a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 07-13-2014 Another Full Moon? - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Another Full Moon?
An Ivor Production

Your 12 year old son Jimmy has been grounded.

Under your version of grounding this means that he is confined to his room, except for mealtimes, no computer or other electricals, and that he has to be in bed by 9pm.

You checked earlier and he was in his bed at 9pm. Now you have taken the dog for a walk and return at around 10.30 to see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tonight there is a very full and bright moon in the sky and that is what Jimmy is gazing at. But he is certainly out of bed after 9pm. Is he also technically out of his room sitting like that?

Is Jimmy shortly going to be getting a spanking to take to bed?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
it's Sunday... I'm letting him off.. I think I will go sit next to him

Jack

Admin
My real life answer is that, if that's my definition of grounding, I should be happy I found him sitting in the window and not sneaking out it to run away. That does vary somewhat my how long the period is.

In regards to the scenario, if he's still subject to spanking as well as grounding, and that's my defintion of grounding, them I'm sure that I'll spank him without listening to anything like he was in bed at that time, but just couldn't fall asleep that early.

John Boy

Sherrif
stingeroos to his moon and back to bed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
I think it depends on his reaction when he sees me. But I like the idea of some quiet father-son-time on the porch, watching the moon and the stars.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Wow!
I'm a jerk!

Hopefully I can soften up and go sit with my son and have some nice father-son time.

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with Padraig. He WAS in bed at 9. If he couldn't sleep, and he's sitting quietly in the window watching the moon, I don't believe he's broken his grounding, either in letter or in spirit. That would never have been my definition of grounding.

However, since the scenario says it is, I'm clearly a jerk--so like Jack, if he were ever in that position (and like me, he never would be), I'm going to wear him out without even pretending to listen to a word he has to say.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Put me in Pad's camp on this one. My boy WAS in bed at 9 as required and looking at the pic it appears that this is a warm night and I certainly don't sleep well when it's hot. I don't want to create another generation of insomnia a either so I'm taking this moment to sit beside my boy and stargaze for a while. When he's sleepy I'll tuck him back in and await the new day.

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm not willing to categorize my actions as being a jerk. The scenario doesn't say what my boy has done or for how long the grounding is to last. It only states that my MY version, grounding comes close to solitary.

So lets say it was for a day... two at the most because he did something dangerous. No where do I get the vibe that I would have to think what he was doing was violating the spirit of his grounding. I'm not going to make myself be that unreasonable and miss out on a great opportunity... an opportunity that will likely be decreasing as time goes on.

I'm all for joining him, hugging him, even cuddling him if he still allows/accepts such an act from his Dad. I we talk, we talk. if we only sit by each other, OK. When the time comes that he feels sleepy I'll tuck him in... probably with a back rub until he actually goes lights out.

This way we both feel good.

kalico

Sherrif
I think Im just going to let it be and in the morning he's off being grounded and we will spend the day together bonding

hugs kal

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Stoney on this.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
I had intended to specify in the scenario that if Jimmy broke any of the grounding rules that resulted in a spanking, but omitted to do so.

Actually, I thought it was such a cute picture that I wanted to share it and had to come up with a near jerk father to make it work for BOTD.

So, from the answers I have to say that I go along with Stoney.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Stone Man wrote:I'm not willing to categorize my actions as being a jerk. The scenario doesn't say what my boy has done or for how long the grounding is to last. It only states that my MY version, grounding comes close to solitary.

Part of this is one of those things that comes from different people using the same term in different ways. The way my mom used them, 'groundings' were abusive. That's probably part of the reason that I'm more likely to use words like restrictions or (in a situation like this one) seclusion. To me, the word grounding implies many days, if not weeks, at a time.

You are right that it's a very nice picture, Ivor.

I too Go along with Stoney on this one and Katz et al.

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote: The way my mom used them, 'groundings' were abusive.... To me, the word grounding implies many days, if not weeks, at a time.

This was true for some of my friends and acquaintances, groundings were so onerous that it almost guaranteed failure and ended in a whippin' for the poor kid.

For those times that a one or two day grounding, or lessor restrictions, wouldn't have been adequate punishment for me or my sister, Dad's belief was that he might as well spank me/her and get it over with rather than waiting for a grounding to fail.

PS: Love the moon picture, Anthony.

Ivor, your picture dictated my answer.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I suppose on a hot summer night with a bright moon and may be a disquited mind it might be hard to get to sleep . I think I will just get him back to his bed. He'd probably have slept better with a spanking Evil or Very Mad but if a little night air helps sleep then I don't really see a need as he hasn't really left his room

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Very good photos!  

Ah, yes!  I do like full moons.  Here in the summer with the trees in full leaf, I don't see the moon much.  I follow her in the winter, rising in the desert, setting in the ocean.

The moon overtakes the sun as she pursues him.  Koran.

They ask you about the new moons. These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind...   Koran.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]