Skater

Bransom Postmaster
DOWN ON THE FARM
A Pi Beta Production

Tom - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joe - 15

You are a farmer and Tom (upper photograph) is your 15 year old son who helps you around the farm and is usually responsible but does have his moments of stupidity for which he’s suffered several sessions with your belt. His best friend, Joe (lower photograph) is his close friend and volunteers to help on the farm at busy times like harvest. Some time ago he got into some mischief with Tom. You told him that he was no longer welcome on the farm if he couldn’t behave properly and ordered him to go home while you strapped Tom. The next day, Joe knocked on the door and pleaded with you to strap him like you’d strapped Tom rather than ban him. He said he’d told his father what he’d done and that he was going to ask you to strap him. You rang his father who confirmed that he was happy for you to discipline his son then and in the future if he again messed up.

You’ve been hay making and the boys had been helping. You’ve finished gathering the hay and left the large bales in the fields for later collection. There has been an advert on TV that showed people on top of similar bales, “walking” them across a field and overheard the boys saying that it looked a fun thing to try. You point out that if anyone were to fall under a rolling bale, serious injury could occur and tell them that under no circumstances are they to try that stunt.

Later that evening, you go out to check your fields to discover Tom and Joe trying that stunt. They’ve been partially successful, but have been unable to steer the bale, with the result that it has now blocked a well-used footpath. Though it is easy to bypass the bale, a couple of the regular local users get very upset at any obstruction; you can be almost certain to have them complaining to you about your lax farming standards and inconsideration to walkers.

The boys claim that it wasn’t them who moved the bale, but are unable to meet your gaze when you ask them to repeat their denial looking you in the face.

Is your strap going to be put to use across their backsides?

AFinch

Sherrif
They can't meet my gaze? I'm going to ask them again. And if they deny it, again, I'm going to ask them who DID do it--since the only reason they couldn't meet my gaze if they hadn't done it would be because they knew who actually did.

Unless they admit to having moved the bales, I'm not going to strap them--but I'm going to put them on notice that I'm watching closely. If they do admit it, given the waste of materials, the inconvenience to neighbors, and the lie, they're getting a strapping.

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:They can't meet my gaze?  I'm going to ask them again.  And if they deny it, again, I'm going to ask them who DID do it--since the only reason they couldn't meet my gaze if they hadn't done it would be because they knew who actually did.

Unless they admit to having moved the bales, I'm not going to strap them--but I'm going to put them on notice that I'm watching closely.  If they do admit it, given the waste of materials, the inconvenience to neighbors, and the lie, they're getting a strapping.
ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
Razz  I am going to leave the bales where they are and then for Halloween:

No, I am mostly in line with Kier.  The only reason I would spank for this, if they finally come clean, is due to the safety and disobedience concerns.  Regardless, they can roll the bales off of the path.

Stone Man

Marshall
Since I didn't see them move the bales, and no-one has called and complained to me about seeing the boys in the act, I have nothing to pin on them unless they choose to admit the deed. Having been on the Kid end of an inquisition, I know how hard it can be to look a parent/adult in the eye even when one is innocent. So I'll enlist the boys help moving the bales and give them another firm warning to not play with the bales.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
If we had done this our rears would be grilled to a well done to burnt state no questions asked.

I on the other hand will take the kids word if I have no direct evidence to the contrary. The fact that my boy's buddy wishes to share the same fate speaks highly for me; it shows integrity and that alone will make me give 'benefit of doubt'. As a practical matter I'll ask the boys to assist me with moving the bales out of the way.

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm with Stoney this time.

ivor

Marshall
Once again we come down to the matter of 'evidence of guilt' or in this case lack thereof as I didn't see them move those bales across the path and nor did anyone else and in this instance they are bound to have hay attached to their clothes. Thus I have to accept their denial.

However, I did see them on the top of the bales trying to "walk" them which I specifically told them not to do. So, they can both get the strap, but this will only be 'taster' session to ensure Joe truly understands what he has let himself in for if I ever catch him doing something that is forbidden.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
ivor wrote:Once again we come down to the matter of 'evidence of guilt' or in this case lack thereof as I didn't see them move those bales across the path and nor did anyone else and in this instance they are bound to have hay attached to their clothes. Thus I have to accept their denial.

However, I did see them on the top of the bales trying to "walk" them which I specifically told them not to do. So, they can both get the strap, but this will only be 'taster' session to ensure Joe truly understands what he has let himself in for if I ever catch him doing something that is forbidden.
DITO

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Since I'd already caught them at it, obviously trying to work a different bale there was little point in them falsely trying to deny responsibility for moving this one.  In any case the TV advert may well have inspired other youths to try it.

They can help me roll it clear of the path and then we'll retire to liberate the strap from its hook.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
First of all, MM said it for me - if I caught them trying to do this, and it ended up on the footpath, why didn't I just move it?

As the person in this scenario, I'm going to strap both boys.

In RL, it seems like it would have been easier just to let them try it while I was there to supervise, so they could get it out of their system.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will keep probing. But in any case they disobeyed and are getting strapped. They can move the bales out the way under supervision

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm confused. The scenario states I saw them moving the bale, so I assume I didn't witness them moving it onto the path to block it. In any case, they did disobey me about attempting the stunt, so that is grounds for punishment, even if they didn't block the path. I can't see that the punishment should change whether or not they are responsible for the bale in the path. They can help me move it out of the way and then take their strappings.

I don't think I'd be any too cordial to someone complaining about an obstacle on the path that is easily walked around. If they have the energy to telephone me with a complaint over such a trivial issue, they have energy to go a couple of feet out of their way.

Kat

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  ditto kat

hugs kal

Ditto Padraig.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum