the 50's, I'm not sure a dad would have punished a kid for having something "rude" he didn't know about written on his back.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
John should not be spanked at all.  What did he do wrong?   Mad 

As Robbie's parent I will not let another person tell me how to deal with my son.  I really see this as no more than a harmless prank that deserves a lecture but, given the time period, I am sure a spanking would come of it so I see a few mild spanks to make my point but that is all.

Let boys be boys.

On edit: the idea that John would be spanked pisses me off. The kid had no idea what was done to him and it was done without his permission or knowledge or request. No where does it say he was forbidden from letting his friend draw on him. What kind of parent punishes an innocent boy?  Mad 

Iconoclast

Trailboss
David M. Katz wrote:John should not be spanked at all.  What did he do wrong?   Mad 

As Robbie's parent I will not let another person tell me how to deal with my son.  I really see this as no more than a harmless prank that deserves a lecture but, given the time period, I am sure a spanking would come of it so I see a few mild spanks to make my point but that is all.

Let boys be boys.

On edit:  the idea that John would be spanked pisses me off.  The kid had no idea what was done to him and it was done without his permission or knowledge or request.  No where does it say he was forbidden from letting his friend draw on him. What kind of parent punishes an innocent boy?   Mad 

I agree David, you said it before I got a chance!!!

Iconoclast

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Ah, yes! The late 1950s. I remember them well.

Anyway, I'm going to whack them.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I dislike Johns Dad intensely.Bullying his son into snitching like this, I don't think that's playing by the rules. I will politely tell him that I make decisions on who gets belted in my home and if he has any pretences to being a gentleman he will leave it at that

Now . This needs delicate handling.  I don't wish these boys to fall out over this and belting my lad after being ratted out is bound to do this. I think the best way is equality of misery and I will tell Robbie what happened and give him a handspanking and tell him I hope he will understand why his friend ratted him out under pressure and not feel too betrayed.. Such Rudeness, even if harmless probably deserves punishment anyway

Jack

Admin
Wait, wait, wait.... You spanked your kid for having a word that he didn't know written on his back, and you expect me to take your advice about parenting?

I'll thank him for the information and promise to take care of it.

As for taking care of it... since I've heard everything from 'dummy' to f#$* and racial epitaphs described as 'rude words', I would have to have a little more information before deciding on whether the boy just needs a lecture about why this was a bad idea, a spanking, or something more serious. I honestly think that, when he realizes John was spanked because of his little joke, Robbie will be ready for the same thing himself... Maybe I should invite Robbie over to help  Twisted Evil 

Padraig

Trailboss
Poor Johnny is probably spanked for being an inconvenience to his father.

I don't think I need to escalate things to the belt.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Just let me say a word in defense of John's father: while the scenario states John didn't know about the rude word, I think from the photo (as well as common sense) John had to be complicit in the "tattooing". Perhaps John's father felt that in allowing a friend to write on his back, John acted irresponsibly.

I think both boys deserve the same treatment. No belt for Robbie, but he needs to share in the punishment his prank brought on his friend.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:Just let me say a word in defense of John's father: while the scenario states John didn't know about the rude word, I think from the photo (as well as common sense) John had to be complicit in the "tattooing". Perhaps John's father felt that in allowing a friend to write on his back, John acted irresponsibly.

I dunno, Kat.

One of the problems with the scenarios is that they're usually written in third-person, omniscient, so when something is left out, you tend to assume it wasn't there. I personally can't see spanking a boy for letting a friend 'tattoo' him in a non-permanent way, especially not somewhere that's it's easily hidden. As a parent, I think I'd be able to tell if my son was really surprised to learn what was on his back or not, but you could still have a point.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Unless the "tattoo" was observed almost immediately after it was written, I'd be surprised if John hadn't found a mirror to see what had been written on his back.

kalico

Sherrif
NO SPANKING...on my end!

Personaly I think the mom should have just washed it off and a talk of not letting your friends be wtiting on you... I do think it was good to let me, the other parent know but I honestly don't think this should be a federal case......

I do think I need to talk to my son about the word or slur...at least make sure he knows what it means and If he doesn't then I need to explain.....at this age they might not know the full meaning.

The writing in it self doesn't bother me....we girls used to write on each other all the time ...especialy with boring teachers

Hugs kal

ivor

Marshall
Perhaps I should quit seeking out non portrait pics and then trying to come up with scenarios that (sort of) fit them.

This for instance, is a scenario that I would never have come up with for a 'standard' portrait picture.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:Perhaps I should quit seeking out non portrait pics and then trying to come up with scenarios that (sort of) fit them.

This for instance, is a scenario that I would never have come up with for a 'standard' portrait picture.

I think it's kind of interesting to see how different people interpret them.

In my response to Kat, I honestly think that if I'd told one of my kids what was on his back, I would have been able to tell if he was really surprised or not. However, it leaves me wondering if Mom was so offended by the word she didn't care, or if Dad had the same idea Padraig did, or if these are just parents I'd find ridiculously harsh and over-bearing.

I don't think it's really possible to write a scenario that's perfect for everyone. No matter how you balance and manipulate it, people will have different reactions and be looking for different information. I think the real point is how much people happen to discuss why they disagree in a certain case.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:Perhaps I should quit seeking out non portrait pics and then trying to come up with scenarios that (sort of) fit them.

In my response to Kat, I honestly think that if I'd told one of my kids what was on his back, I would have been able to tell if he was really surprised or not.  However, it leaves me wondering if Mom was so offended by the word she didn't care, or if Dad had the same idea Padraig did, or if these are just parents I'd find ridiculously harsh and over-bearing.

I don't think it's really possible to write a scenario that's perfect for everyone.  No matter how you balance and manipulate it, people will have different reactions and be looking for different information.  I think the real point is how much people happen to discuss why they disagree in a certain case.

ivor,

I agree with Jack. Just continue to do as you're doing. If anything it gives us good discussion fodder. I took strong offense to this particular parent but I took no offense at the picture or the scenario in and of itself. There are all types in the world and often we need to be exposed to them. I say maintain the status quo.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie wonders offhand exactly why an eleven year old needs supervision by his mother while taking a bath... is there something kinky in that family????

I'd have died before letting my mother into the bathroom with me at that age...

Especially since I was well into puberty at eleven and all...

Stevie...  Twisted Evil 

Jack

Admin
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie wonders offhand exactly why an eleven year old needs supervision by his mother while taking a bath... is there something kinky in that family????

Stevie...   Twisted Evil 

Stevie, I had the same thought. However, my step-brothers often ran around the house in their underwear at that age and older, and I often went shirtless, so I decided it was a non-issue. I think the scenario said he was 'getting ready' for his bath when she noticed, not that he was in it.

Stone Man

Marshall
I will be telling John's dad that he took care of his son as he saw fit and that I would be taking care of my boy likewise. I will not be telling John's dad how wrong I think he was in spanking his boy for a rude word that John had no part in producing.

I will NOT be taking the belt to Robbie. Spanking him is more likely, particularly when I tell my boy what has happened to John because of what he'd "tattooed" on his friends back. There will be a time for discussion and a time for punishment, each moderated by what is needed.

Stone Man

Marshall
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie wonders offhand exactly why an eleven year old needs supervision by his mother while taking a bath... is there something kinky in that family????

Stevie...   Twisted Evil 

At eleven puberty was years away for me, and there were times that I was filthy enough that expert assistance was needed to get the desired, from a parental standpoint, result. That usually meant MOM. So I didn't flinch a bit on reading this.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:

In my response to Kat, I honestly think that if I'd told one of my kids what was on his back, I would have been able to tell if he was really surprised or not.  However, it leaves me wondering if Mom was so offended by the word she didn't care, or if Dad had the same idea Padraig did, or if these are just parents I'd find ridiculously harsh and over-bearing.

I don't think it's really possible to write a scenario that's perfect for everyone.  No matter how you balance and manipulate it, people will have different reactions and be looking for different information.  I think the real point is how much people happen to discuss why they disagree in a certain case.
I think the way I've looked at these is whatever I may feel about parental mores and the way people handle their kids I try to go with whats presented in the scenario and be the person with the decision to make using what I've been told about hm/her, to get in character.  If presented, particularly with a "blast from the past" I try to forget what people think in 2014 and revert back to the era in question. What I as a 1930s, 50s, 70s parent would probably have done. All scenarios can be picked at but to me its not the point of the exercise That is not to say you cannot add a personal view on what an ovrbearing/wimpish/illogical so and so you think a parent may be.

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:
Jack wrote:

I think the way I've looked at these is whatever I may feel about parental mores and the way people handle their kids I try to go with whats presented in the scenario and be the person with the decision to make using what I've been told about hm/her, to get in character.  If presented, particularly with a "blast from the past" I try to forget what people think in 2014 and revert back to the era in question. What I as a 1930s, 50s, 70s parent would probably have done. All scenarios can be picked at but to me its not the point of the exercise That is not to say you cannot add a personal view on what an ovrbearing/wimpish/illogical so and so you think a parent may be.

That's true, but in this case, it's not the 'you' in the scenario. There have been some BOTDs I've just skipped, because I could not get into the head space of the person presented that time. In this case, you had someone come up to you, telling you that they'd been (what I see as) ridiculously harsh on their kid, and that they expected you to be the same.

I don't see the discussion in this case as being picking the scenario apart (though that has happened in the past, i know), so much as I see it reacting to an overbearing character in the scenario.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum