a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 09-27-2014 - He's Got Red Shoes - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
He's got Red Shoes
An Ivor Production

You have been out of work for the last couple of months so money is tight. Mind you it has always been tight as you have only ever had a low paid job. Consequently buying clothes for your now 13 year old son Davie is a problem especially as he has been going through a growth spurt. He usually wears items you buy from the Thrift/Charity shops in town which has led to him being picked on at school.

Today he is very late (over an hour) coming home - which would be a spanking offence - so you go out looking for him. When you find him this is what you see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's been doing odd jobs in the neighbourhood recently such as grass cutting to earn some money and today he wore to school the new pair of red converse he had bought at the weekend. Unfortunately the other kids laughed at him and accused him of have stolen them so he got in a fight. Hence the tear in his jeans and another rip in the back of his shirt.

He tells you as you are walking home that he and the three other boys with whom he was fighting all got a couple of licks of the VP's paddle but he seems strangely pleased about that.

What's going to happen to Davie when you get him home?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
He's been punished for fight so no more extra punishment needed. I think I'm going to go hang out with my boy. Smile

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Skater.

Jack

Admin
I'm having words with the VP about why he's punishing a boy who's being bullied. Besides that, I don't see a need to go any further.

BTW - I've been in thrift stores - I don't know how they tell where his clothes come from, but maybe that's just around here.

Padraig

Trailboss
I don't think you'd see it by the clothes but if only one boy sees us word will spread quickly. And maybe it doesn't need even that. There are many ways one can 'advertise' that money is tight.

No punishment of course. Hopefully he understands my limited possibilities to improve his life. At least I hope he sees I am trying.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Ditto to Jack.

squarecutter

Sherrif
For my part its time for an arm round the shoulder not punishment. I will ask if the Principal knew he was being bullied. A lot of times kids wont turn the bullies in for fear of reprisals and ostracism from even non bullying classmates.  I may decide to apprise the Principal of what is happening.  I'm not sure if  the paddling will stop the bullying but may be school staff will be more vigilant. I don't want my son to be known for fighting at the drop of a hat either

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I'm having words with the VP about why he's punishing a boy who's being bullied.  Besides that, I don't see a need to go any further.

BTW - I've been in thrift stores - I don't know how they tell where his clothes come from, but maybe that's just around here.
Ditto Jack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Skateski.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
T'is a sharp lesson fer yon lad... 'appens as clogs were always good enough fer t' likes o' us...

We're goin' t' pop yon shoes and buy him a pair o' clogs first thing in t' morning and all...

Stevie.

Addendum:

The Clogs we bought together...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
He's already been punished, and he's been the victim of some mocking by other boys. So why prolong his torment?

12 Pop yon shoes and all... on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:10 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
We're goin' t' pop yon shoes

I forgot to mention what that actually means... if you don't already know and all...

To 'pop' something is to pawn it. Thus, we're going to pawn the red shoes... of course we have no intention of redeeming them this time.

Some uses of this word...

'To pop one's clogs' = to die (your clogs would be the last thing that you'd pawn in cold and rainy Lancashire).

The song...

Up and down the City Road
In and out the Eagle
That's the way the money goes
Pop! goes the weasel...

Makes sense when you realise that:

1) The city road is in London and was festooned with pubs from end to end.
2) The Eagle was a famous tavern which still exists today.
3) 'Pop' has just been explained.
4) Weasel is a device used by hand spinners... (not by William Weeks on his self-acting mule)

Sorry if this wasn't required and all...

Stevie.

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
StevieWeeks wrote:
We're goin' t' pop yon shoes

The song...

Up and down the City Road
In and out the Eagle
That's the way the money goes
Pop! goes the weasel...

1) The city road is in London and was festooned with pubs from end to end.
2) The Eagle was a famous tavern which still exists today.

Sorry if this wasn't required and all...

Stevie.

The Eagle

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm going to ask him why he's so dang pleased. What a Face

To this point I see no reason to add to his punishment.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum