a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-24-14 Don't Drink the Water - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Don't Drink the Water
An Ivor Production

You have gone away for the weekend camping with your 12 year old son, Paul. It is something he has been pestering you to do with him for the past year or more.

You pitched your tent last night by the side of a lake. One of the last things you did before you both turned in was to remind Paul that the water in the lake was not safe to drink.

When you wake up the next morning Paul's sleeping bag is empty. You are pleasantly surprised as he is not normally one to get out of bed either early or voluntarily. You think this has the possibility to be a good weekend you will both remember for some time. You get out of your sleeping bag, pull back the flap of the tent and see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paul does get spanked at home when necessary. Is he getting one now and will those shorts be coming down when you deliver it?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
No spanking.. I think I will let nature take its course as they say.

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Skater.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Whereas I agree with Skater and Kier I am waiting with anticipation for Stevie's answer to this one.  Twisted Evil   Embarassed 

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Um... I'm not going to waste time on any spankings...

We're packing up and leaving for home as quickly as possible and I'm hoping to heaven that Paul doesn't get sick before we get home and all...

I don't want to deal with explosive diarrhoea in a campground... so I'm hoping we get back in one piece... I can't imagine any son of mine being that stupid since we've certainly discussed the dangers of drinking polluted water... and talked about Dr. John Snow and the Broad Street pump...

If he doesn't come down with a serious intestinal problem in the next two weeks, I might consider some punishment... but the abrupt end to the camping trip will probably be punishment enough even if he doesn't come down with Giardiasis, Shigella sonnei, or Escherichia coli O157:H7, or even Salmonella enterica typhi... for one of which the probability is frighteningly high  Shocked 

Stevie doesn't think we'll go camping again...

Stevie...

Padraig

Trailboss
I'm not camping at a lake where the water is not safe to swim because one cannot be sure not to take in a sip of water while doing so.

It might not be wise to drink large quantities but he won't die if he really drinks and not just wash his face.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm sure I could have chosen a better place to camp; but from a close look at the pic he seems to just be washing the sleep out of his eyes.

As to starting the weekend with a shorts down spanking?? ________ Hell! - Why not? Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Padraig wrote:It might not be wise to drink large quantities but he won't die if he really drinks and not just wash his face.

Sorry, Padraig, but you are dead wrong here. The infective dose for E Coli O157:H7 is frighteningly low - just a few bacteria - and there is undoubtedly ruminant fecal material in that water. Even if he is only washing his face there's still significant danger of him swallowing enough water to make him sick.

Paul is in serious danger of becoming ill... and it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that it would be life threatening...

We're going home... just so as to be on the safe side.

Stevie

Jack

Admin
This partly depends on why I told him the water was unsafe to drink. Is it because I know something specific or just because it looks stagnant.

I'm going to make sure he took a drink, not just splashed some water on his face. If he did, then I'm going to go along with Stevie and head home. Mostly I agree with Pad, though. Why go camping at a lake where you can't do some swimming?

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Lake water in an oasis can look very tempting when one is trekking in a hot desert. Local guides stop me drinking the water, and then drink it themselves! Humans cannot carry enough water for many days. Beasts of burden such as camels and donkeys are needed.

Anyway, I'm going to whack him.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie would only ever go camping at a Provincial or National park which supplied clean, properly tested water for drinking and washing purposes, along with a tested, safe beach for swimming...

You actually have to be more careful nowadays than you did when we were kids because of the E coli thing... it seems to have been a genetic exchange between E Coli and Shigella dysenteriae that occurred during a major dysentery epidemic during the 1970's which has become very widespread... widespread enough that eating rare hamburgers has become a good form of Russian Roulette throughout the world and all...

A measure of how infective this is is that, at one school in Wales, one boy was mildly ill with diarrhea and spread it to quite a few other kids in the school because there was no paper supplied in the boy's toilets (there'd been cases of vandalism with it); the residue got through his clothing onto the school furniture... causing several severe, life threatening cases...

Stevie... (Who hates camping, anyway, and probably wouldn't go)

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Jack

Admin
(Who hates camping, anyway, and probably wouldn't go)

It's almost impossible for us to do much camping, because the times when the weather would allow it, it's sports season, which makes it very hard to get away. However, I have access to a camp grounds with cabins. There's even an area to erect tents, if you really so desire, but just the chance to get away, to a quiet, wooded area usually makes for a nice change.

When I went with my grandfather, we would use a cabover camper.

Padraig

Trailboss
Stevie, in Walkerton it was polluted drinking water, in California polluted vegetables that caused the epidemic. Your own four walls aren't a secure shelter.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Skateski.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
If I knew the water wasn't safe and we encamped around it anyway I'm a bit of an idiot, no? Presuming that I knew this and camped anyway I would have packed either purification tabs or a filtration straw for our drinking needs. If he's just washing his face, no real big deal unless that water is terribly polluted; if he did indeed drink it, we're going home after those shorts come down for a major butt beating for disobedience. Nature can then take its course.  affraid 

Pi Beta

Deputy
Having taken a drink from a mountain stream while out walking, I discovered a very dead sheep in it a little further up the mountainside. Though that did somewhat worry me, I came to no harm whatsoever.

On the other hand, if he is drinking it rather than swilling his face, he has disobeyed my instructions and can resume his same ideal position out of the water for me to give him a sharp reminder with my gymshoe/trainer.

I'll risk staying on and him suffering the consequences if it does make him ill; that will be an even bigger learning experience!

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Skater

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kai

Deputy
Ditto John Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:I'm sure I could have chosen a better place to camp; but from a close look at the pic he seems to just be washing the sleep out of his eyes.

As to starting the weekend with a shorts down spanking?? ________ Hell! - Why not? Very Happy

Razz A Dad/Lad camping trip almost always featured at least one shorts down spanking. Usually a "FUN" spanking, but not always.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum