Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

9 June 2014 - Law of the Land

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Jack

Admin
Your son, Lachland, is 12.  In your humble, but admittedly biased, opinion, he's a good-looking, talented, athletic, and smart boy.  Unfortunately, he's also stubborn as mule made of rock -- something he obviously got from your spouses side of the family.  You've used everything with him from corner time, to short term groundings, to extra chores, to various restrictions.  What you find works best in helping him remember that he can't always do what he wants is a sore bottom - and the two of you have tried that in a number of ways as well.  You find that taking him over your lap for a session with your hand or a paddle on his bare rear works best, because it reminds him that he's still a boy.  He prefers bending over for your belt, because he feels going over your lap is too childish.

One of the big conflicts the two of you have is safety equipment.  He knows for a fact that you never used it when you were a kid, and 'Grandpa says you aren't too brain damaged.'  You thought he'd finally given up on the argument after being spanked, over your lap, with a hairbrush, and losing his skateboard for a week.

This week, the family is on vacation.  You were headed down to the beach after lunch when you see...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, yeah, that's definitely Lach, and definitely no safety equipment.

He's going to fast to catch him, and it's pretty noisy, so you snap a quick pic.  When you get back to the condo, he's already there.  You show him the pic.

"But Dad, this city doesn't have a helmet law, so it's okay."

Is it?

If you check, the city really doesn't have a helmet law.

2 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:08 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Whether or not the city has a law on it, does not excuse the fact that I have a rule about it. We shall see which he prefers losing the board the rest of the trip along with him taking the belt. Or he can lose it for the rest of the day with yet another well placed childish spanking.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

3 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:18 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
There is nothing in the scenario to indicate that my insistence on safety equipment is because there is a city law. It sounds like it's my own rule, in which case it makes no difference what the local ordinances are.

Is that his board or a borrowed one? If it's his, he just lost it for the rest of the day. If it's borrowed, I'm reminding him of the safety rules.

Since I can't get through to his head, and since he persists in ACTING like a boy, he'll go otk. I'm sure there's A hairbrush, even if it isn't HIS hairbrush among our things.

4 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Even though I thought I was clear on the rule having naught to do with local law, I'm willing to give Lach a chance that boy think was responsible for his lack of equipment, while also making it clear that another instance of no equipment will mean no board for several days and no pants for a slightly shorter time.

OTK will suffice if needed, but if he insists I'm willing to put him on the bed after the OTK time and apply a belt to his backside as well.  Twisted Evil 

5 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:21 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Yup.....what the others have said before me sums is all up....he's toast!

hugs kal

6 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:55 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
The implication is that Lachland thinks I apply the safety rules because of the law so Kier I'm not quite sure I agree here. If that is Lachlands impression I will disabuse him of it with some stingers over my lap but it will be nothing too fierce, (Being on holiday is also a factor here), I will promise him much worse and that includes on vacations in locations without safety ordinances

7 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:30 am

ivor

Marshall
I take Square's point and also might take the chance to wonder if I'm not being over protective. Plus which we're on holiday so let's chill  Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:22 am

Jack

Admin
It really depends. Have I said something that would make Lach think I'm more worried about obeying the law than his safety in my requirements? The problem is that, knowing me, I just wouldn't be able to remember exactly what I'd said.

I think he's getting the benefit of the doubt this time, but with a very precise explanation of my expectations and what will happen next time.

9 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'll give Lach the benefit of the doubt this time, and I may consider relaxing the requirement for safety equipment for certain situations. Clearly he has to comply with local ordinances. If there is no ordinance in a place, I may allow him to dispense with equipment for simple skateboarding on a sidewalk. If he's doing tricks, particularly where there are ramps and half-pipes, the equipment becomes important. I expect I'll get better compliance if he can see why I have the rule. I think the rule is pretty hard to justify for simply skateboarding down a sidewalk, where he is very unlikely to have a fall result in anything more than road rash.

Kat

10 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Despite the fact that grandpa told him I wasn't too brain damaged, I want him not be at all. Besides, we didn't HAVE this stuff available in the general populace when I was kid so I have somewhat of an excuse. Lach doesn't have that convenient out and since we've already discussed this to the point of a spanking this now trends into what I see as deliberate dangerous disobedience. That is going to buy a few with the strop.

11 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
Is it his board or has he borrowed one? If it is his, did I check he brought his safety gear with him? If it is borrowed, could he borrow safety gear as well?

12 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Jack

Admin
I'm just going to add that what Kat says is pretty close to the rules I have in place here; and that Padraig makes a VERY good point (and one I hadn't considered when I wrote this).

13 Re: 9 June 2014 - Law of the Land on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
HOW DARE HE???? affraid 

He can don his helmet AT ONCE lest he rolls off my lap whilst I'm strapping him for such gross disregard of safety. Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum