a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 9/18/14 "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
A Memory Man Production

You are proud of your eleven, going on twelve year old boy Keiran.   He's a well behaved modest but talented sporty kid who seldom gets into trouble, but on those rare occasions you spank him.

Tonight you are watching TV when you hear a commotion in the kitchen and on investigating you find your wife going on at Keiran who is in the process of stripping off wet mud covered jeans; his sodden muddy shoes are already on the floor.

Under questioning he stubbornly refuses to explain how they got in that state.  Eventually, frustrated by his intransigence you slide your belt through its loops and, taking advantage of his state of undress you leather him on the spot.

Next morning (Saturday) your wife is out shopping and Keiran is out playing football for his school when your local paper comes through the door and you see a front page headline.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THIS HERO?

Below it you see a picture, taken from the bridge, of Keiran standing calf deep in the river supporting the footrest of a motorised wheelchair (containing an extremely large lady passenger) that was hanging over a four foot drop into the river.

According to the report the lady had lost control driving along the bankside path, the wheels had slipped over the edge leaving her teetering on the edge.  The boy had run down to help and not being strong enough to recover the chair used his mobile to call the emergency services before slithering down the bank to stand in the river to stabilise it.

Then whilst the distraught rescued occupant was being calmed down the boy quietly slipped away.

Keiran - 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Later, when Keiran bursts in, ebullient with his team's victory you show him the paper. His face drops "Shh-I-TT"  he exclaims, and quickly looks up apprehensively at you.

"Why on earth didn't you tell us?"  You ask quietly

The immediate danger from his remark gone he started to look sheepish.  "Sorry Dad"  he explained.  "But it wasn't brave or dangerous or anything and if I'd told you about it Mum would have started fussing all over me and then she'd have told the story at her club and I'd have had loads of old women patting me on the head and calling me a little hero or some such shi--rubbish.

He gave a rueful smile and rubbed his rump: "Sorry I was so awkward last night;  I suppose I deserved that hiding and anyway it seemed like the best thing at the time.  Now I'd just like to get my hands on the busybody to took that photo and gave it to the press"

Keiran appears to have to have forgiven you for last night but you are upset with yourself for your knee jerk reaction.  Unfortunately though you can't unspank him.  

How WILL you take it forward?

David M. Katz

Marshall
He will get lots of hugs from me and I will make sure to intervene with Mum so she knows to keep the information on the "down low" but he can expect hugs and s**t from Mum.

We will then go to dinner as a family to celebrate.

I will also apologize and promise in the future that I will have all of the facts and listen to him and then we will work together on future spankings.

I really screwed this one up but I think my son will forgive me as long as I am honest and truly apologetic.

John Boy

Sherrif
I will ignore the S#@$ and I will tell him I am proud of him and hug him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Jack

Admin
Exactly why am I letting my wife yell at an 11-year old boy for being muddy, then whipping him when he seems distraught because of all the yelling?

Yeah, if I actually did that, I'm lucky he's not cussing at me. I owe him one, and I'll make sure he knows I appreciate what he did, and am sorry for what I did. I'll pay back part of my debt by explaining to my wife and her friends that he's not a pet dog, and they need to keep their hands to themselves.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
It seems Keiran doesn't want a fuss made over him, so I'll respect that. I'll do my best though to find some way to make it up to him.

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with everyone else. I can't unspank him, but I'll find another way to make it up to him without being overly effusive--something he clearly DOES NOT want.

ivor

Marshall
The picture was good enough for me to recognise Kieran so it is highly likely that relations, neighbours, friends or schoolmates will also. I thus consider he has little chance of keeping his actions secret. But, as I do rather owe him, I'll restrain myself from calling the paper to tell them I know who they boy is. I will tell him he had better prepare himself for plenty of attention over the next few days as the word spreads.

I'm also going to give him a grovelling apology for last night and find some way of making it up to him. Exactly how depends on Kieran's interests. but the latest mobile would probably be acceptable.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
No good deed goes unpunished? Very true!

squarecutter

Sherrif
My first thought is why the to-do about wet and muddy jeans. I fit was a school uniform or Sunday best may be. 

I obviously fed off my Spouses reaction Still unless the boy was banned from the river I am amazed that he was so bothered about a few old ladies patting his head which probably would happen to such a charming boy (expletives excepted) anyway. Still its happened and I think there is absolutely no chance of Mum not finding out so we are going out to dinner. I hope Kieran is able to sit still for long enough to eat it

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm having a problem with being the unthinking brute in the set up, as that's how I grew up; spank first and question later. However, since I did this I have rather a lot of fixing to do.

After much apologizing and hugging I'll congratulate his heroism and his humility. He can ask for whatever he wants within reason as a reward and I'm sure I can get the Mrs to corral the club ladies.

Padraig

Trailboss
First of all the belting was justified for calling the Mrs. an old women...

Embarassed

Of course I am with you all.

Stone Man

Marshall
I can't unspank, but I can apologize for being quick with the leather. Kieran seems to have taken the hiding in stride so all that remains is a private hug along with verbal praise.... And a warning that he is too well know and his picture in the paper is too good for him to get away unnoticed by the community.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Whilst this RL incident didn't inspire the the BOTD the memory may have unconsciously facilitated its writing.

It was wartime England, clothing was rationed and keeping a growing child clothed sometimes made inroads into the parental coupon book.

I was returning from Sunday School with friends, attired in my "Sunday Best" and (instead of coming straight home as instructed) we diverted to indulge in some tree climbing.  I slipped (or rather slithered) with the result my jacket, pants and shirt front got stained with moss/lichen.

I hardly dared go home.  Mum went ballistic when I walked in and the commotion brought dad in from the garden just as I was stripping off.

The dreaded command to "fetch the strap" preceded one of my more memorable hidings but even though the stains on my clothes washed out faster than the one on my bottom it failed to initiate any "unspanking" measures.

It did though ensure that I always came straight home from Sunday School to get changed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
Now THAT is a much different situation, and I would have been much more likely to spank - for the disobedience if nothing else.

Stone Man

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote: It did though ensure that I always came straight home from Sunday School to get changed.

So then, the spanking had the desired effect. What a Face

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum