a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 09-14-14 The Little Snake - A Shannon Spencer Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
The Little Snake
A Shannon Spencer Production

Your thirteen year old son, Skyler, is a scout.  He says he enjoys it but often his actions relay a different message.  Your primary method of correction with Skyler is still a spanking. Skyler's scout troop has a three day camp out planned.  You allow Skyler to attend.

Skyler is, to put it in a word, a terror at the camp out.  He refuses to wear any part of the uniform.  He is disrespectful to the leadership and he wanders off from the camp site. On one of Skyler's wanderings he finds a grass snake.

Skyler - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Assistant Scout Master is terrified of snakes, any snake.  Skyler knows this so puts the creature in the assistant's  bag.  Needless to say the assistant got quite a shock.  Skyler burst out laughing and admitted to the prank and said, "Chill out, Dude!  It's just a little snake."

The Scout Master has had enough and has called you and explained everything to you and has asked you to come collect your son.  (There is cell service in the area.)  The camp site is only about a half hour's drive from your home. You arrive and take Skyler home.

What happens when you get Skyler home?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Spanking!

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jeans and undies down, OTK, long session with hand.

We will then discuss why it is he is in scouts and how serious he is about it.  It might be time to leave scouting.

On edit:

To clarify - I am spanking him for his disobedience to those appointed in charge of him. The prank and not wearing the uniform in and of themselves would probably not merit a spanking but DDD does.

Last edited by David M. Katz on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:Jeans and undies down, OTK, long session with hand.

We will then discuss why it is he is in scouts and how serious he is about it.  It might be time to leave scouting.
Ditto. We have some scouting stuff to go over after the "talk" Like Scout Oath and Scout Law.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Frankly I have more sympathy for the poor little snake then for the Assistant Scout Master!

No wonder Skyler has little respect for the Scout Masters and their rules, Skyler seems to be more of an outdoorsman then them!

I think it is time to find another troop for him.

If I spank him it will be for taking the snake from it's habitat.

Iconoclast

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I think I'll quietly give the boy an overdose of Godfry's cordial and get rid of the problem that way and all...

ivor

Marshall
I'm pretty certain he can't be in Dimitri's troop! Smile

I'm just surprised his Scout Troop/Master haven't asked for him to be removed before now.

Once I get him home his not so little asp and my snakeskin belt are going to get intimately acquainted.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
The whole package of behaviours merits a spanking. Later we will have a long talk about whether he REALLY wants to stay in the Scouts. If he does he will be expected to toe the line, wear the uniform, the lot. If he can't do that I will take him out of there

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I have scant sympathy (or respect) for the scoutmaster, Skyler should have been sorted or removed well before this incident.

..........BUT.......

Skyler is NOT a scout.  He may be a member of a scout troop but he is NOT a scout.

What Skyler is, is an undisciplined brat.  This is the last straw and that is about to change. As a first step I'm going to turn his butt to a colour that would make a baboon jealous. Mad

Later we'll discuss his scouting future.  If he wants to continue he will have to commit, perhaps with a different troop; and if he doesn't toe the line then I'll withdraw him completely. - together with the leathering of his life.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
A lot of what happens depends on his attitude when I pick him up. Is he shocked and saddened at being sent home, or is he belligerent and complaining about them for 'not being able to take it.' If it's the first, then I think we need to have a long talk about what he was doing, and why it was wrong, and I'll probably emphasize it with a fairly mild punishment. If it's the second, then we have a long road ahead of us. If he's reacting like that, it sounds like he doesn't have much empathy or consideration, and I have to consider the fact that he might be a bully. While I have to consider that he's just acting that way because he thought he was out from under my thumb, I still think he's getting a stern lecture of exactly what I feel like was wrong with his behavior, and then a deluxe session over my lap.

And BTW -

Little grass snake? In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Jack

Admin
Iconoclast wrote:Frankly I have more sympathy for the poor little snake then for the Assistant Scout Master!

Icono, when the Scout Master was 7, his grandfather saved him from a rattlesnake, but was bit himself and died before they could get him help.

It's called a phobia, and they're not exactly rational.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Skyler is getting a spanking, but I'm going to let his attitude determine how serious the spanking will be.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
ivor wrote:I'm pretty certain he can't be in Dimitri's troop! Smile

I'm just surprised his Scout Troop/Master haven't asked for him to be removed before now.

Once I get him home his not so little asp and my snakeskin belt are going to get intimately acquainted.

I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if he were in my troop! The guys all know I hate snakes and would really have a bear in my tent than a snake, I have therefore had way more than my share in either my boots, luggage or bag.  I scream like a girl and throw it far, far from my tent to the accompaniment of gales of boyish laughter.   Suspect

If you can picture a 6ft 9in 240 pound man squealing as I do, you would laugh too to be fair!  Now as to Skyler here, as his scoutmaster I would probably have him meditate on this:

A part of the Scout Oath requires that we obey and live by the scout law.  Does what you just did frame you as trustworthy?  No, how about kind?  Not very helpful here either.  Let's see, friendly...courteous? Perhaps brave could be argued.  I would suggest you bravely face the spanking your about to get!!

As his dad......he's toast!

An aside, when we are camping our boys wear 'civvies' unless we are at formation or chapel. Now if Skyler had refused to 'suit up' for one of those occasions it is likely that I'd also be discussing his future in our unit. Though to be fair, in MY unit the boy leadership wouldn't allow for this. Our Troop is a pretty tight ship; we're not quite military crisp but the boys really try to look and act sharp. Needless to say, I'm proud of that.

Last edited by 1strappedboy on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : afterthought)

kalico

Sherrif
as far the scouts they can deal with him how ever they feel ....

as for me well....I thinks its time to sit down and talk about if he is really happy in the scouts or if we are going to be done. his behavior is telling me he is done but I will let him think on it. as for the tude and prank he is toast.

hugs kal

15 The little snake on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:25 pm

shannonsp6

Kid
Of course he can get out of Scouts. I don't like my son quitting things but if he asked me nicely.

Of course for embarrassing behavior, I may have to deal with him in a tent, so everyone will hear what he is getting.

Stone Man

Marshall
It appears that the Scouting Leadership has bent over backwards trying to allow Skyer to experience scouting.... It hasn't worked.

Its time for my son and me to have a talk about his desire to remain with the program or to find him another activity more suited to his wants and hopefully needs.

He DOES need a spanking at the very least as his behavior has been unacceptable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum