a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-17-2014 Peter Feels Guilty - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
PETER FEELS GUILTY
A DMK Production

You have two sons:  Peter is twelve and Jacob is seven.  The boys get along great and enjoy playing and spending time with each other.  Yesterday afternoon the boys were wrestling around and playing in the yard and having a good time with each other and something happened and Jacob started screaming and holding his arm.  Peter ran in the house and got you.  You took Jacob to the ER and it seems his arm is broken.  The doctor said it was a simple fracture and will heal with no issues and that Jacob probably just moved wrong while the boys were playing.  Peter feels horrible.

JACOB - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After you all get in that evening and get Jacob settled Peter comes to you carrying the paddle you use for his spankings.  He says he is ready to take his punishment for hurting his brother.  You explain that it was all just a bad accident and there is no reason for Peter to be punished and tell him to go put the paddle away.

You get up the next morning and look outside and you see Peter already at work washing your car.

PETER - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You note your spouse's car has already been washed.  You go outside to speak to Peter.  Peter explains that he feels responsible for hurting Jacob and knows he has to be punished.  He said he has decided that he needs to spend the day doing chores as his punishment.  He shows you a list he made last night that includes washing the cars, several hours of lawn work, washing the exterior of all of the windows, and sweeping the drive, walk and patio.  You try to explain again that no punishment is necessary but Peter ignores you and continues washing your car.

What do you do?

How do you help Peter cope with his guilty feelings?

Jack

Admin
Part of me wants to tell Peter it's my fault for not supervising them more closely, so I should help. I'm not sure that would help him, though. Instead, I'll ask if I can help finish the car, then I'll make him sit down and explain to me why he feels guilty. Maybe he has a reason - like he meant to hurt him a little, and it just got too bad - in which case I'll give in and spank him. If not, I'll see where it can go.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yay!  Embarassed   Twisted Evil  Looks like I'm gonna get my cars washed, my lawn taken care of and my windows washed today.  Embarassed   Twisted Evil 

OK, OK, no I can't let him do that.

Like Jack, I will help him finish my car then we will talk.

This one is hard but my response will depend on WHY he feels so guilty. If I find he is responsible in some way then I think a spanking will settle things. If the guilt is simply self-induced I think I will redirect Peter's efforts and tell him he needs to be available and be Jacob's helper today. I will let him help get Jacob dressed and let him help get Jacob's breakfast and lunch ready. And, if Jacob feels up to it, I will let Peter take Jacob to see a movie today. Regardless, I am sure Jacob will enjoy having Peter as his helper and play mate today.

John Boy

Sherrif
ditto the Katz miester

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
With Peter strongly feeling he's in need of punishment, I need to find out why. If Pete in anyway helped cause the injury than I'll give in to his needs and paddle him. If he only thought of doing something minor and this happened, I'll explain once again that his thoughts didn't actually cause the injury, but feel I may have to paddle him anyway to assuage his feeling of guilt.

I do like the way Katz proposed to take care of things.

ivor

Marshall
I too like the Katz solution, especially the idea of him spending the day helping his little brother. I also perhaps ought to be able to get a clue from how Jacob reacts to having his brother help him as to whether or not Peter did do something to him that caused the injury.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm going to talk to Peter and ask him EXACTLY what happened.  Now that the initial trauma has passed Jacob will also have his version of events.

I would guess that Peter's deep feelings of guilt come from a game gone wrong rather than it being a pure accident and that Peter had accidentally played a part in causing the injury.  If so I'll ask Peter how punishing HIM by chores or paddle is going to help Jacob now.  I'll point out to him that Jacob will be having difficulties until his arm has healed and that he can best make amends by being around for him whenever needed.

Only if it emerges that Peter set out to actually hurt Jacob, however mildly, will I consent to punishing him; probably hand rather than paddle.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
MemoryMan wrote:I'm going to talk to Peter and ask him EXACTLY what happened.  Now that the initial trauma has passed Jacob will also have his version of events.

I would guess that Peter's deep feelings of guilt come from a game gone wrong rather than it being a pure accident and that Peter had accidentally played a part in causing the injury.  If so I'll ask Peter how punishing HIM by chores or paddle is going to help Jacob now.  I'll point out to him that Jacob will be having difficulties until his arm has healed and that he can best make amends by being around for him whenever needed.

Only if it emerges that Peter set out to actually hurt Jacob, however mildly, will I consent to punishing him; probably hand rather than paddle.

Ditto, though if Jacob is left-handed, I'll advise Peter that he'll need to be Jacob's amanuensis while his arm remains in plaster.

Padraig

Trailboss
At 7, with the whole arm in a cast, Jacob will be pretty helpless. Hopefully I can direct Peter into that direction.

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Jack....I want to find out why he feels so inclined to be punished....

hugs ka

squarecutter

Sherrif
Accidents happen. I think we're all going out for ice cream . I am sure when Peter can see how happy Jacob is when everyone has signed his plaster cast and eating ice cream he will start feeling less guilty. The boys will have to lay off on the horseplay for a while

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Put me in the K Klub!!

I was tempted to use the maxim two wrights don't make a wrong, or in this case many rights. it was an accident and these do happen. Peter was man enough to bring you the paddle, which you won't use on this occasion, but you'll just give him a playful swat to ease his feeling of guilt. Perhaps the incident has brought him even closer to Jacob.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum