a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 6/11/14 "A Fallen Angel?" A Dimitri 1Strapped Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
A Fallen Angel?
A Dimtri-1strappedboy Production

14 year old Jon is the family's sainthood candidate. He's very conscientious, polite, considerate and hates to get into trouble. When he does, a firm hand spanking generally is sufficient for him to have a reset. He only rarely meets your strop, and just a few licks are all he usually gets.

This morning you reminded him that it was his turn to mow the lawn and you had asked him once before to get it done. He apologized and told you he'd forgotten about it and he'd do it today. When you arrived home that evening, the grass was still not done. Coming into Jon's room, you remind him of his promise and he tells you he's just too busy right now to deal with it. You remind him that his chores are non-negotiable unless there's a school oriented activity that's preventing him from completing them. He tells you that he's going to a friend's house to practice some music-(non-school related). You tell him he can't go until the grass is done and his reply is to flash you the peace sign minus the index finger.

Jon - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After you pick your jaw from the floor, are you going to see if he's been invaded by aliens or are you doing something else?

John Boy

Sherrif
see if he has been body snatched then snatch his pants for a much overdue "talk"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Iconoclast

Trailboss
The lawn can wait, after all if God had wanted the grass to be short it would not grow long, I will not interfere with the will of God!

After all if Jon is normally conscientious, he deserves a break!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I assume this is one from real life.  And what happens next is a foregone conclusion.

"I used to have this sweet little kid
Now there's an alien up in his room
He used to talk now everything's hid
Something is changing....

I wish kids were less wearing
I wish they'd change their jeans
I wish I wasn't staring
At seven years of teens
Can't wait until it's over." (from Big, the Musical)

Strop it is.  And I'd be happy to have the seven years back. The issue isn't the lawn, it's the middle finger.

ivor

Marshall
I find it hard to believe that a normally conscientious boy, knowing what the consequences will be, would step so far out of line over something so minor.

Has he lost his marbles? Has he been put up to it?

Unless there is an excellent explanation and apology coming very shortly, I shall be conducting a solo courtesy of his bongos.  Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
ivor wrote:I find it hard to believe that a normally conscientious boy, knowing what the consequences will be, would step so far out of line over something so minor.

Has he lost his marbles? Has he been put up to it?

Unless there is an excellent explanation and apology coming very shortly, I shall be conducting a solo courtesy of his bongos.  Smile 

Those mischief eyes and disarming smile incline me towards a ditto.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
Honestly, this is normal teenage behavior. You are pushing him and not giving him any choices, and he's pushing back. The correct response is to sit down, quietly remind him that he could have done the lawn on his own time but chose not to, remind him how chores are helping him prepare for life. Once you've reminded him of these things (and maybe negotiated a bit more leeway in when he does the lawn), wear him out for his disobedience and disrespect. In my house, I think he'd be going over my lap for a session with Black.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jon gets it in the end.... On the end??

The scenario does read as a fact based story of a teenager doing a stupid, but that is a way that they learn. I wish I was as kid smart as Jack, but in all likelihood I'd have spanked and stropped first and become understanding later.

squarecutter

Sherrif
A few licks of the strop should reset those wings and Jon's not going anywhere till the grass is cut

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Even the best kids are going to have trying days when they hit this age. I don't think this is necessarily an issue that calls for the strop. I'm inclined towards Ivor's approach.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Stone Man wrote: I wish I was as kid smart as Jack...

You've raised three? Just ten or twelve more, and you'll be just fine.  Rolling Eyes 

kalico

Sherrif
Welcome to the teenage years ....they can make the most easy going and happy go lucky kids turn into little  Evil or Very Mad .......I agree he needs something for the disrespect.

hugs kal

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Yes, as usual this is reality based.  You must remember that Jon was the one kid of the four that WANTED/LONGED FOR a dad in his life.  This was much out of character for him!

I was stunned that my sainthood candidate actually 'flipped me off'.  It was very brief and then there was the OMG!! face as he realized what he'd just done.  When I recovered, I told him that since no one had seen this other than me (not his mom/brothers), I wanted him to go outside and cut the grass and "think about what you just did and to whom."

It was, in a way, rather heartbreaking as I watched him cut the grass because he was already teary when he left his room.  The poor kid was so tear stained by the time the lawn was finished that I KNEW he learned his lesson.

He knocked on the den door and when I let him in he apologized abjectly, saying that "it was a moment of rage and he almost didn't realize he'd done that until it was too late".  We had a very productive talk about controlling one's temper and so forth. In the end, he essentially begged for a spanking for this.  Fourteen meaty whacks from my large right paw reset the clock and gave him the closure he needed.  It never happened again!

John Boy

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:Yes, as usual this is reality based.  You must remember that Jon was the one kid of the four that WANTED/LONGED FOR a dad in his life.  This was much out of character for him!

I was stunned that my sainthood candidate actually 'flipped me off'.  It was very brief and then there was the OMG!! face as he realized what he'd just done.  When I recovered, I told him that since no one had seen this other than me (not his mom/brothers), I wanted him to go outside and cut the grass and "think about what you just did and to whom."

It was, in a way, rather heartbreaking as I watched him cut the grass because he was already teary when he left his room.  The poor kid was so tear stained by the time the lawn was finished that I KNEW he learned his lesson.

He knocked on the den door and when I let him in he apologized abjectly, saying that "it was a moment of rage and he almost didn't realize he'd done that until it was too late".  We had a very productive talk about controlling one's temper and so forth. In the end, he essentially begged for a spanking for this.  Fourteen meaty whacks from my large right paw reset the clock and gave him the closure he needed.  It never happened again!
Ouch glad everything worked out in the end.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:

You've raised three?  Just ten or twelve more, and you'll be just fine.   Rolling Eyes 

I was trying to figure out a number for you to include in my post. But once you pile in all the neighborhood kids I was just slightly shy of a million so decided to call it good.  Razz 

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:I was stunned that my sainthood candidate actually 'flipped me off'.  It was very brief and then there was the OMG!! face as he realized what he'd just done.

That's another good reason to tell the kids not to get to comfortable making gestures like that and using offensive language. It might be okay in some cases, but you can get in big trouble if it becomes reflexive.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Quite right about that in any case Jack, but my SAINTHOOD boy?!?! Of all the kids in the world, never mind my family, this was the LAST kid I'd expect this from!!

Jack

Admin
I was talking to my mom a bit today. She's been having breathing troubles recently, and she has high blood pressure, so they had her take a stress test.

We talked about that a couple of minutes (no conclusions yet), then talked about a couple of other things. I'm not sure what we were saying, but I said, 'Damnit'.

She said, 'did you just say 'damn it'?

I said, "Yes, and you cuss like a sailor, so I don't want to hear anything about it."

Her reply was, "I cuss like a sailor, but I could probably count the number of times I've heard you cuss on one hand."

"That's because I don't curse around you."

She wouldn't believe that was it.

John Boy

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
Jack wrote:

You've raised three?  Just ten or twelve more, and you'll be just fine.   Rolling Eyes 

I was trying to figure out a number for you to include in my post. But once you pile in all the neighborhood kids I was just slightly shy of a million so decided to call it good.  Razz 
LOL ROTFLOL Laughing lol!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum