You are not connected. Please login or register

11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Jack

Admin
This is your 11-year old son, Sam.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sam is very sad right now. He and his best friend, Paul, got in trouble in school today. They went out of bounds, when outside playing at lunch, and were caught, then taken to the principal's office. Paul got two swats. The problem is, you didn't fill out the school paperwork you were supposed to. Your school district requires specific, written permission to use corporal punishment. Since you didn't return the form, Sam now faces two detention periods, which can be served after school or at lunch. You have to sign the form, selecting which he gets.

Besides being sad, Sam is also mad at you, because Paul's already been punished, and now he has to do detention.

How do you follow up on your mistake, Dad (or Mom)?

2 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Surely I can sign the form and authorize the paddling and then he can go in tomorrow and take his licks and life can go on.

3 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Tough beans,Sam. Punishments are supposed to be unpleasant, and judging by your reaction, you'd rather have the swats... you're getting the detentions... after school.

Leaving the school bounds is serious and all... See my story:

A Canuck at St. Edwards Look Both Ways Before Crossing

Stevie.

4 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:11 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
The scenario doesn't specify whether I neglected to return the form, or whether it was intentional.

If I merely neglected to return it, then I agree with DMK. On the other hand, if I'm opposed to school CP, Sam's sadness isn't going to change my mind. And as Stevie pointed out, this is meant to be punishment, and therefore unpleasant in order to have a deterrent effect for future behavior. If the point is to make things maximally unpleasant, an after school detention would be the choice, though it would likely inconvenience me as much as it inconveniences Sam.

And if he's mad at me, too bad. Breaking the rules was HIS choice.

5 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:59 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy  I agree with the three above me.....

If I just forgot then I'll see if I can just sign and turn in, if not ...sorry kido.....if you cant do the time then DONT DO the crime.

Evil or Very Mad  he better watch out how mad he thinks he is at me or he just might find himself getting spanked. Im not one for punishing for getting into trouble at school but I will depending on what it is and if his tude doesn't change well....

hugs kal

6 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:11 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:23 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Ditto Kalico

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:56 am

ivor

Marshall
For the same crime the same punishment should result.

So, unless I've not signed the form on principle I'll have to call the principal.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

9 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:28 am

pushkin

Cowboy
Sorry, chaps, but ever the contrarian, I would question the whole set up which allows some children to be subject to pain (and I mean physical pain), and others not.

There's something wrong here?

Muddleheaded, puzzledheaded Pushkin

PS. I do realise (realize) I am not answering the question.

10 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:24 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I don't believe in the deterrent value of punishment, so this is pure retribution in my opinion. I'll sign the form and then call the school to make sure Sam gets the same punishment as his friend, and I don't give a damn that detention would be more aversive.

Kat

11 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:34 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will call  the school and ask to have them replace the detentions with swats or reduce the detention to one if this was my mistake and not Sam's

12 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:54 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I didn't sign this form?!?  scratch 

Ah well, he can serve his detention and have his spanking for getting in trouble at school from me! cheers 

Isn't it great when EVEYONE'S happy?

Seriously, I will correct this with the school and he can get his two swats on top of whatever he got from me this evening for having gotten into trouble at school; probably his age in hand swats from me for something of this caliber.

13 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
1strappedboy wrote:I didn't sign this form?!?  scratch 

Ah well, he can serve his detention and have his spanking for getting in trouble at school from me! cheers 

Isn't it great when EVEYONE'S happy?

What a Face 

14 Re: 11 Aug 2014 - Follow Up Today at 7:48 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum