a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 8/21/14 "Saving GI Joe" A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SAVING G.I. JOE
A Leti Production

You and your spouse and your eight year old son, Casey, go to a nearby State Park for a picnic and a day of fun.  Casey takes his favorite toy with him - a G.I. Joe action figure that his grandfather gave to him.  Casey plays with the action figure all morning but sets it aside when it is time to eat and then gets involved in other activities.  When you all leave to go home Joe gets left behind.

CASEY - 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You all stop on the way home at a rest area not too far from the park to freshen up.  It is then that Casey realizes he left his action figure behind.  He starts walking back to the park to rescue his G.I. Joe.  Neither you nor your spouse notice when he wanders off thinking he is in the restroom with the other person.  You all are ready to get back on the road when you realize that Casey is missing.  You start searching and find Casey walking on the side of the road a few hundred yards away.  You stop the car and load up your son and ask him what he is doing and why he wandered off.  He tearfully explains about Joe and begs you to go back and rescue him.

What happens to Casey?  What happens to G.I. Joe?

Padraig

Trailboss
Hopefully Joe has defended himself well and awaits his rescue.

Everything else we will discuss later.

Jack

Admin
At 8, Casey probably deserves a swat or two for wandering off. If I get the story before reaching swatting range, he'll probably get by with just a couple of lectures - caring for your property and how he should have handled the problem.

AFinch

Sherrif
Poor Casey.

First, I'm going to drive him back to the park, where, hopefully, GI Joe will be waiting.

If he is, I'm going to explain to Casey that as worried as he was about his GI Joe, we were a quantum level more worried about him when we couldn't find him. If he isn't, there will be a similar explanation about how, devastated as he is over his toy, multiply that times a few million if anything had happened to him (Casey). I'm going to punctuate that with a couple of swats, probably, but not a real spanking.

Then I'm going to remind Casey that, no matter how bad something is, he needs to always come to his mom and me.

Finally if GI Joe is MIA, I'm going to discuss a replacement with Casey, not just automatically go out and get one.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:Poor Casey.

First, I'm going to drive him back to the park, where, hopefully, GI Joe will be waiting.  

If he is, I'm going to explain to Casey that as worried as he was about his GI Joe, we were a quantum level more worried about him when we couldn't find him.  If he isn't, there will be a similar explanation about how, devastated as he is over his toy, multiply that times a few million if anything had happened to him (Casey).  I'm going to punctuate that with a couple of swats, probably, but not a real spanking.

Then I'm going to remind Casey that, no matter how bad something is, he needs to always come to his mom and me.

Finally if GI Joe is MIA, I'm going to discuss a replacement with Casey, not just automatically go out and get one.

What a wonderful answer

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Jack and Kier

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
GI Joe might have earned a purple heart by the time we get back, but I shan't be giving Casey a purple behind to go with it.

Basically I'm in Camp Kier.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Kier has almost nailed it for me.

I can empathise with the blind panic Joe obviously felt on discovering his loss and only differ from Kier in that I will replace the swats with hugs.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with MM. I think I can make the point about wandering off without punishment.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
AFinch wrote:Poor Casey.

If he is, I'm going to explain to Casey that as worried as he was about his GI Joe, we were a quantum level more worried about him when we couldn't find him.  If he isn't, there will be a similar explanation about how, devastated as he is over his toy, multiply that times a few million if anything had happened to him (Casey).  I'm going to punctuate that with a couple of swats, probably, but not a real spanking.

What a wonderful answer
Kier
you have saved me a lot of typing., getting a point across but with an understanding of how an 8 year old mind works

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie knows how his dad would have reacted and there would not have been a punishment per se...

He'd have been told in no uncertain terms that

a) He's too old to be playing with dollies.
b) Boys don't play with dollies anyway.

G.I. Joe would have remained wherever I'd left him, and I would have cringed under the scorn I would have received over the issue...

Needless to say, Stevie did not have a GI Joe when he was eight and all...

Stevie.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
So Stevie did you have toy guns (or real ones) when you were 8?

Weapons, both real and toy, have been considered suitable gifts for boys for 10,000s of years!

Iconoclast

LLALVA

Trailboss
I would help Casey, get back to the park and look for his G I Joe, I love Kier's answer.

Leti

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie didn't have guns either toy or real during his childhood...

A good deal of it he didn't have toys in any case... mostly he just wanted books. Toys were for babies and all.

Stevie.

Stone Man

Marshall
Kier Camp, Kier Club, Kier package(?)

Hugs will happen too, but my boy deserves at least one solid swat.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum