Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Jack

Admin
Your 8-year old son, Dwight, has been having some trouble this summer.

You work at home, so there's no trouble with him staying home. The trouble is, sometimes you have to have some private time, mostly for work related phone calls.

Dwight has been getting more independence the past year, and he's now able to ride his bike to visit friends - as long as you know the friends' family and where they live, and as long as he's good about getting home on time.

The trouble is that he's not supposed to leave the house without letting you know, and if you're in 'private work time' (signified by the door to your office being shut) he's not supposed to bother you.

After getting in trouble for bothering you a couple of times, one day, Dwight just decided to take off. When you got hold of him, his bare bottom was turned an interesting shade of red. After some recovery time, you explained to him why the rule was in place, and why it was important for him to obey it.

It's been a couple of weeks since that spanking, but Dwight did it again today. When he got home, you reminded him of the rules, and told him he was going to get a firmer spanking this time. In reply, he went running out the back door. When you follow him...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"You're not spanking me," he informs you.

Is he right?

2 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:18 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Oh my!!

I do believe that sight would cause me to channel of bit of Alex here!!  There's NO way a kid that little/young does that to me; this level of disrespect is just a click more than I'm prepared to let slide.

That stick is getting knocked out of his little paws and then I'm hauling his little rear to the den!!  I'll sit him down and calmly explain: 1-Why I cannot permit this this to happen/go unpunished.
2-There's a way to talk to/with one's parents (and that isn't it!!)
3-Why he has escalated a firm hand spanking to the deluxe (for his age/size) package, and then provide said spanking!  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : overlooked a word while typing.)

3 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:43 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
It certainly is not an appropriate way for Dwight to behave - but then - poor kid.

He's not allowed to leave the house without asking - and then he's not allowed to ask when you've shut your door.  

He must get very frustrated.

By the way, he's only eight, who is the responsible person supervising him when the door is shut?  Smacks very much like child neglect to me. Sad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

4 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:45 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Its probably not the best idea when threatened with a spanking for Dwight to arm himself with a long stick! I will suggest he put it down before someone(and I mean HIM gets hurt. I won't actually be switching him at 8 but we will be having a chat along with the stick about why I think spanking is the right punishment for him in general and on this occasion in particular that if he is chooses to repeat an offence it would seem reasonable for me to increase his punishment. I will alao explain that nhe should not fear punishment like it were the end of the world but that if something happened to him and I didnt know where he was it  would be the end of my world. The rules are to keep him safe. 
When I ve' swished the stick a few timed in the air he will be grateful for the hand spanking he gets

Last edited by squarecutter on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Multiple typos)

5 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:49 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I mostly agree with Dimitri, though MM has a very good point. At 8, I didn't have to supervise my kids at home every waking second, but neither were they in a position where they could ask for help (or just ask a question).

Dwight is still getting a deluxe spanking. After he's calmed down, we will talk. And I will consider having a sitter or some other sort of caregiver for a couple of hours a day if my "private work time" is longer than an occasional moment.

6 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:35 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
he is 8 I can wait him out and then wear him out later. EmbarassedEmbarassed we can talk but he will get the promised spanking.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
If Dwight was older I'd thank him for getting a switch.  Razz 

My boy has earned some level of punishment for his current bad judgement and may or may not get spanked for his leaving without my permission. I'm not worried/bothered all that much by his actions. He's thinking like a frustrated eight year old (SURPRISE!!!) because the system in place is not working for him (or me).

I do feel I need to come up with a better system. There is no reason I can see that Dwight can't call a friend, talk to a parent there and get permission to go there. Then leave me a note and I can call the friends house to confirm things once I'm done on the business call.

8 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:17 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:If Dwight was older I'd thank him for getting a switch.  Razz 

My boy has earned some level of punishment for his current bad judgement and may or may not get spanked for his leaving without my permission. I'm not worried/bothered all that much by his actions. He's thinking like a frustrated eight year old (SURPRISE!!!) because the system in place is not working for him (or me).

I do feel I need to come up with a better system. There is no reason I can see that Dwight can't call a friend, talk to a parent there and get permission to go there. Then leave me a note and I can call the friends house to confirm things once I'm done on the business call.

Saved me lots of typing. DITTO!

9 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Adding to my previous hasty (bed time) post I have to observe that never having had the luxury of working from home myself and having had to carve out my own career path through never ending interruptions from colleagues (peers, subordinates and bosses) and clients my sympathy lies with Dwight even though his response to his situation does merit some condign punishment.

In today's society, particularly in the US, I believe that isolating a lone eight year old incommunicado on pain of death for indeterminate periods of time without an adult assigned to look out for his welfare is a situation that would interest the CP authorities should they become aware of it.

The photo makes my hand tingle but dose of that stick would certainly benefit Dad too.

10 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 am

kalico

Sherrif
scratch ...I'm kinda inline with dimitri.....

Also if I'm reading right it says the private time is generaly for calls....well at eight he can wait that long to ask permission to leave.....now if we are talking hours then I feel I am more at fault and need to come up with something better.....

Huhs kal

11 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm very much with MM's original post.

He has to ask your permission before he leave the house, but he mustn't disturb you in order to do so. I'm not surprised Dwight feels confused.

I'm sure you'll spank him because it seems you can only see 'self' in the domestic situation.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

12 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:58 am

Jack

Admin
When I said 'private work time' mostly for phone calls, I wasn't thinking half the day or anything - more like parts of an hour. I wonder if that makes a difference.

I understand that the word isn't like it was when I was a child, but I just can't see having an adult in the house, but just in another room, is neglect in any way, shape, or form.

I don't think I'd get too mad at this, partially because I think part of me would be amused (not that part of me wouldn't be ticked off). I'm going to tell Dwight to put the stick down, before I have to take it away from him. He will be getting the spanking I promised, plus some extra for running. However, I also think we can probably change the rules a bit - Dwight needs to know that what I'm doing is important, but there should be a way for him to get my attention without causing major troubles for either of us.

13 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:02 am

ivor

Marshall
Jack wrote:When I said 'private work time' mostly for phone calls, I wasn't thinking half the day or anything - more like parts of an hour.  I wonder if that makes a difference.

It does make some difference as far as I'm concerned.

My 'problem' was that I felt 'you' were expecting too much of an 8 year old. I felt an 11 year old could reasonably be expected to understand the concept but not anyone much younger. But if you are only going to be unavailable for very short periods then the situation is rather different.

14 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:When I said 'private work time' mostly for phone calls, I wasn't thinking half the day or anything - more like parts of an hour.  I wonder if that makes a difference.

It does make some difference as far as I'm concerned.

My 'problem' was that I felt 'you' were expecting too much of an 8 year old. I felt an 11 year old could reasonably be expected to understand the concept but not anyone much younger. But if you are only going to be unavailable for very short periods then the situation is rather different.

It also makes a difference as far I'm concerned.

The solution is probably to de-fortify the office to allow a knocks on the door.  

Any routine inconvenient intrusion may be diverted with a gesture or dealt with in a few seconds; that way Dwight will have the comfort of knowing you are instantly available should an emergency arise and at other times know that once having had a 'heads up' you will be there for him as soon as you are able.

15 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I like Stoney's response.

Kat

16 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
On re reading this my feeling is that it is the running out on me that should be more of an issue than the running in. If he should wish to tell me hes biking off to a friends house or in a genuine emergency or distress he should be able to come in, preferably after knocking at the door. Random visits would be less welcome but I am meant to be his Dad , not some unreachable ogre.. This of course does not alter that he left without getting permission

17 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
What am I discussing on the telephone that is so secret such that an 8 year old mustn't hear? Am I protecting his innocence or do I have a guilty conscience?

18 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Jack

Admin
Pi Beta wrote:What am I discussing on the telephone that is so secret such that an 8 year old mustn't hear? Am I protecting his innocence or do I have a guilty conscience?

I guess that depends on your job. Personally, I do it just to be able to concentrate.

19 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:17 pm

ivor

Marshall
Pi Beta wrote:What am I discussing on the telephone that is so secret such that an 8 year old mustn't hear? Am I protecting his innocence or do I have a guilty conscience?

As it is work related phone calls you are making, would you want the person on the other end to hear the noise of an 8 year old child in the background?

20 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:47 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Ever so true what Jack said!

When Jeffy was 8 there was no way in the world you'd want him in the same room with you as you were conducting business. First, he wanted to be center stage (and didn't appreciate it if you didn't grant that) but even in normal play mode he was noisy enough to be a distraction so I understand the need to keep him out of the den when conducting phone biz.

21 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
I would look for my light saber and say: "On guard!"

Maybe he can 'text' me asking for permission? We have to get a way for him to do it with out being intrusive and/or getting in trouble.

Leti

22 Re: BOTD 7 July 2014: Escalation on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Danny

Deputy
I might tell him it's not a good idea to arm himself with a stick when I've just told him he's about the get a spanking. I could get ideas... I suppose he can choose between hand or stick, but it's going to happen one way or the other. (I wouldn't really use the stick, btw!)

Also, since this has been an area of debate, I'm pretty sure an 8 year old would be fine in the house, although I guess it depends on the 8 year old. I bet the idea of close supervision all day would be worse for the kid!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum