a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-27-14 Punishment Completed? A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
PUNISHMENT COMPLETED?
A Leti Production

Your son, Ruben (11,) is typically a very well behaved kid but he got in trouble at school and was asked to sit with the teachers at lunchtime. He obeyed the teacher and went to sit with them, but the teachers like to talk about a lot of things during that time, and found that having him there was not letting them really 'talk', so they let him go a sit with his friends.

Ruben - 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No message was sent home nor will he have to serve detention at another time. Ruben tells you about it once you arrive home. He feels a little guilty as he did not completed the time out. You do not think that trouble in school means also trouble at home. You usually let the school handle the misbehavior.

Are you going to add something, or just tell him to behave better at school?

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to tell him to behave better at school.

I don't think anything further is needed.

John Boy

Sherrif
If I let the school handle it then I will leave it at that; however if he is still feeling guilty maybe a letter of apology to the teacher who assigned the lunch detention might help ease his conscience a bit.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will tell Rubin that the next time this happens he should start the recorder I gave him before he goes to sit with the teachers!

Iconoclast

Stone Man

Marshall
AFinch wrote:I'm going to tell him to behave better at school.  

I don't think anything further is needed.

I agree.

PLUS: He feels a little guilty as he did not completed the time out.

The teachers let him off, he has nothing for which to feel guilty.

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm tickling him to death... Twisted Evil 

Seriously, I tell him that if he thinks he needs to complete his time out he can find a step. Otherwise he should be happy that he got off easily and try to behave in future.

squarecutter

Sherrif
So much depends on what he did. It has to be really minor if the teacher chose not to pursue it. They have not sent a note anyway which would be a starting point for me. I will tell Rubin not to make a habit of it and if still bothered offer to help the teacher out with something.

ivor

Marshall
Rubin appears to have a conscience because he got off without completing his punishment. Perhaps I should make him sit with me for an hour?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Padraig wrote:I'm tickling him to death... Twisted Evil 

Seriously, I tell him that if he thinks he needs to complete his time out he can find a step. Otherwise he should be happy that he got off easily and try to behave in future.

I like this response (particularly so the tickling aspect) and shall swipe it as mine as well. 

Pi Beta

Deputy
Being dismissed when the conversation was starting to get interesting was surely the worst punishment! He was deprived of hearing all the juicy bits of staffroom intrigue.

Jack

Admin
It sounds to me like an inexperienced teacher was being lazy, and trying to avoid having to watch a real detention (one of the downsides to assigning them). Hopefully that person has learned a lesson. Outside of the original trouble, the rest isn't Ruben's fault. We'll discuss what he actually did, make sure he plans to correct it, and I'll tell him he can go to his room and sit quietly on his bed for a few minutes, if he still feels he needs to finish the punishment time.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I like John Boy's idea of having him write an apology letter to the teacher. It's a classy move, which will also make him think a little about his behavior.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum