BOTD 07-12-2014 Curtis's Condiment Conundrum - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Curtis’s Condiment Conundrum
A Kat Production

Curtis
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The menu tonight is fish and chips, but you forgot to buy tartar sauce. Curtis, your oldest son, age twelve, won’t eat fish without tartar sauce, though your other kids prefer ketchup for the breaded fillets you are serving. You mix up a homemade version of tartar sauce from a recipe you find online. At dinner Curtis immediately questions why the tartar sauce is in a bowl, so you explain. That is when he has a fit. He refuses even to taste the tartar sauce you made for him, says you don’t care if he starves, slams the bowl of tartar sauce hard enough to break it, and storms away from the table. He has been pretty impossible lately, probably since he is showing the first signs of puberty. How will you deal with him?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Spank his bottom red!

John Boy

Sherrif
see if I can have a conversation without the tude. Then see what he thinks should happen. but then again Ditto Skater.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Send him to bed without his supper and all...

He'll not starve to death without it and all...

Stevie.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will send Curtis from the table and let him calm down and then I will go and talk to him. I sort of understand why he is upset. As long as he is willing to talk this through then I see no reason to punish him and I will probably run out and pick up a bottle of tartar sauce.

Stone Man

Marshall
Ditto Skates. Ditto Stevie. Then I'll talk with him in the morning.

AFinch

Sherrif
I lived with someone in his 20's and 30's who behaved exactly like that. I often WISHED I could have just spanked his bottom red.

Like Katz, I'm sending Curtis from the table. I will let him know that food has been provided for him, INCLUDING tartar sauce, which he is refusing, and that he won't starve to death overnight regardless. He can't be that hungry if he's making this much fuss.

After the rest of us have finished our dinner, and he's had time to calm down we'll talk. That talk will NOT result, however, in my running out to buy a bottle of Heinz Tartar Sauce. Whether Curtis gets spanked, goes to bed hungry, or gets a PB&J will depend a lot on his attitude when we talk.

When my son was 8, we visited Toronto, and one night had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant. He ordered spaghetti with butter, and received homemade tagliatelli, which he refused to touch. I explained to him that all pasta came from the same dough and was then cut into different shapes. He'd have none of it, and we ended up stopping at a McDonald's drive through on the way back to our hotel (he didn't throw a fit--just wouldn't eat it).

On arrival home (not hotel), we made homemade pasta. I rolled out a strip of pasta, then very ostentatiously cut it in half for him. The first half I put through "spaghetti" cutters; the second through "tagliatelli" ones. "See, it's exactly the same thing. One is just cut smaller than the other." "Yeah, I see, it's exactly the same." "So, you're gonna eat it, right?" "No way!"

A few months later he asked when we were going to make spaghetti again. "When you'll eat what we make". We'd still never made homemade pasta again when I filed for divorce.

kalico

Sherrif
IM in agreement with the rest it will depend on his tude after he/we have all calmed down......

kier wrote:
A few months later he asked when we were going to make spaghetti again. "When you'll eat what we make". We'd still never made homemade pasta again when I filed for divorce.

Sad  AWWW.....so sorry kier

That was a very nice thing you did with showing him how the pasta was made.....I go through this with tris......Im going to steel your idea....THANKS

hugs kal

AFinch

Sherrif
Hope you're more successful than I was, Kal.

Haven't spoken to him in 15 years now. From his Facebook page, it appears he now eats anything that doesn't eat him first.

ivor

Marshall
My son has quite a sauce reacting like that and seems to be heading towards becoming a real little tartar.  Smile 

I shall let him go hungry but probably refrain from anything else.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
This makes no sense to me, because I was an incredibly picky eater, and I never reacted like this. If I didn't want what was served, I just got a piece of lunch meat.

I have two problems here. The first is this huge reaction. I doubt even teenage hormones are responsible for it, and I think Curtis and I need to talk for a bit. Maybe he'll want to be left alone, but maybe he'll feel like talking. I'm definitely not going to let him storm off like that, then not at least give a quick look (unless this kind of thing is a habit).

What bothers me most is breaking the bowl. It's not like it was in his hands, and he slammed it down. I probably could have ran to the store (or sent Curtis) more easily than making this, but I didn't. Instead, I tried to do something very nice for him. For him to respond with that level of violent reaction makes me want to respond by putting him over my knees. I think I'm going to tell him that's how I feel, and see how he reacts. I think what I'll end up doing is letting him buy a new bowl from his allowance.

ivor

Marshall
Must confess that I didn't read the scenario as saying that he had actually broken the bowl rather that he had slammed it down hard enough that it could have broken.

But, if Jack's interpretation is correct then I would agree with his response.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
First I will tell him to go to his room and get ready for bed. He's not storming away from dinner then doing  whatever he pleases. when dimnner is oer I will ask the others to clear the table and o to talk to Curtis. . If we can get through a conversation and Curtis will accept that he was out of order, behaving like a toddler etc we may get through without a spanking and we can may be get past his obsession with tartar sauce to whats really eating him. If not he will be over my knee LIKE a little boy. HIf lucky he can get a sandwich later but he's had dinner . The cat will be getting his fish Idea

Pi Beta

Deputy
If he wants bought tartare sauce, he's stormed out so he's free to go down to the local shop to buy some for himself. If that is what he chooses, his fish will be cold but edible but the chips - yuk!

If he just chooses to sulk, then he goes hungry; he's not going to be allowed an alternative.

When he's calm enough to talk, it would be in his interests quickly and unconditionally to offer to pay for a replacement dish, because only such a genuine unsolicited offer will save him from a long session with my strap.

Padraig

Trailboss
I think Jack has summed it up quite well.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Skates' response was my initial one as well!  Twisted Evil  Then I started thinking about a situation I had with Jeffy that wasn't too far from this when HE was 12-ish.

Unless this has become a habitual response I get the vibe that there's more than meets the eye going on here. Like many, I think the first thing to do is let him settle for a bit and then inquire as to what really is bothering him. Hopefully he'll open up and we can have a good enough dialog to have him realize that he's handling anger poorly and deal with that a bit.

Going forward however he is on notice that another outburst like that is going to earn him a very sore rear end.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum