Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 15 Sept 2014: Liar, Lair, Pants On Fire?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 15 Sept 2014: Liar, Lair, Pants On Fire? on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Jack

Admin
Six years and one month ago, you were the single father of an 11-year old boy.  The two of you shared some interest, and you were relatively happy together.  At some point, life snuck up on you, and know it looks more like
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, honestly the house isn't always like that.  Your oldest son, Doug, is a senior in high school now, the older two of your three step-sons are in middle school, and the (don't call me a) baby, Eli, is only 8, and usually pretty well behaved.  For a while, you lived with your sister, who's a lawyer, and you were the prime authority figure for her two sons for a while.  Roland is a freshman in college, and actually turned out pretty well (somewhat to your surprise, and possibly to his own).  The younger nephew, 14-year old Tristan, gets along very well with your boys.  Occasionally, and even after two years, it sometimes seems he hasn't forgiven you for marrying and moving out (or maybe for not taking him with you), but he's frequently at your house, and has his own spot there.

You're fairly strict, and even Doug is under threat of the occasional sore bottom (though it's been a while since he's even needed the threat), and you still handle Tristan's discipline when called for.  Generally speaking, though, the boys are well-behaved, and certainly don't need more discipline than the average boy their ages.

That's why you were shocked by what you've just learned.

This afternoon, you ran into a close friend of yours - Kim Malone.  Her brood is actually larger than yours, so the two of you commiserate from time to time.  Also, several of her kids are about the same age as several of yours, and they form some complex, interlocking, and close friendships among themselves and yet another brood of kids.  While you're talking, Kim mentions that she's missed seeing Tristan around lately, and it will be nice for football season to end, so the kids will have more free time.

You make noncommittal noises in response to that, finish the conversation, then your shopping, and head home.  You can't get it out of your head, though.

Normally, Tristan spends a lot of time at Jack Wells house, even though he's not required to go there after school, like your younger boys are.  You know he was a bit down, because his closest friends, Tyler and Riley Malone and Bryce Wells are all either playing football or in marching band - meaning their busy after school.  He'd been spending less time at Jack's than normal, but you thought he was visiting around and hanging with other boys.  The main reason you thought that is because he told you that - right down to telling you he'd been at the Malone home the day before, and that Kim had said to tell you hello.

Tristan comes over for dinner, not long after you arrive home.  You get him alone and confront him with what you know.  He denies anything at first, but breaks down when you threaten to check some of his other alibis.  He admits that he made a new friend at school who lives relatively nearby.  This boy is a latch key kid, and his parents let him have music with parental warnings and he plays video games that are 'T' and 'Adults Only'.  He's only been doing it a couple of weeks.

While Tristan isn't required to check in with anyone after school, he is supposed to let an adult know if he'll be out of pocket (which this definitely was), he has pretty strict screen time limits (which he's obviously been violating), and he is only allowed to play games or listen to music (or watch R rated movies) if they've been approved by yourself or his mom.  And that doesn't even consider the fact that he's been lying to a number of people about what's been happening.

What has Mr. Trist earned for himself tonight?

Last edited by Jack on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

John Boy

Sherrif
I might throw ristrictions out there and see how fast his pants come down.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
Tristan, I would like for you to meet my friend, Mr. Lexan.

Liar, liar butt on fire.

kalico

Sherrif
well if this is RL then Im ganna say the paddle will be making an impression on this young man......

as for my answer he will be getting paddled for the lies.....
then I would like to meet this new friend and his parents....

hugs kal

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Liar, liar butt on fire.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Stone Man

Marshall
It seems Trist is either going up or down in flames.

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with everyone else. Rules violations, and lying to cover them up has earned him a very sore bottom.

8 Liar Lair on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:21 pm

shannonsp6

Kid
I have to agree with Kalico, Paddle to start.

squarecutter

Sherrif
several breaches and lying with it. Tristans fetching his paddle> Think it will be a lesson to all

Padraig

Trailboss
I think the BOTD-me is a bit too strict but as the scenario stands he is in for a serious toasting.

Jack

Admin
Padraig wrote:I think the BOTD-me is a bit too strict but as the scenario stands he is in for a serious toasting.

Just interested, but where do you think he's too strict?

BTW - Thanks to Ivor for the editing. I had switched names at one place in the scenario, and he notified me so I could correct it.

ivor

Marshall
I'm not sure I agree with all the limits that Tristan has imposed on him, but he sure has done a good job of breaking quite a number.

I can't see any option other than a hand starter and a main course of paddle.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Ivor.

Kat

Padraig

Trailboss
Jack wrote:
Padraig wrote:I think the BOTD-me is a bit too strict but as the scenario stands he is in for a serious toasting.

While I can understand the limited screen time, if there were problems with that, and depending on the area, I might want to know where he is. Adult games and movies are out of questions, but screening his music?

All in all, the whole package seems a bit over protecting to me. He is 14, after all. But there might be reasons the scenario doesn't mention.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
He has been lying by default. This is saying nothing about the music that is past what he's permitted or the gaming. I will want to meet this new 'friend' shortly. First however he's getting 6 hard with the strop in my house.

Jack

Admin
Padraig wrote:
Jack wrote:

While I can understand the limited screen time, if there were problems with that, and depending on the area, I might want to know where he is. Adult games and movies are out of questions, but screening his music?

All in all, the whole package seems a bit over protecting to me. He is 14, after all. But there might be reasons the scenario doesn't mention.

Actually, his mom and Uncle aren't as strict as that makes it sound. It's very seldom that he's not allowed something that he wants. They just prefer to talk about it with him first.

As for music, I'm not even positive they still do that with him. I know that they're pretty strict with his younger cousins, but I think that's because of his big brother. Roland was big into rap for a while, and some of the stuff he was bringing home was pretty horrible - not language per se, but incredibly hateful - misogynistic, anti-homosexual, kill the cops type stuff.

Tristan has developed a lot of his musical interests along with my kid (he's been to see almost every musical we've seen since we met him), so it's quite possibly that it's either off the books now or just not really enforced.

Jack

Admin
Before getting into this, I should point out two things that did affect Dean's actions last Thursday night (when this occurred).

The first is that, while Roland was mostly rebelling against Dean's rather strict and authoritarian parenting methods, and mostly used Gangsta as a way of expression, he did get into some trouble in high school.

To that, add the fact that this was happening about 8pm Thursday evening, by the time Dean had talked to Traci (his wife) and me to double check facts. That made it hard to call other people. At that point, he only had Tristan's word for what happened, and he'd just learned that Tristan's word wasn't quite as dependable as previously thought.

Tristan received what Dean called 'just about the hardest spanking (he) ever (gave).' I don't think he was doing that because he was mad, but because he saw this as an extended pattern of deliberate deception.

Except when using the Jokari, I think Dean always spanks bare, and this was no exception. What was an exception is that he started out slow, carefully placing the swats, until his entire canvas was reddened - THEN, he switched to a shortened, but still intense session of fast and furious... And Tristan was very vocal about how much he appreciated the efforts. And while Dean normally uses his hand, he has been known to use a brush before, in serious situations, and he definitely considered this serious.

Then came the trouble.

Tristan was supposed to be in isolation after school Friday and Saturday.

When he arrived home Friday, I took him to the upstairs bedroom, we got him a couple of books, checked for homework, then I had him undress, and I tested him for drugs and tobacco.

He was clean.

After Dean informed me that this was one of the hardest spankings he'd ever given, I also insisted on checking Tristan's rear. While he said he was burning and aching all the previous night, he'd been okay upon waking, and he wasn't showing any marks at all.

Later, I called and talked to the other boys mom. He's grounded, but I was allowed to talk to him long enough to confirm that Tristan's story was true.

At that point, I told Dean that the amount of isolation on top of everything else was too harsh. We argued a bit, but the simple fact is that they couldn't leave him at his house, alone, and they didn't have a space to isolate him at their house, so it was my house or nothing - which had just been changed to nothing.

After learning that Tristan was clean, and his story was (at least mostly) true, Dean calmed down some and relented with good grace.

Tristan is coming over here daily, and has to check out like my kids do, but I think he's mostly okay with the minor loss of freedom.

I'm not sure whether to tell him this or not, but the really bad thing is, if he'd just told someone he was going over there, I think he would have gotten away with the rest with no problem.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum