a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 07-18-2014 - Welcome To The Family - A Mahoover Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
A mahoover Production

You and your family take a week long vacation to the lake every summer. This year your oldest son Alex (21) asked if he could bring his girlfriend Sara along for the week. When you hemmed and hawed about it, he swore you to secrecy and told you he was going to propose and wanted to ask at the lake. You really like his girlfriend, and said yes.

ALEX AND SARA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alex asked Sara on the first night while they were out on a walk and she said yes. Everyone has been very happy for them, and they are on cloud nine.

This morning your two twin sons John and Jake (12) were going wild. The were bouncing off the walls and you sent them outside to run off some energy.

JOHN AND JAKE - 12

Just before supper Alex came to you and asked for a little help. He and Sara wanted to spend some couple time, so they took the row boat to the island. But John and Jake swam out to the island, and wouldn't leave them alone. They were also teasing about catching Alex and Sara kissing. Alex is asking you to get the twins to give him and Sara a little space.

THE ISLAND

What do you do next?

AFinch

Sherrif
I tell the twins they're acting like infants, and ask them politely to give their older brother and his girlfriend some space. And like Mme. Thenardier, remind them that I never ASK twice.

John Boy

Sherrif
redirect time maybe me and the twins need to go on a long hike or do something to give the love birds some time. Razz Though at 12 they should know when to hold back and when it is ok to push their luck.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
I think this calls for distraction, not punishment. But as Doc said, I never ask twice.

ivor

Marshall
Sounds like the twins are at the age where catching their older brother doing something really gross like kissing a girl, is very amusing.

But as far as this situation is concerned they are now banned from going on the island. Breach of that ban will result in a spanking delivered in front of their brother and Sara should she want to watch.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will tell them hat if they persist in behaving like little pests I will swat them like little pests before they can say uncle! They've had their fun now leave the happy couple alone

Jack

Admin
I'm going to tell Alex that I will distract the twins for a while, but that if he wants to continue to come on family vacations, he's going to have to act like he's part of the family. His little brothers love and admire him, don't get to see him very often, and just want some attention. Plus, they're at the age where girls are probably still pretty icky. I'm glad he wanted us to meet Sara, and I'm willing to let them have some (more) private time, and I understand how excited he is, but I think he needs to do the same thing he's asking of the twins - show some consideration and respect for others.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm mostly in agreement with those who plan to give the twins a talk, a warning and then expect compliance. I also, however, see Jack's point. A family vacation is perhaps not the best time to expect a lot of privacy with a girlfriend/fiancee. I'm going to suggest to Alex that he and Sara plan an activity to include the twins so they feel they are getting some of his attention, but I'll still expect the twins to show some respect.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
Sure Jack is right, but after proposal some quiet time should be possible, even at a family trip. If we stay in a cabin or tent  I doubt what the love birds will have in mind would there be possible undiscovered or undisturbed... Embarassed

Pi Beta

Deputy
Padraig wrote:Sure Jack is right, but after proposal some quiet time should be possible, even at a family trip. If we stay in a cabin or tent  I doubt what the love birds will have in mind would there be possible undiscovered or undisturbed... Embarassed

Indeed - at least it was only kissing they disturbed!

Maybe I will be able to remind Alex of something similar he did when their age; I'm certainly not very surprised nor annoyed at the twins' inquisitiveness.

My words to the twins will be along the lines of, "O.K., you've had your fun. Now give them space. From now on the island is strictly out of bounds to you unless we all go over to it. If you break bounds by going there, be sure to bring back a good switch or two, because that's what I'll need to use on the pair of you!"

I suspect they'll suddenly gain an interest in birdwatching with the binoculars we always bring on holiday; I might be just as interested in what they spot as they are!

I'm going with Jack on this.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  dittoing Jack

hugs kal

mahoover

Cowboy
When I came up with the scenario, I had it in mind that Alex and Sara had been participating in family activities, and spending some time with the twins. I was thinking more along the time that the twins wanted all of Alex's attention, not that he was ignoring them.
I was thinking that I would tell Alex I would talk with the twins about giving him and Sara some space when they asked for it, but that Alex and Sara couldn't spend all of their time alone. And that if after the twins had been told that they were to give them some space and didn't, to let me know and I would handle it.
When I talk to the twins, I was going to say that I know they want to welcome Sara to the family, but that they need to give Alex and Sara some time as a couple as well. I would remind them that Alex and Sara had been doing things with them, and that when Alex told them to give some space, they needed to back off. I would talk about respecting others, and remind them about how they sometimes wanted a little space. This isn't a spanking offense, but if they keep it up now that we have talked about it, it would become one.

Jack

Admin
The one thing about this scenario that provided a minor problem for me is the timeline. It's never really stated when the proposal happened, and if this is the next day or much later. While it's not really stated, I kind of read it that the proposal happened the evening we arrived, and that the trip to the island was the next day.

I've had some college kids who wanted to be taken to do (have Dad pay for) things with the family, but then ignore the family to hang with their friends. I don't have a lot of tolerance for that. In a situation like you describe, where the twins are trying to dominate all of Alex and Sara's time, my reaction would have been a bit different - still no spanking, but more firm with the littles.

mahoover

Cowboy
I agree that the scenario wasn't clear. If it had gone the way you saw it, I agree completely about which kid would get push back. In some ways that is the fun of the BOTD, since each person sees it differently.
In the end, it comes down to everybody needs to respect the others and be part of the family.

Jack

Admin
mahoover wrote:I agree that the scenario wasn't clear.  If it had gone the way you saw it, I agree completely about which kid would get push back.  In some ways that is the fun of the BOTD, since each person sees it differently.

I agree with that completely. Each of his tends to bring his or her own prejudices, based on his own beliefs and experiences. These scenarios can be interesting ways to see how differently or similarly we interpret things.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum