a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 07-11-2014 - Company! - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Company!
An Ivor Production

You work for a Chinese based company. You went out an hour or so earlier to pick up your boss from the airport. He is on a visit but has expressed a desire to stay with you rather than in a hotel.

You worked hard to tidy up the place before leaving and impressed on your 3 sons Lee (15) Tom (12) and Jake (14) that it needed to stay that way. You were rather worried as it is school vacation and a wet day so the boys are indoors, but with computers and Xboxes etc , not overly concerned as surely they will be able to amuse themselves with causing any mayhem.

You walk into the house with your boss beind you and see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is something else about to hit the fan?
Is your boss about to find out how you deal with misbehaving boys?
Which way will the cards fall?

AFinch

Sherrif
If I'm seeing this properly, it's a game of "52 pick up". No danger, no harm that can't be remedied by just picking up the cards and putting them away.

If that's the case, I'm going to introduce the boys to my boss, politely ask them to pick up the cards and find something neater and quieter to do, and continue on with the visit.

If my boss is the head of a multi-national company, he can well afford to stay in a hotel. He's asked to stay in my home, so I'm assuming he doesn't even WANT a sterile environment. If that's incorrect, he might just be better off in a hotel, and I'll be happy to help him with those arrangements.

No spankings. And only very mild tellings off.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Fortunately I was thinking ahead and I told my boss to wait in the car with his luggage until I can roust the boys out to carry it in! So I will send 1 boy out to help with the luggage and have the other 2 pick up the cards, which they should be able to do in 30 seconds assuming they do not want to put on a live demonstration of traditional American discipline methods!

Iconoclast

David M. Katz

Marshall
No real harm. The cards can be picked up. I love Icono's answer but the scenario says my boss is behind me so I guess that idea won't work. I agree with Kier as to the fact that I think my boss is not looking for a sterile environment and is wanting exposure to "family."

I will have the boys meet my boss and shake his hand and then, stealing an idea from Icono, I will send one boy out to get the luggage while the others pick up the cards.

Like Kier suggested there will be no "punishment" except maybe a mild telling off but I really don't see that happening. Maybe the boys can then get my boss involved with them on a game on the x-box.

LLALVA

Trailboss
I can say Happy New Year!

or maybe Surprise!

Very Happy

Leti

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Katz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I like Icono's answer to this one and shall therefore steal it as my own!!

Stone Man

Marshall
Kier and Icono have done it for me tonight.

squarecutter

Sherrif
And these as you see sir are my s...! 

I will have the boys introduce themselves , give them a meaningful look. detail one to fetch the rest of the Bosses luggage and the others to tidy up .If they comply little more need be said. I hope seeing real life played out was what my guest wanted to see

Jack

Admin
I'm not going to gripe about the idea of my boss requesting to stay with me. What I will say is that, if he did ask, he knows I have these kids, and if he wanted to stay with my family, then he gets to stay with my family. I'm not going to expect them to change their entire lives (no matter the length of the stay), because he's too cheap to get a hotel room.

Now, if any of those YuGiOh! cards aren't common, the boys are in a world of trouble (and they already know they're going to be cleaning the mess before moving on).

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Kier.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
Well, the boys are a little bit old to play like that, but anyway. They will pick up the cards and I will put that falling fan blade away for later use on their backsides, if the job isn't done quickly and thoroughly.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote: ... my boss requesting to stay with me.  What I will say is that, if he did ask, he knows I have these kids, and if he wanted to stay with my family, then he gets to stay with my family.  

When I read the scenario, my thoughts about the boss wanting to stay with me had nothing to do with him saving money and everything to do with seeing what my family dynamics are. One can learn a lot about a man/adult/parent by watching how he deals with his kids and how they deal/react to/with him.

ivor

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:
Jack wrote: ... my boss requesting to stay with me.  What I will say is that, if he did ask, he knows I have these kids, and if he wanted to stay with my family, then he gets to stay with my family.  

When I read the scenario, my thoughts about the boss wanting to stay with me had nothing to do with him saving money and everything to do with seeing what my family dynamics are. One can learn a lot about a man/adult/parent by watching how he deals with his kids and how they deal/react to/with him.

Stoney:

That was my underlying thinking behind the scenario.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Stone Man

Marshall
ivor wrote:
Stoney:

That was my underlying thinking behind the scenario.

Glad to know we're still on, or at least close, to the same wave length sometimes.  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum