You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
OOOPS!
A DMK Production
Derek is your twelve year old son and is typically a mostly well behaved boy and has a lively sense of humor.  You typically spank Derek if a punishment is needed but Derek recently had a talk with you.  He suggested he was getting a bit old for spankings and asked you to consider "doing other things to him." You agreed that the next time there was a problem that he would get grounded.

Derek came in very late yesterday evening and did not call.  You were very worried about him.  Derek explained he "just forgot." As he was way over an hour late he would have normally gotten a spanking but, true to your agreement, you grounded Derek for today instead. Derek is not allowed to leave the house today.  He seemed a bit shocked when you announced his punishment but did accept it even though he did mention that "he and the guys had planned to hang out and race bikes."  You suggested he call (or text) "the guys" and tell them he couldn't make it.

All seems to be going well.  Derek is mostly hanging out in his room occupying himself the best he can.  You wonder if maybe the grounding did not have a better impact than a spanking.  Derek seems to have decided to stretch out on his bed and read and so you decide to head outside and check on your lawn.

You hear a noise from the large tree that grows outside Derek's room and look over and see Derek making his escape.

DEREK - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Derek looks at you and gives a sheepish smile and says , "Ooops!" and scurries back up the tree to his room.

What do you do?

2 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:59 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Well I can either extend his grounding or he is going over my knee.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

3 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:05 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
We talk.

Like most here, I don't like having to play jailer. And consequently, we will talk about rethinking whether he really wants me to use grounding in the future.

For now, he attempted to break his grounding, and didn't think better of it before acting--he got caught. He's getting spanked AND being grounded for an additional day.

4 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Jack

Admin
I think we're going to have a talk about exactly why he wanted me to try other things. One of the worst things about other punishments is that they're much easier to sneak out of than spankings. I will probably give him one more chance, unless he just wants to get spanked and get it over with.

5 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:43 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will go to his room and give him a spanking (reduced for "time served") and then tell him to go have fun with the guys. We will then talk later about if this new plan is a good idea.

6 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:05 pm

kalico

Sherrif
scratch it says I just grounded him to the house and no where I can see it says to his room.....he didn't leave my property so all is good.
(To me house means my property).

I will ask him though if he would like to take some swats and with the time served he can go play.

Hugs kal

7 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Ditto Kal.

8 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:We talk.

Like most here, I don't like having to play jailer.  And consequently, we will talk about rethinking whether he really wants me to use grounding in the future.

For now, he attempted to break his grounding, and didn't think better of it before acting--he got caught.  He's getting spanked AND being grounded for an
additional day.  
I agree with that.The trouble is short of actually locking a child in his room other punishments than spanking require a little more cooperation. He has been sneaky and dishonest so now he will be spanked AND confined to  the house. Later he can tell me which he preferred.

9 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 am

ivor

Marshall
Can't agree with Kal as to me 'house' means 'house' and he was outside it.

So he can go back inside for the rest of the day and get the spanking he was originally going to get for being sneaky and trying to avoid part of his agreed punishment for yesterday's offence.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:15 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll tell him I agree he's getting to old for spankings, its time he progressed to the strap. ....... Then we'll have a demo.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

11 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am

Kai

Deputy
I am going with Jack on this one.
He knows spanking and thought himself too old but he didn't know what a grounding feels like.
Now that he got a taste he might rethink his decision.
I am willing to give him another chance and restart the grounding or take the spanking instead.
If he decides for grounding I'll make it clear that he has to take it really serious or spanking shall become his one and only option again including an immediate deluxe demonstration.
Later we need to have another talk about his punishments and their purposes and goals.
Maybe he is now old enough to get a deeper understanding of WHY we punish and then come to a conclusion HOW we can do it properly and effectively.

12 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:17 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Jack on this. I think I'd better be clear also about what the consequences for breaking a grounding will be, whether it's to extend the grounding, make the terms of the grounding more onerous, or to give a spanking.

Kat

13 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
I agree.

14 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:29 am

1strappedboy

Sherrif
THIS is why we don't use grounding here!! Razz

Seriously, our house is much too big and I have no intention of playing prison guard here to keep a recalcitrant kid ties to a room. Besides, since their rooms have every possible amenity it's a rather pointless exercise in any event.

15 Re: BOTD 8/27/14 "Ooops!" A DMK Production on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:I'll tell him I agree he's getting to old for spankings, its time he progressed to the strap. ....... Then we'll have a demo.

Oh I like this suggestion. I bet my boy quickly decides that spankings may still work the best for him for a little while longer.

I would give him the spanking he had avoided, and require him to finish his day of grounding. Some where along the way I will make time to talk with him about his request for an alternative to spanking.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum