Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Jack

Admin
Your 12-year old son, Jagger, is a huge football fan, and normally a pretty well-behaved boy.
Jagger, 12, is the one receiving

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last Friday night, you accidentally caught Jagger violating the agreement the two of you had for him to attend the high school, home games. It wasn't a huge violation, but the two of you had talked it out quite a bit before you decided to let him go, so you know he knew what was expected. Your intention had been to not let him go to the next home game. After he heard that, he begged for a whooping, which you finally granted. It was hard enough to have him doing a lot of kicking and a little crying, but not too bad, compared to what he normally gets.

Now it's Monday, and you're at work, when you receive a call from Jagger. He's in the office.

It turns out that some of the teachers from the middle school help patrol the field and campus at home games. One of his teachers saw him cutting through the faculty parking lot at the high school Friday night, which is out of bounds to students. He was reported and called into the office. The principal is now waiting to give him two swats for his violation. He complains to you that it's totally unfair, since you've already punished him for it.

Is he right?

2 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I think he is right. I will talk to the principal.

3 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Sadly school rules are school rules and home rules are home rules.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

4 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:40 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:I think he is right.  I will talk to the principal.
Though maybe Katz is right. HMMMMMM

5 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Suspect I'm with katz

I kinda have a problem with that as I'm sure that rule only applies to during school hours but I'm gonna have to find out about it. I know ours did.

If I didn't see anything in the school rules handbook I'm going to fight it. if it is true then I'm going to have to find out if the boys knew. If they did then I'm with JB

hugs kal

6 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm with Kal on this. If it was in the handbook (or they KNEW this was forbidden) then this is one where it's going to bite him on the butt literally. OTOH, if they genuinely didn't violate/know, then I'll try to talk to the principal 'this time'.

7 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
When I attended school, activities on school grounds were the bailiwick of the school, including coming to and going home from school. The school was "responsible" for us from the time we left home to go there until we arrived home after--and anything that happened during that time was dealt with by school authorities. Similarly, football games were an organized school activity and were subject to school rules.

I had already told Jagger the rules. He disobeyed them, though I don't think that was the crime of the century. He got caught. I punished him (per the scenario).

He also got caught by the school and is about to get punished there. If I already spanked him for his willful disobedience, I think I'm a hypocrite if I interfere with the school's doing the same thing. It's not exactly the same misbehavior--that is, he violated both a school and a home rule, and got caught in both places. Sorry Jagger--don't do the crime if you don't want to face the consequences.

(That said, I wouldn't have punished him last night, so he'd only be facing school swats in real life. And I'm still not going to interfere.)

8 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:40 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
The world isn't a fair place and he'll survive his licks but I'm going to be asking the principal "How the h*** are we parents supposed to pick up our kids if the parking lot is out of bounds to students?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:25 am

Jack

Admin
kalico wrote:I kinda have a problem with that as I'm sure that rule only applies to during school hours but I'm gonna have to find out about it. I know ours did.

Kier pretty much already answered this correctly, but I'll chip in to be sure.

Yes, school's do claim jurisdiction over their students at times outside of school and have generally been supported on this. I have actually had problems with this, and have gone round and round with the school about it on and off since I was in fourth grade, which was the first time I heard them claim they were in charge of us until we left home. (Okay, in fourth grade it was actually just my mom claiming over the dinner table a bit...)

However, if your kid is at school, on a school function, then the school rules pretty much do apply. In this case, the principal can assure you that all the students were given rules for attending football games.

MemoryMan wrote:I'm going to be asking the principal "How the h*** are we parents supposed to pick up our kids if the parking lot is out of bounds to students?

Faculty parking lot. At the new high school (which is almost 20 years old now), we have four parking areas - one reserved just for teachers, one just for students, an area for bus pick ups, and then an area for visitors and picking kids up. In reality, a lot of parents will pick their kids up at side exits, which helps spread the congestion.

I kind of see this as two violations. He wasn't supposed to leave the stadium. He did, and he got spanked for it. He wasn't supposed to cut through the faculty parking lot. He did, and know he's going to get paddled for it.

In this case, I see those as two pretty minor violations. I punished him Friday night because I felt that I needed to make a point about following rules that we'd both agreed on, and that seemed pretty clear.

There may not be much I can do about this. If I refuse permission for the paddle in this case, he'll probably get detention instead. I'll leave that choice up to him.

Before it comes to that, I will ask to speak to the principal. I'll explain that I already knew about the violation, didn't know a teacher had observed it, and so I'd handled it myself. I'll tell the principal that I don't believe in punished at home, punished at school as a general thing, and that if I'd known he'd face punishment at school, I wouldn't have punished him at home. Because of that, I'm going to ask the principal to consider the matter handled.

If he's anything like me, he'll agree, but only after hearing the details. Twisted Evil

10 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:07 am

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:

If he's anything like me, he'll agree, but only after hearing the details.  Twisted Evil
LOL good answer. Razz Razz Razz

11 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Like Jack, I will explain to the principal that Jagger has already undergone one punishment. I hope that he'll cut the kid some slack, but if he doesn't, then Jagger will survive (though the principal will have made an enemy of one of his students).

Kat

12 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
If this is what the discussion and the spanking was about I will talk to the Principal but if he is set onn following through there will be little I can do. unless the Principal needs my permission first

13 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:10 am

kalico

Sherrif
Your points could be right and I'll have to look at dani's school rule book.

As for when I was in school they had no power over us unless we were on away games. My one horse town built a HUGE stadium with baseball fields attached to it. That the city ran( that was my brother in laws baby who worked for the city). So I guess I was going by my up bringing. They only say when we went back to the school for the after football dances.

Like I said I would talk to the school and see what I could do but if not then he's on his own and it will be a lesson learned the hard way....

Hugs kal

14 Re: 9 Sept 2014 - Jagger's Juoble Deopardy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Jack wrote: I kind of see this as two violations.  He wasn't supposed to leave the stadium.  He did, and he got spanked for it.  He wasn't supposed to cut through the faculty parking lot.  He did, and know he's going to get paddled for it.  

I definitely see this as two incidents: one of disobeying me for which he was spanked and the other of disobeying school rules for which he will now be paddled.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum