a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 9/4/14 "The Garage Sale" A Jack Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THE GARAGE SALE
A Jack Production

Your whole family has way too much stuff, and you decided a garage sale would be a good way to move some of it.  You'll donate the remainder to Good Will, but the money you earn is going towards a family getaway, on which you all voted and agreed, so everyone is looking forward to the sale and helping out.  You're taking a day off so you can get an early start Friday.  

It's Thursday afternoon, and you're trying to get everything finished, so you don't have to worry about last minute stuff the morning of the sale.  Your son comes out and gets some of the stickers you're using to price things, then later, he comes back with a couple of boxes.
13-Year Old Daniel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"What's in those?" you inquire.

"Some old books; clothes that are still good, but too small; toys I never play with; and some junk I just don't need anymore.  I already priced it all."

You tell Daniel where to put the boxes, then forget about it.

Friday morning, you have a couple of early customers, but then there's some quiet.  Suddenly you're struck by an urge to see what Daniel is selling, thinking that something might make a nice keepsake for you and your partner to hang on to.

And what do you find while digging through the boxes?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For reference, that isn't used for sharpening his razor.  Also, it's been used recently enough that you have no doubt that, while he might not want to play with it anymore, he knows it's not something to be gotten rid of.

So, are you going to go ahead and sell it, or will you let Daniel pay for it?

AFinch

Sherrif
I'll retrieve is. No punishment, but I will let Daniel know that I will be checking his work closely for the foreseeable future.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I am with Kier. I will take it out of the sale and put it away. I will explain things to Daniel.

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:I am with Kier.  I will take it out of the sale and put it away.  I will explain things to Daniel.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Jack

Admin
"Good idea to sell this, Daniel. Then we'll have money to buy that deluxe one I saw online a few weeks ago."

LLALVA

Trailboss
I like Jack's idea.

Smile

Kai

Deputy
Jack wrote:"Good idea to sell this, Daniel.  Then we'll have money to buy that deluxe one I saw online a few weeks ago."
LLALVA wrote:I like Jack's idea.

Smile
Mee too Laughing Laughing Laughing
Does he REALLY think getting rid of the strap might spare him future punishment if needed Question
We can talk about alternative implements or even alternative punishments for future needs. But I'll make it clear to him that the severeness of the punishment has to match the seriousness of the offence. If he expects to get off lightly in the future he might be in for a real surprise.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Jack wrote:"Good idea to sell this, Daniel.  Then we'll have money to buy that deluxe one I saw online a few weeks ago."

I like it Jack, but he may be even quicker to withdraw it if you substitute "deluxe one" with "set of kooboo rattan canes" Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club for me. This reminds of how last year while walking my dog, I saw someone had put a paddle out by the curb with the other trash for pick up. It was in an empty box that had been set out. I wondered if perhaps a kid had slipped it in.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Great idea, Daniel... from now on, your punishment for bad behaviour will be two tablespoons of castor oil right after breakfast on Saturday mornings... Twisted Evil

It has to be given on a Saturday, of course, because we don't want you missing any school and all...

Stevie. Twisted Evil

squarecutter

Sherrif
If this is part of the junk Daniel thinks he doesn't need any more Imight just upgrade to using  a switch in future. See how that goes down. Fotunately there is time to remove this from sale before the customers come round. I will tell Dan I am watching him closely

Padraig

Trailboss
Nice example for kid think. No punishment, he knows it has backfired already. Laughing

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:K Club for me. This reminds of how last year while walking my dog, I saw someone had put a paddle out by the curb with the other trash for pick up. It was in an empty box that had been set out. I wondered if perhaps a kid had slipped it in.

Kat

Nope, Dad put it out there, Kat. He was a kid like you and Troy, and that was his punishment. Razz

Stone Man

Marshall
Daniel can "buy it" for how ever much it was priced and them go hang it back up on the room side of this closet door; and hope that I don't feel the need to test it out on him just in case it is no longer effective. Twisted Evil

As Dan's Dad, All I can say is he's a lot smarter than I give him credit for and he knows which side of his bread buttered. Nope I'm not going to do anything but say goodbye to a trusted friend. Thanks mi amigo, I'm sure gonna miss ya.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
He can buy it back and hang it back up where it belongs. Later he can 'pay me back' with twice the charged price upon his naked, too smart for his own good arse!! Twisted Evil

Nice try, Dan! I'm surprised Darren never tried that move; that would e something I could see him doing. Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum