a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-09-2014 Showing Off -An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster

Showing Off
An Ivor Production

You live in the small Scottish town of Lochgelly. You are a proud Scot who always wears the traditional dress of a kilt and you are glad that your nearly 16 year old so Sandy had chosen to follow you in that. Perhaps because of this though Sandy has not had many friends, after all this is not the Highlands where kilt wearing is much more normal.

A few months ago though Sandy became friends with a boy of similar age, Murdo, who had moved to a house a couple of doors away. Murdo is a keen skateboarder and to your surprise Sandy has also become a fan. However, Sandy insists on skateboarding wearing his kilt:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now we all know that a true Scot does not wear anything underneath his kilt and both you and Sandy are true Scots. You have had a couple of complaints that while performing tricks on his board Sandy is showing off other things as well. On the last occasion you told him that it was fine for him to just skate in his kilt, but no more tricks or his backside and your tawse (with which he is familiar) would be meeting each other.

This evening elderly Mrs McGregor who lives opposite came over to inform you that while she was walking through the park this afternoon Sandy was performing on the skateboard ramp. She was impressed with his skill but very unimpressed by what else was on display.

Has Sandy performed one trick too many?

AFinch

Sherrif
I think the adults involved can't have it both ways.

The appropriate response would have been to demand that Sandy wear "less traditional garb" when skating, similar to any other sports kit. To be proud of him wearing traditional clothing, and then punishing him because he's leading an active life while wearing a kilt is patently unfair.

Given that the scenario clearly says: "you told him that it was fine for him to just skate in his kilt, but no more tricks or his backside and your tawse (with which he is familiar) would be meeting each other", a case can be made for following through with the threat on the basis of "willful disobedience". And I suppose that the parent in this scenario would do just that. But I'm not that parent.

John Boy

Sherrif
ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
I have to echo Kier here. Why didn't I just simply require he slip on a pair of shorts under his kilt while skating?

I can see the case for using the tawse here BUT I am not going to until adults and kids alike come to a complete understanding of what is expected.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
If I'm going to be 'proud' of him wearing the traditional garb I really can't be shocked/surprised at what happens to show when he's 'airborne' now can't I?

It's patently hypotocritcal in the first place for me to have told him he can't 'free fall' when skateboarding in kilt. The old biddie will have to 'deal with it' regarding the proverbial "display"!!  Razz 

MemoryMan

Sherrif
At sixteen Sandy is laying himself open to a possible charge of Indecent Exposure and is fortunate that so far complaints have been made to me rather than the "Polis"

Skateboarding at this level can be classed as sport and Scottish gymnasts, for instance, don't wear their kilts.

After our previous talk Sandy is in the last chance saloon and over at the hook the tawse's tails are starting to curl in anticipation,

In future he can change into more suitable dress or pull on a pair of those little green trews some of my countrymen beneath their kilts............ or else.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie wrote a story about this type of thing some time ago but he doesn't remember what he`called it and all...

Stevie (who cannot imagine that Sandy's exposure is the least bit indecent...  Twisted Evil )

Pi Beta

Deputy
Skateboarding as dressed - and doing tricks especially - it seems that he is happy to risk injury - to head, elbows, knees etc. Hence it seems he's not going to be too bothered about the hurt my tawse will do to his bottom. Maybe he's actually trying to tell me something by ignoring my instructions!

If he's happy to show off his attributes while skateboarding, this time I'm not going to carry out my threat, but will tell him that if it happens again, I'll invite the complainant to witness his punishment. I suspect she'll not be so unhappy about him showing his all in that situation!

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with MM.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I think I'm going to do exactly what I said. He's going over the stool, I'm flipping up the kilt to expose the target. The tawse will crack down across those fine cheeks he's been showing so much....

and then I'll have him stand and borrow Kier's answer for the rest. While Kier is right that I shouldn't try to have it both ways, Sandy is 16, and he needs to accept some responsibility for himself- both in not showing off too much and in finding solutions to problems. I think one stripe and a discussion will be a good way to stress that point.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I will encourage nay/ order Sandy to wear trousers for skateboarding or anything else that might cause a skirt to fan out exposing a boys modesty

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote:I think I'm going to do exactly what I said.  He's going over the stool, I'm flipping up the kilt to expose the target.  The tawse will crack down across those fine cheeks he's been showing so much....

and then I'll have him stand and borrow Kier's answer for the rest.  While Kier is right that I shouldn't try to have it both ways, Sandy is 16, and he needs to accept some responsibility for himself- both in not showing off too much and in finding solutions to problems.  I think one stripe and a discussion will be a good way to stress that point.

A warning shot across the stern so to speak.

ivor

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:
Jack wrote:I think I'm going to do exactly what I said.  He's going over the stool, I'm flipping up the kilt to expose the target.  The tawse will crack down across those fine cheeks he's been showing so much....

and then I'll have him stand and borrow Kier's answer for the rest.  While Kier is right that I shouldn't try to have it both ways, Sandy is 16, and he needs to accept some responsibility for himself- both in not showing off too much and in finding solutions to problems.  I think one stripe and a discussion will be a good way to stress that point.

A warning shot across the stern so to speak.

Stevie would no doubt opt for one on the poop deck  Smile 

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum